Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'll pay more for a good case. It's cheaper than replacing the phone

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app

SuperJETT

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I tried the Diztronic but didn't like the edges around the screen or the clear frost color so got the Anker Minimalistic and absolutely love it. It's close to no case but does provide some protection and the same amount of grip as the phone itself.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Anybody find a leather slipcase, ala Beyza or Sena (not for the Moto X yet)? You know the ones where you have to slip the phone out every time you use it. That way it's always bare in your hand but doesn't get scratched in your pocket (front or back). I'd like to be able to see the cool back color and stuff, not cover it with cheapo plastic.

ScottMGS

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I tried the Diztronic but didn't like the edges around the screen or the clear frost color so got the Anker Minimalistic and absolutely love it. It's close to no case but does provide some protection and the same amount of grip as the phone itself.

It doesn't look like that one covers the corners of the phone - at least on the front. I think that's the most important place to be protected for keeping the screen intact in a drop.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

Is the bear motion case Sandy case similar? Added the bear motion to my wishlist.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

vespadaddy

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I got a Fosman TPU case today. Sides are clear, back is frosted. It fits very snugly, and very well. Cutout placements are dead-on. Thin and good looking. I don't remember the price, but is was less than $10 with shipping from Amazon. I also received a black rubber front, white plastic-rear bumper case from Amazon. I like that one too, I think it was like $7, maybe another $6 or so to ship. Shipping is high, but I like the bumper, and the cost was low.

I feel like the TPU case offers better scratch protection, and better protection for the camera, but the bumper case probably offers better protection for drops, especially corner hits.

Great, cheap cases abound on eBay. I don't understand why people buy expensive cases, but to each there own.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I got a Fosman TPU case today. Sides are clear, back is frosted. It fits very snugly, and very well. Cutout placements are dead-on. Thin and good looking. I don't remember the price, but is was less than $10 with shipping from Amazon. I also received a black rubber front, white plastic-rear bumper case from Amazon. I like that one too, I think it was like $7, maybe another $6 or so to ship. Shipping is high, but I like the bumper, and the cost was low.

I feel like the TPU case offers better scratch protection, and better protection for the camera, but the bumper case probably offers better protection for drops, especially corner hits.

Great, cheap cases abound on eBay. I don't understand why people buy expensive cases, but to each there own.

Same here I don't buy any case over $12-15 unless it's a otterbox. I'm thinking of throwing down the cash for the otterbox commuter.

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Is the bear motion case Sandy case similar? Added the bear motion to my wishlist.

The Anker and Bear Motion are identical cases. There is another by Areser that doesn't have the logo on the back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
The only cases I have ever felt truly took away from the overall experience of any device are the otter boxes. If you aren't in construction, fireman, policeman or something similar, they make phone more difficult to use.

Posted via Android Central App

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I got the ballistic sg maxx and the lighter ballistic case. Cant remember the name of it right now. I had the ballistic SG maxx on my GS3 and I really liked it. The phone is still like new after 18 months of use. Now if I could just get my cyber monday moto x de (vzw) to show up in my mailbox...sigh...

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The only cases I have ever felt truly took away from the overall experience of any device are the otter boxes. If you aren't in construction, fireman, policeman or something similar, they make phone more difficult to use.

Not for me, used a otterbox for my RAZR M. Made my phone invincible.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

I agree. I find it hard to type in my wife's 4s with her Otterbox. She's had a Defender and a Commuter and my daughter has a Defender for her iPod Touch. All off them are well protected but those cases look terrible before long. The rubber part stretches and sags. Especially over the home button the iPod. The port covers tear, and the hard plastic develops cracks especially near the charge port.

That said I might get one for the X for the sole purpose of using on my bike mount. I don't care if it stays perfect for that use case. The price is cheaper than they used to be, but I'll be looking at alternatives too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I agree. I find it hard to type in my wife's 4s with her Otterbox. She's had a Defender and a Commuter and my daughter has a Defender for her iPod Touch. All off them are well protected but those cases look terrible before long. The rubber part stretches and sags. Especially over the home button the iPod. The port covers tear, and the hard plastic develops cracks especially near the charge port.

That said I might get one for the X for the sole purpose of using on my bike mount. I don't care if it stays perfect for that use case. The price is cheaper than they used to be, but I'll be looking at alternatives too.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

They only wear if you are tough on them. Same with anything else, had my otter for 2+ months still looks new.

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I had the ballistic case on my GS3 with port covers for about a year and no issues. They kind of stretch out and dont always stay put inside the ports, but never tore or even thought about tearing. I swear by ballistic cases over otterbox any day. Better case for 1/2 of the price...just sayin...

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
The Anker and Bear Motion are identical cases. There is another by Areser that doesn't have the logo on the back.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I think the Areser is what I ordered. Got it on eBay and it didn't have the logo. Identical to the bear motion and anker tho.

Sent from my Rezound using AC Forums mobile app

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My Supcase just came today. Seems like a very nice case. I got it in blue with the clear back and it looks nice the DE Moto X. It maintains the nice curved back and that Moto dimple on the back. Overall the phone still feels great in the hand. I would prefer the look of the phone naked, but this gives a little more grip and provides protection at some level. It's not an otterbox, but it isn't nearly as bulky as one either.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My Supcase just came today. Seems like a very nice case. I got it in blue with the clear back and it looks nice the DE Moto X. It maintains the nice curved back and that Moto dimple on the back. Overall the phone still feels great in the hand. I would prefer the look of the phone naked, but this gives a little more grip and provides protection at some level. It's not an otterbox, but it isn't nearly as bulky as one either.

Pics?

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I just got a Speck Candyshell and I like it. It's not too bulky. The only downside is that the plastic will probably get scratched earlier but that's better than the phone getting scratched up.

Sent from my XT1058 using AC Forums mobile app