Best Moto X Cases

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Anybody have a good suggestion for a clear case? I have an ebony Moto X and it seems like most of the clear cases I see on amazon are a little "frosty" and don't allow you to see the design very well. I'd like the case to be thin and under $15.

Rocketdog TPU case from Best Buy.

Posted via Android Central App

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I really like the Seidio Surface (with kickstand) but just not sure how much impact absorption there would be if I dropped it on a corner. Just thin rubberized plastic with a thin layer of felt against the back to prevent scratches when sliding it on/off, but nothing on the corners. I'd feel more confident if there was a little soft rubber or something on the corners, to give some shock absorption without resorting to a bulkier case.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I really like the Seidio Surface (with kickstand) but just not sure how much impact absorption there would be if I dropped it on a corner. Just thin rubberized plastic with a thin layer of felt against the back to prevent scratches when sliding it on/off, but nothing on the corners. I'd feel more confident if there was a little soft rubber or something on the corners, to give some shock absorption without resorting to a bulkier case.

Can you post pics of the Seido Surface?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I picked up a cheapie, but I'm reasonably happy with it.

Amazon.com: Diztronic High Gloss Clear (Frosted Matte Inside) Flexible TPU Case for Moto X / Motorola X Phone (2013) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

I'd prefer a clearer case, but the frosted white allows the pattern of my phone to show through a little, and a sticker on the back of my phone is now inside the case and protected, but still reasonably visible. The case fits well, is smooth but not slippery (has a decent grip but not rubbery lint-magnety), and it feels like there's at least a bit of drop protection though certainly nothing like a dual-layer Otterbox - it's a basic TPU case.

For ten bucks, it adds very little bulk and heft, and good protection from scratches and dings, increased grip, and some minimal drop protection.

Originally ordered one with a kickstand and holster, but it was absolute garbage. Didn't fit the phone well, the kickstand was not designed to accommodate the curve on the back of the phone and kept popping out, and I could not get the case into the holster without a lot of force - way too much to want to subject my phone to that every time.

Amazon.com: E-LV Motorola Moto X Dual Layer Armor Shell Holster Case with Kickstand, Belt Swivel Clip, and Stylus - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Just received this one:

Smartphone Suede Jacket Cases - SFBags - WaterField Designs

Fit kind of tight initially, but is a good fit after a couple of days. If you're looking for a simple pouch I would recommend it. Very thin material so no added bulk, but still enough to protect the phone in a bag, pocket, etc. when you don't want to carry completely naked.

Just what I was waiting for
Thanks for the heads up!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

customerg14

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I recommend visiting your local AT&T to try out cases. Several are currently 50% off. Here's what I discovered from the cases I currently have:

Supcase Unicorn Beetle (Amazon.com) - Grippy enough, little bulk added, clear enough back, perfectly placed cutouts, preserves the phones curve, has an integrated dimple, power/volume buttons are stiff....but you rarely need them since the Moto X "breathes", feels like it will protect the phone if dropped, small lip for laying the phone face-down, comes with a screen protector.

Case Mate Naked Tough Case (AT&T) - Clear case, little bulk added, excellent tactile feel of buttons....though they are silver, retains the phone's curve, no dimple, a bit slick in hand, feels like it adds adequate protection for a drop or two, haven't had it long enough to see how it holds up to scratches, small lip for laying the phone face-down

Speck Candyshell (AT&T) - Difficult to put on/get off, will likely protect your phone if dropped, a bit slick in the hand, no dimple, doesn't show customizations, a tad on the bulky side compared to other cases, adequate lip for laying it face down.

Ballistic LS Jewel (AT&T) - Thin TPU case with slightly enlarged corners for added protection.....kinda. Grippy, slim, smoked. Probably limited in the protection it provides in a drop.

Otterbox Commuter (AT&T) - Typical Otterbox Commuter case...will provide better protection against drops and such. Its very slick if you have clammy hands, and adds bulk/width to the phone. No customizations will show much.

Keeping the Supcase & Case Mate....all others are going back.....except the Otterbox.....maybe...I get a little rough from time to time

Last edited:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting the Body Glove Tactic, and the Otterbox Defender.

chase1963

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
I use an Otterbox Defender. I wanted a Commuter but Best Buy was out of them. They definitely slimmed down the Defender's. Protection is top notch. Works great.

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Is there any bumper cases like the Nexus 5 bumper case?

Posted via VZW Moto X on the Android Central App