Move apps, home screens, home screen folders and settings from one X to another X?

teslapod

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Essentially I want to replicate my exact set up on my current moto X on a new moto X. Is there an app to save and move all of the existing apps, app settings, home screens, home screen folders, etc from one moto X to another moto X? I'll be selling a 16GB moto X and replacing it with a 32GB moto X and would love to just have my existing set up transferred over. I know there a lot of back-up apps on the play store. Which of these can do what I want, if any?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Essentially I want to replicate my exact set up on my current moto X on a new moto X. Is there an app to save and move all of the existing apps, app settings, home screens, home screen folders, etc from one moto X to another moto X? I'll be selling a 16GB moto X and replacing it with a 32GB moto X and would love to just have my existing set up transferred over. I know there a lot of back-up apps on the play store. Which of these can do what I want, if any?

Thanks

Do you have a different launcher installed, like Nova? If so, you can back up the setup and move the save over to Drive or Dropbox, and then when you switch, you just restore from the saved data.

teslapod

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Good idea! I used to use Nova on earlier phones but so far I've been happy with the default launcher on the moto X. Might be worth playing around with it again. However, this wouldn't transfer app settings, SMS, photos, music etc. I'm not rooted so I guess an app like My Backup Pro would be better?

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Good idea! I used to use Nova on earlier phones but so far I've been happy with the default launcher on the moto X. Might be worth playing around with it again. However, this wouldn't transfer app settings, SMS, photos, music etc. I'm not rooted so I guess an app like My Backup Pro would be better?

Yes you can backup to the cloud with MBP but I don't know about the home screen settings.

Sent from my Hyperdriven Dev Edition Vzw SCH-I545 with KT kernel using Tapatalk 4

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

settings data is backed up at google.. SMS, photos, music etc. can be migrated using motorola migrate which comes with the phone

dont know if helium app works with motorola phone but this app can backup app data without root

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
You could look at G Cloud backup. I don't know about home screen settings because I never restore system when I use it (bad things used to happen in the early Android days when you did that with other apps) but its pretty great for migrating everything else like texts and call logs. I don't backup things like the phone book because when you restore it you end up with double entries since Google already does that when you sign in.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles