06-05-2014 12:17 AM
397 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Does this case indeed have a dimple on the back of it? The pictures make it look that way but I just wanted to double check. Also, are the power/volume buttons exposed or covered by the case? Thanks!

Sent from my Moto X on Republic Wireless
    The case does have a dimple and the buttons are covered by the case.
    01-04-2014 12:02 PM
    Oh ok, thanks. I've been searching and searching for a case that provides some measure of grip, has a dimple (or cutout) and the volume/power buttons exposed. I haven't been able to find anything really...I can't believe there isn't a case that meets those requirements. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas for a case that has all of those features?
    01-04-2014 02:43 PM
    The Bear Motion case is grippy and, to me at least, feels better than with no case. It is pretty thin but adds enough protection for me and keeps the sleek look of the phone. Feels really great in the hand.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-04-2014 04:16 PM
    The Bear Motion case is grippy and, to me at least, feels better than with no case.
    The Bear Motion doesn't have a cutout for the dimple.

I haven't been able to find anything really...I can't believe there isn't a case that meets those requirements.
    Personally, I don't think the Air Jacket Case (different from the Air Jacket Grip) is that slick, though others may disagree. It's not as slick as the smooth backs. It has all the other requirements you're looking for.
    01-04-2014 04:41 PM
    From personally owning it, yes it has a dimple and it still feels good. My friend has even commented on how good the dimple feels with the case on.
    01-04-2014 05:04 PM
    Why is the dimple a necessity?

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    01-04-2014 05:06 PM
    Why is the dimple a necessity?

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app
    It allows a better balence while holding the phone and it feels so good.
    01-04-2014 05:17 PM
    Yes there is a dimple on the back. It was one of the things I also looked for.

buttons are covered by case.
    01-04-2014 05:19 PM
    Cimo Motorola Moto X S-Line Case Flexible TPU Cover - Black, From Amazon for 6 bucks plus shipping. Fits and looks great.
    Best Moto X Cases-img_2361.jpg
    dmark44, radgatt, weksa and 1 others like this.
    01-04-2014 09:31 PM
    It allows a better balence while holding the phone and it feels so good.
    Gotcha. I got my case the same day as the phone and have become used to it. When I take it off and try to use the dimple, it feels odd. But that is just me. Good to know they have cases with cutouts for the dimple for those who use it.
    01-04-2014 09:43 PM
    The Bear Motion doesn't have a cutout for the dimple.

Personally, I don't think the Air Jacket Case (different from the Air Jacket Grip) is that slick, though others may disagree. It's not as slick as the smooth backs. It has all the other requirement's you're looking for.
    Thanks for the suggestion! Do you or anyone else know how the air jacket case compares to the incase snap case (not the pro shell)? Both look relatively similar with cutouts for the dimple and power/volume?

Sent from my Moto X on Republic Wireless
    01-04-2014 11:54 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion! Do you or anyone else know how the air jacket case compares to the incase snap case (not the pro shell)? Both look relatively similar with cutouts for the dimple and power/volume?
    I don't have any experience with the Incase Snap Case. All I know about it is what I've read in various forums. I opted for the Power Support Air Jacket Case because of the advertised self-healing coating (and a demo video I saw of the feature on an iPhone Air Jacket Case) and because I read on XDA that the Air Jacket Case is slimmer than the Snap Case. I remember also reading somewhere about some problems with the Incase at launch, but I can't find the link right now.
    skippy126 likes this.
    01-05-2014 12:22 AM
    Here is a pic of my Bear Motion case if anyone is interested.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Best Moto X Cases-1388905206962.jpg  
    radgatt and A895 like this.
    01-05-2014 02:09 AM
    Just received my Bear Motion case last night. It was exactly what I was looking for. Minimal case with enough coverage to protect the back and sides. I know it won't do too much in a bad drop, but that's the trade off for keeping the phone small.
    01-05-2014 10:42 AM
    I like the Bear Motion-type case as well. However, I hate the branding. They are all the same (Bear, Anker, etc). I got the same case and cheaper with no branding in diff colors:

