Best Moto X Cases

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I believe it's likely that there's sufficient space within the Sena case for Lumia 920 to accommodate the Moto X with a thin polyurethane cover like the Cimo. Of course, if you get the Sena case and it doesn't fit to your satisfaction, you can return it; but I think it's worth a try if you like the thin leather case.
Do you think the Moto X would fit in the Sena case with a bumper around it like this:

Walnut Moto X with Bumper.jpg

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Just bought this morning a clear/black Supcase for my ebony Moto X. Will see how that looks, may also buy a few more clear cases to compare.

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Just bought this morning a clear/black Supcase for my ebony Moto X. Will see how that looks, may also buy a few more clear cases to compare.

I almost went with the "clear" option as well, until I noticed that all the reviews mentioned it is actually frosted/pretty opaque. After seeing my friend's case in real life, I still think it looks good, but it definitely isn't clear.

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Here's my rocketfish tpu case.
image.jpg
image.jpg

The one below in the attached thumbnails box is a custom case. Here's the back of it.
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 75

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Question: what holster would anyone recommend. I'm in a wheelchair so putting the phone in my pocket isn't practible

Posted via Android Central App

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Question: what holster would anyone recommend. I'm in a wheelchair so putting the phone in my pocket isn't practible

I haven't seen holsters mentioned really. The Otterbox Defender usually comes with one. I'm sure Amazon will have a few options.

Edit: There's a few listed on Amazon. If it were me, I'd stick to Seidio or Otterbox for a holster and case since you'll want something reliable. Unless someone comes in here and can give you a first hand account of some other cheaper options like i-blason, etc.

I know the Seidio holster and case for the HTC Incredible were well reviewed back when I had that phone.

Sent from my Moto X

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
The Puregear soft touch shell/holster available on Amazon for $16:

Amazon.com: Puregear 60326PG Shell with Kickstand and Holster Combo for Moto X - 1 Pack - Retail Packaging - Black (60326PG): Computers & Accessories

I don't have a Seidio for my Moto X but I had one for my GNex and I really like the Seidio Surface/holster combo, too if you want a color. It comes in blue, red and purple and has a great feel to it. They have black, too and the case comes with and without a kickstand. Here is a link to the blue surface with a kickstand:

Amazon.com: Seidio BD2-HR3MTXPK-RB SURFACE Case with Metal Kickstand and Holster Combo for use with Motorola Moto X - Combo Pack - Retail Packaging - Royal Blue: Cell Phones & Accessories

The only negative complaint I have about the Seidio is the clip on the top of the holster broke on both of mine eventually. The little metal springs just snapped from use. If you don't want to put a case on yours, you could get a backless bumper and that should work with the Seidio surface holster, which you can buy separate from the surface case.

Amazon.com: Slick Shell TPU Black and Black Hybrid Plastic Backless Bumper Case for Motorola Moto X: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Seidio Surface Holster for Motorola Moto X - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Edit: There's a few listed on Amazon. If it were me, I'd stick to Seidio or Otterbox for a holster and case since you'll want something reliable. Unless someone comes in here and can give you a first hand account of some other cheaper options like i-blason, etc.
Never tried Otterbox, but I can recommend both the Seidio surface/holster and Puregear shell/holster from first hand use, with the caveat about the Seidio clip eventually breaking. The Puregear is my favorite but it only comes in black.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Never tried Otterbox, but I can recommend both the Seidio surface/holster and Puregear shell/holster from first hand use, with the caveat about the Seidio clip eventually breaking. The Puregear is my favorite but it only comes in black.

Thanks!

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't seen holsters mentioned really. The Otterbox Defender usually comes with one. I'm sure Amazon will have a few options.

I know the Seidio holster and case for the HTC Incredible were well reviewed back when I had that phone.

Sent from my Moto X

I'd go with the Seidio case and holster combo. I have it and the Otterbox Defender and though it's easier to insert and remove it seems more secure and less apt to come out on its own.

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I almost went with the "clear" option as well, until I noticed that all the reviews mentioned it is actually frosted/pretty opaque. After seeing my friend's case in real life, I still think it looks good, but it definitely isn't clear.

I've seen some cases that look frosted but I still want the ebony wood to be seen. As for the clear back on the Supcase it looks pretty clear with maybe a light tint over it.

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Have a white Incipio Dual Pro. Do not buy one. It has a soft touch finish that absorbs every spec of oil and dirt.

Ordered a Trident Aegis in red. Will post back when I get it tuesday.

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
I picked up "Hyperion TPU" off Amazon for about $6. Pretty cheap case that came with a screen protector which is cheap as well :O It does make the buttons a little harder to operate but I don't use the unlock button very often with the X.

I like it because it doesn't have branding all over it and it has a cutout for the back dimple.

I like the way the shape of the X hides the bulk of the phone even with a cheap-O case!

Hoff Woohoo

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
It is grippy enough to keep the phone from sliding around on a table/counter?

The matte finish back feels like very fine sandpaper and the "band" has a hard rubbery feel. When it first arrived the gloss part had a "tacky" feel to it which I didn't like but I think it was some goo left from manufacturing. It wore off after a couple of days and now I'm really liking the case. I assumed the matte back would scratch up a lot but it hasn't yet after over a month. No saggy edges either... I'd say it's no more/less grippy than a naked X back. I keep mine face down when not pocketed and the rubber bezel helps it stay put

It was supposed to be temporary until something better came along but I think I'm just gonna stick with it. Definitely not a premium case but I'm not looking for a replacement.

redeyss

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have the Hyperion tpu case but found that dust particles would get inside and scratch up the piano black front and side edges. In now using the bear motion quicksand case, which has become my daily driver. I also have the seidio surface hard case but prefer the quicksand case.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I purchased the case holster combo from Verizon and it fits nice no bulk and the ability to carry on my side is nice .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad