12-08-2013 11:11 AM
37 12
tools
    Neither of these shots are set up (at all), they're just auto focus, auto flash and snap:

Moto X

GNex

Ry and JungleLarry like this.
    12-07-2013 06:20 PM
    I just replaced my gnex with the moto x and agree with others that the camera is a big upgrade. In good light the moto x is vastly superior. In low light as others have said the moto x let's in too much light and can make for grainy photos. But its a big upgrade from the gnex hands down...
    12-07-2013 09:37 PM
    I just replaced my gnex with the moto x and agree with others that the camera is a big upgrade. In good light the moto x is vastly superior. In low light as others have said the moto x let's in too much light and can make for grainy photos. But its a big upgrade from the gnex hands down...
    The grain is from post processing or cranking the sensitivity of the sensor up (High ISO) to get a brighter image. During dark situations, getting in more light is always better for IQ.
    12-07-2013 11:06 PM
    I installed Camera Awesome on my Maxx, but I can't get the flash to work. Any ideas?
    12-08-2013 12:48 AM
    Awesome! Thank you everyone for the feedback. It really helps put.
    I am now more confident on pulling the trigger for the Moto X.

Posted via Android Central App
    Aquila likes this.
    12-08-2013 02:46 AM
    I am not much into taking pictures, but I think the camera is decent. It doesn't compare to my Nikon, but it isn't a horrible camera either. I think comparing this camera versus the iPhone would be like comparing a Mustang GT versus an Audi R8.B

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.
    12-08-2013 08:52 AM
    I am not much into taking pictures, but I think the camera is decent. It doesn't compare to my Nikon, but it isn't a horrible camera either. I think comparing this camera versus the iPhone would be like comparing a Mustang GT versus an Audi R8.B

From a Sprint Moto X on AC forums app.
    It seems like the hardware is there but I'm puzzled by Moto's inability to put a top-notch camera into their phones. Nokia, Apple and Samsung can do it and HTC is no slouch either. I just don't get it.
    12-08-2013 09:26 AM
    It seems like the hardware is there but I'm puzzled by Moto's inability to put a top-notch camera into their phones. Nokia, Apple and Samsung can do it and HTC is no slouch either. I just don't get it.
    I would guess to help keep the cost down. Remember, to buy this phone outright was more than $100 less than either the S4 and the One. Like anything else, in order to make it cheaper, something has to give.
    12-08-2013 09:38 AM
    I would guess to help keep the cost down. Remember, to buy this phone outright was more than $100 less than either the S4 and the One. Like anything else, in order to make it cheaper, something has to give.
    But isn't the problem with the software? That's what I am reading anyway.

Although it could be Google. Nexus phones have never been known for their cameras.
    12-08-2013 09:44 AM

Although it could be Google. Nexus phones have never been known for their cameras.
    I think it is more related to how much light the camera can collect versus others.
    12-08-2013 09:49 AM

Its definitely the software. On paper, the camera hardware is instep with anyone else in the game - apart from Nokia. The camera app just needs a few small tweaks to become a very capable shooter. As another poster mentioned above, in low light the X bumps the iso way too high. Shooting with an app like Camera Awesome allows for much better low light shots. A testament to so much of this being software related.
    12-08-2013 11:09 AM

Of course that's always the case (as I mentioned to another poster though, on paper the Moto x has the necessary hardware.). But the X could improve greatly still with some software tweaks to the camera app.
    12-08-2013 11:11 AM
37 12