Slim Quicksand Matte Frosted Bumper Case Cover for Motorola Moto x Phone XT1055 | eBay
    01-06-2014 05:12 AM
    I like the Bear Motion-type case as well. However, I hate the branding. They are all the same (Bear, Anker, etc). I got the same case and cheaper with no branding in diff colors:

Slim Quicksand Matte Frosted Bumper Case Cover for Motorola Moto x Phone XT1055 | eBay
    Yep, that's the same case i bought as well. I went with the grey sand, looks great on my navy back/white front. Shipping didn't take that long considering it canes from overseas. A week or so. Going to grab a few other colors since they are so cheap. I prefer to go case-less, but when i do use one i like the sand one over my air jacket.

Sent from my Moto X
    01-06-2014 07:02 AM

Great find and thanks for sharing this link. I like the Bear Motion but I agree about the cheesy branding. With the case you posted, my X will have no visible printed text on the front or back.
    01-06-2014 12:23 PM
    Just got the Cruzerlite experience case from Shopandroid.com. Got the clear one when it was on sale. I like it better than the diztronic frosted clear tpu case that I have for it. It is slimmer, the buttons are cut out and you can see the yellow much better with it than the diztronic. I have always liked cruzerlite cases, ever since my evo 4g lte. And their prices are pretty darn cheap. I have two different ones for my N5 as well.
    01-06-2014 09:29 PM
    Cimo Motorola Moto X S-Line Case Flexible TPU Cover - Black, From Amazon for 6 bucks plus shipping. Fits and looks great.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2361.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	473.8 KB 
ID:	99745
    That's my phone! No it's yours! Here is DW's Phone in blue with blue wallpaper. Chris

Sent from my A200 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Best Moto X Cases-1389102269991.jpg   Best Moto X Cases-1389102981003.jpg  
    JayMysteri0 and radgatt like this.
    01-07-2014 11:01 AM
    Just got the Cruzerlite experience case from Shopandroid.com. Got the clear one when it was on sale. I like it better than the diztronic frosted clear tpu case that I have for it. It is slimmer, the buttons are cut out and you can see the yellow much better with it than the diztronic. I have always liked cruzerlite cases, ever since my evo 4g lte. And their prices are pretty darn cheap. I have two different ones for my N5 as well.
    Bought the same case (Cruzerlite) from Shopandroid when it was the deal of the day last week. I have not used cases in the past at all, but decided to this time around. I'm really happy with my choice, plus the price was right!
    djkleric likes this.
    01-07-2014 11:59 AM
    That's my phone! No it's yours! Here is DW's Phone in blue with blue wallpaper. Chris

Is that a blue case or clear? I'm wondering if you can read the engraving thru the frosted part.
    01-07-2014 12:06 PM
    i got my moto x through republic wireless, which meant a choice of black or white. so to bring some color into it, and simply wanting some minimal protection, i bought a bunch of these, all in different colors. who needs motomaker. fits my phone well, no issues, looks good, and i know it won't survive too much of a hit. but for the price, i can switch things up as a please.

New for Motorola Moto x Colorful Rubberized Snap on Case Cover Shell Ultra Thin | eBay
    grooks likes this.
    01-07-2014 12:42 PM
    01-07-2014 12:46 PM
    Is that a blue case or clear? I'm wondering if you can read the engraving thru the frosted part.
    Blue Cimo and no name is not readable.

01-07-2014 01:00 PM
    I have one but it was purchased under a different name (Areser). Compared against my Incipio Feather, Incipio Feather Shine and Bear Motion/Anker/Iwotou Quicksand cases, the Yesoo is probably my least favorite.

The Yesoo is smoother and less grippy than the Incipio Feather and Anker Quicksand cases. Because the Yesoo is semi-opaque, if there are imperfections in the case they will stand out. My case has a two spots that look like the case is either thinner in those spots or there is water trapped between the case and phone (which is not the situation). I originally purchased it because of the price and slim profile but have only used the case maybe 3 times in the 4 months I've owned the phone.
    ttfn92 likes this.
    01-07-2014 01:30 PM
397 ... 678910 ...