12-19-2013 09:54 AM
43 12
tools
    So, in other words, you didn't actually read anything I wrote?
    I don't believe that I quoted you.
    12-07-2013 03:10 PM
    Did anyone do the moto financing? wonder how good your credit has to be?
    I did it. They have me a credit limit of over $3000. You can link your payments to your checking account or pay online for no charge so you don't have to worry about stamps of missing a payment and then dealing with the interest charges.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-07-2013 04:28 PM
    I did it. They have me a credit limit of over $3000. You can link your payments to your checking account or pay online for no charge so you don't have to worry about stamps of missing a payment and then dealing with the interest charges.

where do you sign up though on motorola website?

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    12-07-2013 07:02 PM
    where do you sign up though on motorola website?

Motorola - A Google Company
    DS1331 likes this.
    12-07-2013 07:15 PM
    I want to get the moto x but im a college student with not a lot of money in the bank and no upgrade until May and even then its on my brothers phone number. I want to do the Financing program but have read bad things about Comenity(?) Bank and how terrible they are. Albeit most if not all of these reviews weren't for the moto financing.

Anyone have a negative experience with them so far? I will be able to make every monthly payment but I've read they screw you over with false missed payments etc. Do you know if their payment system is easy? Any help is much appreciated!
    I hope you're talking about getting financing for the $350 deal and not real full price.

12-07-2013 07:36 PM
    I hope you're talking about getting financing for the $350 deal and not real full price.

even so, this phone is worth $500

12-07-2013 07:51 PM
    even so, this phone is worth $500

Of course, but not for financing for a student on a budget when there's currently a deal for $350.

12-07-2013 08:46 PM
    if you can get the deal yes, last time it sold out in minutes

12-07-2013 10:52 PM
    I got a code from someone on a different thread who was nice enough to give an extra one he had away. I wound up borrowing money from a fraternity brother, no interest, no monthly payments, just "pay me back when you have the money."
    But I probably would have used the financing if no one had offered to lend me money.
    Paisley likes this.
    12-08-2013 12:54 AM
    This goes back to NYC_ROCK's point about people needing to make sure that they are disciplined. If that guy really was disciplined, he would have doublechecked each month to make sure that the payments were being made. That is always a problem that people have with autopayments--I know people who have missed mortgage payments because of it--and it's one reason why I don't use them. **** like this always happens with banks. For instance, with some 0% interest financing plans, it's not unheard of for all of a sudden one of the last payment stubs to get "lost" in the mail, leading someone to forget to make the payment and then all of a sudden they owe a ton a money. I've had to do 0% financing before, so I've made sure to always be sure to never miss a payment because of it.

Again: discipline.
    Oh, I agree fully. My point is that by not participating in the system in the first place, you eliminate the potential for problems. People also tend to spend more swiping plastic (credit or debit) than they do spending cash, but that's another topic.

12-11-2013 08:54 AM
    So according to your plan all I have to do is get married and have 2 incomes to by a house

Or you can spend less than you make and save money. Two incomes is a wash with 2 people. If anything, there's less to spend per person. My point is have a plan and be aware that it's always better to buy a house with a down payment than financing the whole thing. It's instant equity and it also lowers risk.

DS1331 likes this.
    12-11-2013 08:56 AM
    Or you can spend less than you make and save money. Two incomes is a wash with 2 people. If anything, there's less to spend per person. My point is have a plan and be aware that it's always better to buy a house with a down payment than financing the whole thing. It's instant equity and it also lowers risk.

It's also something that the wide majority of buyers can't do. Financing exists for a reason. You are an anomaly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    12-16-2013 11:23 PM
    When you use the Moto Maker website on a computer there is an option. I believe in red that gives you an option to finance now.
    12-17-2013 12:10 AM
    It's also something that the wide majority of buyers can't do. Financing exists for a reason. You are an anomaly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To never use credit is an anomaly, but to save for small items, like a phone, rather than use credit is not unusual, and personally, I think it is wise.

I speak as someone who just paid off my mortgage. ;-)

Quite a lot of Americans get trapped by debt, and can never get off the hamster wheel of interest payments.

I do buy phone on contract, because the contract price includes a subsidy for the phone whether I use it or not. I looked into going off-contract for this purchase, but didn't find an option I liked in contract-free plans. Maybe next time.
    12-17-2013 06:48 AM
    To never use credit is an anomaly, but to save for small items, like a phone, rather than use credit is not unusual, and personally, I think it is wise.

I speak as someone who just paid off my mortgage. ;-)

Quite a lot of Americans get trapped by debt, and can never get off the hamster wheel of interest payments.

I do buy phone on contract, because the contract price includes a subsidy for the phone whether I use it or not. I looked into going off-contract for this purchase, but didn't find an option I liked in contract-free plans. Maybe next time.
    I do as well, mostly because my only options are Verizon or AT&T (I travel a ton). I've had a couple of horrible experiences with AT&T in both the cell service and internet departments and I've decided to no longer give them my business. I've essentially roped myself into Verizon or nothing so I mind as well take a subsidy. I do keep cash handy to break my contract if I need to.

I speak with my money.

12-17-2013 08:17 AM
    I do as well, mostly because my only options are Verizon or AT&T (I travel a ton). I've had a couple of horrible experiences with AT&T in both the cell service and internet departments and I've decided to no longer give them my business. I've essentially roped myself into Verizon or nothing so I mind as well take a subsidy. I do keep cash handy to break my contract if I need to.

I speak with my money.

I used to have the same issues with AT&T but now that they have put up all these towers and got their **** together I get better and faster service with them then over Verizon. I hate Verizon all they do is play games and treat their customers like ****

12-17-2013 10:30 PM
    Yep. Filled out the form right on the Motorola website and got an answer almost immediately.

12-18-2013 08:52 PM
    Cash in hand is worth more than credit on a card, every single time.
    Don't believe this for one second. You can advise a person all day long to save up and avoid credit like the plague. Having credit available saved my health not cash in hand. I was able to put $3,000 worth of emergency root caval, crown, and filling on my care credit card. 2 years, no interest, if paid in full.

Sure you could advise someone to start saving and set money aside for emergencies but that may not be enough!

To the OP, please don't finance a phone. Even if that bank (same bank that Bergners / Carsons / younkers uses) is decent. There are ways to make money in college. Perhaps you can find a good deal on Craigslist and keep trading up until you're satisfied?

I mean I am sure you get financial aid and student loans. I would definitely not advise on using that money for frivolous things. Start paying interest now if you can.

Sent from my XT1080m using Tapatalk
    12-19-2013 09:54 AM
43 12