Unlock US Cellular Moto X To Use On GSM

Jenny Broady

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I bought a US Cellular Moto X off of Ebay. I unlocked the Moto X successfully since I receive the message each time I turn on my phone but no unlock menu popped open.

I have the correct T-Mobile SIM card, I am able to search the internet but I can't make calls, receive calls, and the same for texts. When I call, I receive the welcome to verizon wireless message and the texts do not go through.

Please help. I was told I can do this but I need to download a jellybean/ROM, anyone know how to do it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought a US Cellular Moto X off of Ebay. I unlocked the Moto X successfully since I receive the message each time I turn on my phone but no unlock menu popped open.

I have the correct T-Mobile SIM card, I am able to search the internet but I can't make calls, receive calls, and the same for texts. When I call, I receive the welcome to verizon wireless message and the texts do not go through.

Please help. I was told I can do this but I need to download a jellybean/ROM, anyone know how to do it?

Welcome to the forums.
I have not unlocked a phone before, but perhaps contacting TMo, there may be a setup process they need you to go through.

As farcad ROMs go, the X already has one on it.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

PapaCanna

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
How did you manage to unlock your US Cellular Moto X?! I'm looking to unlock mine, but wasn't sure if getting one of those codes would work!
Good luck with you situation and thanks for posting!
I've been searching high and low!

ambient711

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
So I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think I have some answers.

First, the unlock screen you are talking about when the boots up, is it a lock emblem that shows one side slighty unlocked right when the phone starts? If so that does not mean the phone's radio is unlocked. It means the bootloader is unlocked to install custom roms.

After seeing this I was curious, turns out that US Cellular purchased the "regional CDMA" variant of the Moto X. Basicially its CDMA and LTE only, no GSM, so no TMobile or ATT.

Heres a link to PhoneScoop:
Motorola Moto X (regional CDMA) Specs, Features (Phone Scoop)

Hope this helps

Austin

Edit: Installing a custom ROM has nothing to do with the devices ability to communicate with different cellular networks, especially when missing hardware.