Moto X Dev Ed beginner question

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I bought the Moto X Dev Edition on Monday. It should be here by next Monday, as I got the shipping confirmation tonight. I plan on giving T-Mobile a try.

Question is this: Let's say my service doesn't work better than the Sprint service that I'm joyfully out-of-contract on. Will it be as simple as going to ATT and getting a Sim from them to use the phone on their network?

Also, I only bought the Dev Edition because I waited three hours on Monday and that's the first thing I was able to click "Buy" on, and I just couldn't sit and wait any longer. Also, I figure it is likely to have better resale value. But from what I've read, the T-Mobile Edition seems to be identical to the Dev Edition? Or have I missed something? Thanks in advance :)

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Moto X Dev Edition on Monday. It should be here by next Monday, as I got the shipping confirmation tonight. I plan on giving T-Mobile a try.

Question is this: Let's say my service doesn't work better than the Sprint service that I'm joyfully out-of-contract on. Will it be as simple as going to ATT and getting a Sim from them to use the phone on their network?

Also, I only bought the Dev Edition because I waited three hours on Monday and that's the first thing I was able to click "Buy" on, and I just couldn't sit and wait any longer. Also, I figure it is likely to have better resale value. But from what I've read, the T-Mobile Edition seems to be identical to the Dev Edition? Or have I missed something? Thanks in advance :)

Nope. You haven't missed anything. The T-Mobile version is essentially a dev editon, except that you can customize it through moto maker (whether or not you and I, and others, will get better resale for it remains to be seen). And yes, from what I understand, you can just walk in and get a SIM from att or tmo and be good to go.

Posted from my N5 via the Android Central App

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Maybe I should have said it might be easier to resell than one that's lemon lime or violet. Likely a larger resale market black and white.

Posted via Android Central App

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe I should have said it might be easier to resell than one that's lemon lime or violet. Likely a larger resale market black and white.

It definitely depends on how you customize it. Mine is Navy/Orange with "WDE" engraved on the back. There's a ton of Auburn fans who would be all over it. Luckily for me, I rarely sell devices. ;p

bdlmotox

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
It definitely depends on how you customize it. Mine is Navy/Orange with "WDE" engraved on the back. There's a ton of Auburn fans who would be all over it. Luckily for me, I rarely sell devices. ;p

As a Chicago Bears fan I can appreciate the navy and orange. But I'm just not sure what I would do with the WDE.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
T-mobile is identical to the GSM Dev Ed except you can customize it and get it in 16GB version for $50 less if you want to.

Personally, I think the Tmobile with a black woven back at either 16GB or 32GB would have the best resale value.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
T-mobile is identical to the GSM Dev Ed except you can customize it and get it in 16GB version for $50 less if you want to.

Personally, I think the Tmobile with a black woven back at either 16GB or 32GB would have the best resale value.

This is more or less true. The phones sport the same hardware but Motorola will honor the warranty on the Dev edition EVEN if the bootloader has been unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood