Best Moto X Cases

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I've got the Seidio Dilex (aka Active) case and holster. I'd prefer not to have a kickstand, though it doesn't really interfere with anything. Aside from that, my only complaint is that it doesn't cover the ports on the phone. My experience with the Otterbox Defender on my Galaxy Nexus lowered my opinion of their product quality to the point where I switched to Seidio and will probably never buy another Otterbox product. Though I will say that Otterbox customer service was great - they replaced my case/holster 5-6 times in about 14 months, even once beyond the warranty period, no questions asked.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Dropped my Moto X today due to a hole in my jacket pocket onto hard tile. It had the Anker case, and although I'm not sure it helped, the phone is fine. To me, the Anker case is the best feeling case out there.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
What on earth was wrong that required that many replacements?

The two halves of the hard inner shell are held together by a slot/tab mechanism - one side of the slot broke. The belt clip snapped off the back of the holster. The retaining clip where the top of the phone snapped into the holster broke. Some of these things happened more than once.

I'll admit that this was a big departure from my prior experience with Otterbox. Things started off on the wrong foot with the Defender on the Galaxy Nexus because the Defender was designed for the Verizon variant of the phone, which is a little thicker than the GSM variant. With the case not snugly fitting the phone, the built in screen protector was not always in contact with the screen - making it difficult to interact with the edges of the display because the screen protector was held away from the display by the hard inner shell. I'm sure the curved display didn't help the situation either. I blame Samsung/Google for having two different form factors for the "same" device, but Otterbox gets the blame for designing a case for only one form factor, and not even being aware of multiple form factors until I told them about it almost 8-10 months after the devices were released.

Also, Otterbox's attempt to make the belt clip also serve as a kickstand resulted in repeated instances of my phone catching on something and pulling away from my body, leaving the belt clip in kickstand mode - ready to fall off the belt at any time.

Floyd DeVille

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I can tell all you folks to NOT buy the "Casemate" brand from Radio Shack. The darn thing was so slippery (though shiny, sleek and cool looking) everytime I grabbed my phone outta my pocket it went flying... This happened no less than five times before I wised up. I neglected to mention that because of the multiple drops, the case cracked along the top and bottom edges... Creating very sharp corners. The kind that like to snag inside your pockets and make it difficult to get your phone out. The kind that like to cut your finger when you're trying to answer a call. Don't be fooled! It's about 16.00 bucks and it will cast a spell at first glance. So shiny... With that cool waffle pattern... Sleek and smooth... just like the MX. --- IT IS EVIL INCARNATE. Thank you. Goodnight.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Anybody using the Trident Aegis case? Are there any holsters that work with this case (maybe the Seidio Dilex holster)? I know Trident makes the Kraken case that includes their version of a holster, but it doesn't do anything to protect the screen.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Got a hybrid case with kickstand. A kinda generic one, but it's not bad and adds decent protection.

Posted Via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App

captainkirkw

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I wanted a little extra protection but also keep the thin and light feel of the Moto X so I got the Bear Motion Premium Slim back cover. Both the phone and cover arrived yesterday but so far I like the feel of it and it should be fine since this will be a second phone that I will use when I want something smaller than my Note 2.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I got the Anker case on Amazon for like $6. I love it for the slimness and the texture. It's very grippy. I do wish there was a cut out for the dimple though.:-\

IMG_0024.jpg
IMG_0025.jpg

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I received the Blue Air Jacket Grip Case for Christmas. I am disappointed by it. The polycarbonate back wraps over half of the rubbery material. So there is hardly any grip to actually make contact with. Probably should've just gotten the clear air jacket.

I'm sticking with the clear S-line Case for regular use (love the look and feel, just wish the frosted section was smaller to reveal more of the backplate color.)

Sent from my Moto X

Adam Tentis

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Looking to see if someone has a clear case suggestion for me...

