**Expect Moto X Motomaker Shipment Delays**

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I live about 20 minutes from the Flextronics plant in Fort Worth, TX where the Moto X Motomaker designed phones are assembled and overnight last night we got a substantial amount of sleet and ice in the DFW Metroplex and surrounding communities. I would assume that employees will have difficulty getting to work at Flextronics and that hazardous transportation conditions(roadway, railroads, airlines) will result in delayed shipping. Weather forecast calling for temperatures to remain below freezing for a couple of days and TX does not use salt to de-ice roadways. Hope I'm wrong as I have one ordered that is supposed to be delivered by 12/10. :(

sting7k

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Fedex also has a notice on their website about delays in the midwest due to weather. Womp Womp, can't control the weather...yet...

Rob220

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I just received a call from FedEx. And due to the storm in Texas my phone will be delayed from today to most likely Monday.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
It's really bad down here. I have about 3 inches of ice and sleet.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

One of our satellite offices in Springdale, Arkansas is closed today due to the weather in that area. I was supposed to get my phone today, but that's not going to happen. Lets hope fedex will try and get these to us tomorrow if possible!

dbam987

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
That sounds like a typical Michigan winter. Awaiting my X to arrive from Indianapolis now, but wouldn't be surprised if it was delayed to tomorrow.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Man, it's hard to believe it's that wintery in TX when I'm sitting in 70 deg weather here in South Carolina! Guess that cold air is headed our way.

Just ordered my Moto X finally this morning, was given an estimate of Wednesday...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

limdoug

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
And just like that...it's official...

Hi Doug,

As you may have heard, large parts of the United States are being hit by winter storm Dion. Our factory in Fort Worth, Texas as well as domestic shipping companies are already feeling the impact.

Fortunately, we have several contingencies in place and we’re still working to get your custom Moto X to you as quickly as possible. However, there may be a 1-2 day delay from the original estimate we provided on your order.

We’ll send you a shipment confirmation email, along with a FedEx tracking number, as soon as your order is complete.

Thanks for your Moto X purchase - and for your patience.

Sincerely,

The Moto Maker Team

bbycrts

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
First the botched Monday sale. Then the super fast sellout on Wednesday. Now "weather" in Fort Worth. It's amazing what Motorola won't do to not sell their phones!

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
First the botched Monday sale. Then the super fast sellout on Wednesday. Now "weather" in Fort Worth. It's amazing what Motorola won't do to not sell their phones!

Are you seriously holding Motorola accountable for weather delays that impact FedEx?

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Man, it's hard to believe it's that wintery in TX when I'm sitting in 70 deg weather here in South Carolina! Guess that cold air is headed our way.

Just ordered my Moto X finally this morning, was given an estimate of Wednesday...

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Winter weather is crazy in the south. I am in Louisiana. Yesterday's high was 81, today it is 39.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital