06-04-2014 11:17 PM
397 12345 ...
tools
    Didn't get a Moto maker phone though. Just got a black one.
    Then maybe it's not entirely relevant to you. But to others with Moto Maker phones or who want to add colors to their phone in the same way as the Air Jacket Grip, it might matter.
    12-08-2013 10:31 PM
    The best case is the one that comes in the box. NONE.
    Oh, please not this. Not everyone wants to go around not wanting to protecting their devices they (likely how I did as well) spent hundreds on. It feels wonderful without case, but I know it's not something I would do on a regular basis outside of my home.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App
    12-08-2013 11:06 PM
    Then maybe it's not entirely relevant to you. But to others with Moto Maker phones or who want to add colors to their phone in the same way as the Air Jacket Grip, it might matter.
    Maybe if it was cheaper, that thing is $34 bucks.

12-08-2013 11:07 PM
    Maybe if it was cheaper, that thing is $34 bucks.

You do know there's an ongoing promotion on accessories right?

Posted via Android Central App
    12-09-2013 02:30 AM
    You do know there's an ongoing promotion on accessories right?

What promotion?

12-09-2013 07:00 AM
    Unless you want a fruity color..you're sol right now anyway. Most are still old out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 07:02 AM
    I would LOVE not to have a case but these damn phones are just too expensive for ME Znot to protect.

When I take the case off of my GS3 I love how it feels, but it must stay protected so the case goes back on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 07:08 AM
    What promotion?

Use code THANKS for 30% off accessories. It was showing on the Moto Maker page where you customize. It's also shown here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=zPe92O2V
    12-09-2013 09:53 AM
    Use code THANKS for 30% off accessories. It was showing on the Moto Maker page where you customize. It's also shown here:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=n3aoX9iX
    Still over $20.

12-09-2013 10:07 AM
    Still over $20.

Because the manufacturer of that case is one of the most well-respected in the accessories industry when it comes to cases and screen protector. Not to mention the fact its products are designed and made in Japan

12-09-2013 11:33 AM
    I'll pay more for a good case. It's cheaper than replacing the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    bryantest likes this.
    12-09-2013 11:36 AM
    I'll pay more for a good case. It's cheaper than replacing the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app
    I have a couple good cases for less than $20.

12-09-2013 12:12 PM
    I tried the Diztronic but didn't like the edges around the screen or the clear frost color so got the Anker Minimalistic and absolutely love it. It's close to no case but does provide some protection and the same amount of grip as the phone itself.
    12-09-2013 02:17 PM
    Anybody find a leather slipcase, ala Beyza or Sena (not for the Moto X yet)? You know the ones where you have to slip the phone out every time you use it. That way it's always bare in your hand but doesn't get scratched in your pocket (front or back). I'd like to be able to see the cool back color and stuff, not cover it with cheapo plastic.
    12-09-2013 04:04 PM
    I tried the Diztronic but didn't like the edges around the screen or the clear frost color so got the Anker Minimalistic and absolutely love it. It's close to no case but does provide some protection and the same amount of grip as the phone itself.
    It doesn't look like that one covers the corners of the phone - at least on the front. I think that's the most important place to be protected for keeping the screen intact in a drop.
    12-09-2013 04:11 PM
    Is the bear motion case Sandy case similar? Added the bear motion to my wishlist.

12-09-2013 04:19 PM
    I got a Fosman TPU case today. Sides are clear, back is frosted. It fits very snugly, and very well. Cutout placements are dead-on. Thin and good looking. I don't remember the price, but is was less than $10 with shipping from Amazon. I also received a black rubber front, white plastic-rear bumper case from Amazon. I like that one too, I think it was like $7, maybe another $6 or so to ship. Shipping is high, but I like the bumper, and the cost was low.

I feel like the TPU case offers better scratch protection, and better protection for the camera, but the bumper case probably offers better protection for drops, especially corner hits.

Great, cheap cases abound on eBay. I don't understand why people buy expensive cases, but to each there own.
    12-09-2013 05:49 PM
    I got a Fosman TPU case today. Sides are clear, back is frosted. It fits very snugly, and very well. Cutout placements are dead-on. Thin and good looking. I don't remember the price, but is was less than $10 with shipping from Amazon. I also received a black rubber front, white plastic-rear bumper case from Amazon. I like that one too, I think it was like $7, maybe another $6 or so to ship. Shipping is high, but I like the bumper, and the cost was low.

I feel like the TPU case offers better scratch protection, and better protection for the camera, but the bumper case probably offers better protection for drops, especially corner hits.

Great, cheap cases abound on eBay. I don't understand why people buy expensive cases, but to each there own.
    Same here I don't buy any case over $12-15 unless it's a otterbox. I'm thinking of throwing down the cash for the otterbox commuter.

12-09-2013 05:58 PM
    Is the bear motion case Sandy case similar? Added the bear motion to my wishlist.

The Anker and Bear Motion are identical cases. There is another by Areser that doesn't have the logo on the back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-09-2013 08:25 PM
    The only cases I have ever felt truly took away from the overall experience of any device are the otter boxes. If you aren't in construction, fireman, policeman or something similar, they make phone more difficult to use.

dmark44 and nyry like this.
    12-09-2013 08:36 PM
    I got the ballistic sg maxx and the lighter ballistic case. Cant remember the name of it right now. I had the ballistic SG maxx on my GS3 and I really liked it. The phone is still like new after 18 months of use. Now if I could just get my cyber monday moto x de (vzw) to show up in my mailbox...sigh...
    12-09-2013 09:19 PM
    The only cases I have ever felt truly took away from the overall experience of any device are the otter boxes. If you aren't in construction, fireman, policeman or something similar, they make phone more difficult to use.

Not for me, used a otterbox for my RAZR M. Made my phone invincible.

12-09-2013 09:35 PM

I agree. I find it hard to type in my wife's 4s with her Otterbox. She's had a Defender and a Commuter and my daughter has a Defender for her iPod Touch. All off them are well protected but those cases look terrible before long. The rubber part stretches and sags. Especially over the home button the iPod. The port covers tear, and the hard plastic develops cracks especially near the charge port.

That said I might get one for the X for the sole purpose of using on my bike mount. I don't care if it stays perfect for that use case. The price is cheaper than they used to be, but I'll be looking at alternatives too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 09:40 PM
    I agree. I find it hard to type in my wife's 4s with her Otterbox. She's had a Defender and a Commuter and my daughter has a Defender for her iPod Touch. All off them are well protected but those cases look terrible before long. The rubber part stretches and sags. Especially over the home button the iPod. The port covers tear, and the hard plastic develops cracks especially near the charge port.

That said I might get one for the X for the sole purpose of using on my bike mount. I don't care if it stays perfect for that use case. The price is cheaper than they used to be, but I'll be looking at alternatives too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    They only wear if you are tough on them. Same with anything else, had my otter for 2+ months still looks new.

12-09-2013 10:36 PM
    I had the ballistic case on my GS3 with port covers for about a year and no issues. They kind of stretch out and dont always stay put inside the ports, but never tore or even thought about tearing. I swear by ballistic cases over otterbox any day. Better case for 1/2 of the price...just sayin...
    12-09-2013 10:39 PM
397 12345 ...