How to rename my phone from XT1058

Nidwow

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Is there away to rename my phone to a unique name when connected to a PC via USB cable rather then default XT1058?

Thanks

Matt_Zenick

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes, when you plug it in open windows explorer then on the left side scroll down till you find computer click on it find which ever one your phone is named right click it click rename and put whatever you desire it to be called

Nidwow

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes, when you plug it in open windows explorer then on the left side scroll down till you find computer click on it find which ever one your phone is named right click it click rename and put whatever you desire it to be called

Thank you Matt. I was hoping to do it on the phone itself like my GS4 and iPhone.

tnt118

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
It's also worth mentioning you can update the name as seen in the Play Store on the web:

From the main play store page, the settings gear, then settings. From there you can edit the entry for the device and change the nickname..

Nidwow

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
I do not have any Bluetooth devices, I have never turned it on.

In my GS4 under Settings > More > About device; there is an user editable field called "Device name". I can edit that to something to something like "Nid Moto X" then I can plug my GS4 to any PC and it will shows "Nid Moto X" without have to rename from XT1058 on every PC I plug my device in to Nid Moto X. But there is no such an option on my Moto X.

Well, it is what it is. I guess this is what you paid to have almost pure Android OS device.

Yes, I did renamed the nickname on the play store but that is not what I am after. Thank you for all of the info.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol