Best Moto X Cases

asianguy80

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I've been using the Cruzerlite Experience case but it's exhibiting the same problem I've had with prior cases by Cruzerlite like redeyss. Dust gets under the edges and then when I take it in and out of the pocket it starts to scratch up the sides of the phone. I have a white/blue X and it's pretty noticeable and annoying to me. My only other gripe is that it takes some stretching to get the case on and off but it does a good job on the front side with the lip that it has so it protects the screen when face down.

I've ordered a Griffin Reveal and hopefully that will be better in regards to dust getting into the sides since there are fewer open spots on the case.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
My biggest problem is that I want a waterproof case really bad. But there is none readily available to buy :'(

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I hope this isn't a re-post. I searched the thread first. Incipio is releasing a waterproof case for the moto x similar to lifeproof. I can't wait to check this out.

Incipio® Announces Extensive ATLAS™ Ultra Protective Waterproof Case Offering with ATLAS® for Latest Motorola and Amazon Kindle Devices

I'll believe it when they actually hit store's. That would be the same Incipio that announced a battery case in August and never delivered.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(4931742)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I picked up "Hyperion TPU" off Amazon for about $6. Pretty cheap case that came with a screen protector which is cheap as well :O It does make the buttons a little harder to operate but I don't use the unlock button very often with the X.

I like the way the shape of the X hides the bulk of the phone even with a cheap-O case!

I too got the Black Hyperion TPU case for my Moto x (Royal Blue). The case is of real good quality. It has nice matte finish at the back and good grip as well. The free screen protector is of decent quality too.

But, the black colour case does not go well with the Blue Moto X. In my case, with the cover on, entire phone is black and the dimple shows Royal Blue which is kind of ugly.

Now, I am using my Cimo Blue case which is a perfect fit. The colour of the case matches it nicely. 10/10.

Dswann3

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the Hyperion tpu case but found that dust particles would get inside and scratch up the piano black front and side edges. In now using the bear motion quicksand case, which has become my daily driver. I also have the seidio surface hard case but prefer the quicksand case.

Sent from my XT1053 using AC Forums mobile app

I think that will happen with any TPU case. Taking the phone in and out of your pocket is going to force some particles under the case edges over time and that's what happens. Not sure how you get around that with any tight fitting case.

asianguy80

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think that will happen with any TPU case. Taking the phone in and out of your pocket is going to force some particles under the case edges over time and that's what happens. Not sure how you get around that with any tight fitting case.

That's true. I never noticed this issue until I saw my wife's N4 have it with her Cruzerlite cases. They left small marks all over the metal trim. I just never thought it was going to be that noticeable on the Moto X but I can live with it.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
We need more premium cases for the Moto X dammit!

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'd go with the Seidio case and holster combo. I have it and the Otterbox Defender and though it's easier to insert and remove it seems more secure and less apt to come out on its own.

I agree. In the course of 1 year the retaining clip on my Otterbox (Galaxy Nexus) broke 3 times - leading to as many drops from 6-8'. My only disappointment with the Seidio holster is that it doesn't have a lock on the spring clip that they used to have on holsters for older devices. I can't see how this improves the quality or usability of the holster, so I assume it was removed for economic reasons.

Sent from my Moto X using TapaTalk

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Realize this MIGHT be a tad expensive but I'm liking this belt case. http://tuff-as-nuts.com/Motorola-Moto-X-Belt-Case.aspx

I had one of these for my Note 3 and it was excellent quality and build. Real leather. Company is based in New Zealand. I might try and see if my old one will be compatible size wise with the Moto X. If not I'll buy another one. I know size wise there is a difference but depending on the fit I may just use the one I have

Sixiron

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
I wanted a case that could take a fall, and enough grip that it wouldn't easily fall out of a shirt pocket. The abuse resistance I needed for a teen daughter that has broken every device shes been given. I ordered 1 Trident Cyclops to try out and see if the wife and daughter liked it. Both approved, and I believe this thing can take a drop from any reasonable height and survive after it stops bouncing. A big plus was it doesn't massively bulk up the phone like the Otterbox's tend to do. Very happy with it after I ripped out the built in screen protectors.

Amazon.com: Trident Case CY-MOT-X-BK Cyclops Series Case for Motorola X - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

tex0322

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm really happy with the Otterbox commuter case I bought. It didn't make it as bulky as I thought it would. Seems pretty solid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae