Best Moto X Cases

belle7478

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Is the Supcase the only one that has an actual dimple (vs. a cutout over the phone's dimple)?
Also, opinions seemed mixed on whether this retains or reduces the phone's curves. Appreciate any more thoughts.
My phone is royal blue/black front, but with all of the comments about the clear back dimming the color, seems like I may be better off getting all black vs. clear/black?

Last edited:

anon(4931742)

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Is the Supcase the only one that has an actual dimple (vs. a cutout over the phone's dimple)?
Also, opinions seemed mixed on whether this retains or reduces the phone's curves. Appreciate any more thoughts.
My phone is royal blue/black front, but with all of the comments about the clear back dimming the color, seems like I may be better off getting all black vs. clear/black?

I too have Royal Blue + Black colored Moto X. With the same confusion, I ordered for two cases 1) All Black (Hyperion) and 2) Transcluent Blue (Cimo). Both cases had cut-outs for dimples. Both cases are of good quality but there are differences in their looks.

The Transcluent Blue TPU case one from Cimo suits it perfectly. Though, it is not 100% transparant, it retains the phone's back color really. But, you will not be able to see your inscribed message and it has no cut-outs for buttons.

The other Hyperion All Black case does not look well with the Royal Blue Black through the dimple cut-out. So, if you are going to buy All Black One, buy one without any cut-outs so that the phone looks uniform black.

I personally liked the Transparant/Transcluent cases which retains your phone's back color.

cimo blue case.jpg
cimo blue case 2.jpg
cimo blue case front.jpg

Last edited:

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I thought I posted to this thread but guess it was another thread about cases.
I got my Moto X before Moto Maker was available for VZW.
Anyhoo. I got both the Cruzerlite(blue) TPU case and Diztronic matte black TPU case .So far either cases has worked for me.
I use them both,kinda favor the Diztronic just cause it doesnt have the power button or volume button cut out,since it keeps very fine lint out. I wanted to keep the phone thin(pocketable) and holsters aren't my style

belle7478

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I too have Royal Blue + Black colored Moto X. With the same confusion, I ordered for two cases 1) All Black (Hyperion) and 2) Transcluent Blue (Cimo). Both cases had cut-outs for dimples. Both cases are of good quality but there are differences in their looks.
]

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond with pictures. I will probably order multiple, also, esp. since it is my 1st smartphone, so don't know my preferences and tendencies (i.e. dropping!), For that reason, I feel I should get one sturdier case, like the Supcase, and I'll probably do all black, Then, I'll try a blue Cimo like yours or Hyperion - just wondering if it is enough protection for a klutz! Someone on Amazon said the Hyperion matches the Royal Blue phone. From the pictures there, the Cimo looked too light, so your pictures were very helpful. Decisions, decisions.. Would be easier if I could find them in person, but at least they are relatively inexpensive.

dschrauben

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site

Amazon.com: Buying Choices: Superior Rubberized Industrial Grade Hard Plastic Shell Holster Combo with Kickstand for Motorola Moto X - Black - Bulk Packaged

The link above shows a case that is NOT the Pure Gear case. But I ordered it and can attest that it is very similar (the pattern on the case is the only difference that I can tell) and the pricing on Amazon is hard to beat. It is a quality product for those looking for a holstered case.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I got my Incipio Watson!! Pics coming next!

Sent from my XT907 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1392856353329.jpg
    1392856353329.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 111

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Here they are!

Attachments

• 1392856460243.jpg
    1392856460243.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 1392856481550.jpg
    1392856481550.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 111
  • 1392856492179.jpg
    1392856492179.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 111
  • 1392856513818.jpg
    1392856513818.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 110
  • 1392856538651.jpg
    1392856538651.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 111

gingersnapgirl

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Here they are!

How do you like it? I'm thinking about picking up the purple one for my Moto X. I have the Incipio DualPro case in purple, but would like to have something with card slots. I do wish there were a darker purple one though.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
How do you like it? I'm thinking about picking up the purple one for my Moto X. I have the Incipio DualPro case in purple, but would like to have something with card slots. I do wish there were a darker purple one though.

I like it. Makes the device feel more premium. Because it has two parts to it, it added a little thickness to it. Overall I really like it and would definitely recommend it to anyone with a Moto X looking for a wallet/flip case.

Posted via Android Central App

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Anybody have a good suggestion for a clear case? I have an ebony Moto X and it seems like most of the clear cases I see on amazon are a little "frosty" and don't allow you to see the design very well. I'd like the case to be thin and under $15.

FSRBIKER

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy sells a clear TPU case that a few people have bought on sale for under $15.

Anybody have a good suggestion for a clear case? I have an ebony Moto X and it seems like most of the clear cases I see on amazon are a little "frosty" and don't allow you to see the design very well. I'd like the case to be thin and under $15.

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Just gotta say that I'm impressed with the self-healing aspect of my Air Jacket Case. Earlier, my phone got stuck between the seat and the console while I was riding in my sister's car. When I pulled it out, there was a small scuff on the back of the case. I thought it'd be too deep to go away on its own. Thirty minutes later, there's no sign it was ever there.

If I had known this would have happened, I would have taken pics of the before and after for you all to see. This case really is nice.
How is the case holding up for you? Are you still impressed with it?

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Body Glove Tactic available on Amazon!

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1393162164329.jpg
    1393162164329.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 96

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site

Clear Shell with TPU Edge for Moto X - Verizon Wireless

Verizon has this case. It's $20 there but if you have a discount on accessories then it will be closer to the price that you're asking to be within.

slackermvp

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have the black frost Incase Snap case? Is it slippery like almost all clear cases? Or doors it have some grip? Also, how transparent is it? I plan on putting a red carbon fiber dbrand skin on the back of my X and then getting that case.

skippy126

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have the black frost Incase Snap case? Is it slippery like almost all clear cases? Or doors it have some grip? Also, how transparent is it? I plan on putting a red carbon fiber dbrand skin on the back of my X and then getting that case.

I'd be interested as well...I've been debating on getting that case for awhile

Sent from my Moto X on Republic Wireless