My sister has the official moto one and it makes the phone extremely slipper and covers a couple of the speaker holes.
My girlfriend has an ebay one that does not have these issues but it is too foggy and the buttons are too hard to press.

Does anyone have a clear case they really like that doesnt have these flaws?

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Looking to see if someone has a clear case suggestion for me...

My sister has the official moto one and it makes the phone extremely slipper and covers a couple of the speaker holes.
My girlfriend has an ebay one that does not have these issues but it is too foggy and the buttons are too hard to press.

Does anyone have a clear case they really like that doesnt have these flaws?

I have the official one and I absolutely love it. Makes the phone look like it's made out of glass and you can see perfectly through for your custom colors. It is slippery but I guess that's what you get for looks. Also it covers like two tiny speaker holes and I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference.

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the official one and I absolutely love it. Makes the phone look like it's made out of glass and you can see perfectly through for your custom colors. It is slippery but I guess that's what you get for looks. Also it covers like two tiny speaker holes and I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference.

Which "official" clear case are you guys talking about? The Incase Snap Case or Power Support Air Jacket Case (not Air Jacket Grip)?

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I got this one...
Nexus 5 Leather Sleeve / Cover CONCRETE Organic by filzstueck
You have to ask her to make you one for MotoX (they are all made to order).
There are soooo many choices if you search for iPhone Leather Sleeve. Just find the one you like and vast majority will make you a custom one for the same price.

I think I like that better then the dodo case. I would like to get one in black though with black stiching. I may shoot them an email and see what they got.

Does it seem like to you that your comfortable that it would protect it from a drop on hardwood floor/concrete?

This is what I had for my iphone and and I loved it. I wish I could get one for the Moto X. Had lots of padding for protection.

iPhone Smart Case - iPhone 5 Case - iPhone 5s Case, iPhone 5c Case - WaterField Designs - SFBags

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I wanted a little extra protection but also keep the thin and light feel of the Moto X so I got the Bear Motion Premium Slim back cover. Both the phone and cover arrived yesterday but so far I like the feel of it and it should be fine since this will be a second phone that I will use when I want something smaller than my Note 2.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

Count me in as another vote for the Bear Motion. Then Anker case posted by svenEDGE looks identical aside from branding.

These cases are the equivalent of the popular "Rock Quicksand" cases for the S3. I loved that style of case when I had an S3 and I feel this style works even better with the curved profile of the Moto X.

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Count me in as another vote for the Bear Motion. Then Anker case posted by svenEDGE looks identical aside from branding.

These cases are the equivalent of the popular "Rock Quicksand" cases for the S3. I loved that style of case when I had an S3 and I feel this style works even better with the curved profile of the Moto X.

I also have and like the Bear Motion. Nice feel. Only thing I notice is that there is not a lot of area to press the power button (the case kind of crowds that area), even though you don't need it that much, but when you do, it takes a bit more effort.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
I also have and like the Bear Motion. Nice feel. Only thing I notice is that there is not a lot of area to press the power button (the case kind of crowds that area), even though you don't need it that much, but when you do, it takes a bit more effort.

I noticed the same issue with the power button too. I wonder if the Anker has a better button cutout.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know of a TPU case with the power and volume buttons actually cut out? Finding it hard to move the volume buttons on my current case.

First let me say best buy is the worst retailer on earth. That said, they are the only place I have found a completely clear tpu case with cutouts for all buttons, allowing easy access and viewing of custom accents. No logos or any other fancy crap to cover up the customization make it greater. Unfortunately, it's $25.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...o%2Bx%2Bcase%26cp%3D1%26lp%3D3&token=bnmEO1eS

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I just got home from spending the holidays with my family and got my hands on my Air Jacket Case which was delivered on the 23rd. Normally, I hate cases, but I wanted a clear one for a bit of protection for my Moto Maker phone. This case is fantastic! It's not bulky at all, which is why I hate almost all other cases. If this proves to be as scratch-resistant/self-healing as I've seen in a video for the iPhone version, I'll be very happy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv