12-14-2013 03:15 PM
142 12345 ...
tools
    I personally think it does need a little spec bump. Side by side with my nexus 5, it is noticeably not as smooth. I'm actually shocked at reviews saying they are virtually the same in that aspect. It doesn't lag, but it is not nearly as fluid
    12-08-2013 08:34 AM
    i hope they dont change the size at all.
    Ry and sydneycooper1979 like this.
    12-08-2013 10:37 AM
    im guessing the SD card is going to be a no show, a larger battery would be cool.
    12-08-2013 10:41 AM
    I think the key to success here is:

1) Keep the form factor unchanged
    2) Bump some specs up that won't change the user experience
    3) Add "S" to the back of the name
    4) Implement a marketing campaign that says "this is the best Moto phone ever"
    5) Watch the sheep flock to the barn

(Yes, this is iSarcasm)
    sydneycooper1979 likes this.
    12-08-2013 10:52 AM
    Okay, so serious wish list for me:

1) Keep the form factor unchanged. It's perfect as it is
    2) Increase the already awesome battery life
    3) Improve camera even more
    4) I'm fine with the screen's resolution, but maybe fine tune the white balance (make the whites whiter) and increase the brightness for outdoor visibility
    5) Increase the awesomeness of the Active Notifications and introduce a couple more user experience tweaks (like they did with Active Notifications, camera twist, etc.)
    12-08-2013 10:56 AM
    One mitigation technique or solution is to utilize free cloud storage options such as Google's AutoBackup photo service and Google Drive for just about any file that you want.
    That works for most things that matter (though I use Google for photo backup, I use Dropbox for other files.) I have a few apps that backup to SD card, so I would have the extra step of manually putting those backup files into the cloud.

It's going to be a bit of an adjustment for those of us currently with an SD card in their phone.

Of course, I am looking forward to the advantages of having more storage on-board.

I can't believe that Google just announced SD card support for Play Music now that I'm switching to the Moto x!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    12-08-2013 11:04 AM
    Keep phone the same size.
    Bigger battery
    32GB available from launch for all
    any performance upgrades or tweaks as long as it doesnt greatly affect battery life
    not having 1080 isnt an issue
    keep amoled screen
    12-08-2013 11:29 AM
    Motorola will most likely bump up the CPU/GPU specs, which is nice, although still unnecessary - my Moto X feels "smooth" enough and can play games like Clash of Clans well enough. They might also increase the display size (and the size of the phone as well), but I hope they won't - the current one fits perfectly in my hand and the display size is enough for a smartphone (for everything else I have a tablet). They might also increase the display's resolution/pixel density, which would be appreciated for the times you need to read smaller text.

What I really would like to see is significantly improved camera because the current one is pretty bad - even after all of the latest updates it still overexposes everything, still makes pretty "noisy" images in low light and still gives "pinkish" hue to everything (all of my home PC's have calibrated monitors so all these flaws are immediately noticeable). The camera also needs optical image stabilization - it's very useful for making videos, Google ordered LG to implement it into new Nexus, they should do the same with Motorola.
    Also, wireless charging - it is also a very useful and convenient feature and doesn't cost much to implement.
    12-08-2013 11:50 AM
    I expect to be blown away...again.
    I just watched the interview that Dennis Woodside did with NKOTB. At the end of the interview, Dennis asked a question-What would you like to see in the the next Moto X that nobody is talking about.
    This showed me that Moto is committed to knocking our socks off by bringing us things we don't even know that we want. This is an exciting time for fans of Moto.
    12-08-2013 03:26 PM
    I just watched the interview that Dennis Woodside did with NKOTB.
    Woodside did an interview with New Kids on the Block? Why?

-What would you like to see in the the next Moto X that nobody is talking about.
    Exactly.
    Ry and sydneycooper1979 like this.
    12-08-2013 03:32 PM
    Woodside did an interview with New Kids on the Block? Why?
    Cuz I'm lazy and didn't feel like looking up the actual name of the guy who did the interview.
    12-08-2013 03:42 PM
    For a Moto X-2 I would like to see a better chip-set put in, I would not be surprised if Motorola introduced a X-10 chip-set with a quad-core processor. Now that is not needed, but the number one complaint is that it isn't quad-core, even though it means nothing.

A much better camera is also needed, this has been one of the complaints from everyone, and if Moto upgraded the camera they would have a great device on there hands.

I think upgrading those 2 things would definitely improve the Moto X.
    The other thing I would like is the Motomaker being offered in more places (like Canada??).
    12-08-2013 04:02 PM
    wood backs available on launch...
    12-08-2013 04:18 PM
    How would everyone feel if aluminum was used as the chassis material? Would that be good or bad? People seemed to like it in the HTC One. How about a 5" 1920p display and no less than a SnapDragon 800? ...by the time the X2 drops the 800 will no longer be the highest end so would it be okay to use then?

g2 cm10.2
    UJ95x, VAYinzer and malchyk like this.
    12-08-2013 04:24 PM
    IR blaster
    New battery technology for even longer life
    Built in app similar to Tasker to make phone even "smarter"
    Included accessory like a bluetooth tag or other for Trusted Device. Oppo N1, I think, includes this.
    12-08-2013 04:39 PM
    1. Better camera. Enough is enough with these mediocre cameras on Android phones. If Google wants to make a true anti-iPhone, they gotta bring a good camera AND camera SW!!! It's clearly out there, go get it!
    2. Slightly better screen. It's pretty good but would be nice if it was just a little bit sharper with small text.
    3. Wireless charging. It's almost a must now. I have Nexus 7 and absolutely love the fact that I can just place it on a station and it charges.

Pretty much it.

In all honesty, I want Motorola to release a bigger/higher end Moto "Z". I kinda miss the screen size of GS4 and if they package a 5 incher similar to Moto X, it's going to be smaller than GS4. There's clearly room for such model since the Droid line is Verizon exclusive.
    thatguitarguy likes this.
    12-08-2013 05:07 PM
    How would everyone feel if aluminum was used as the chassis material? Would that be good or bad? People seemed to like it in the HTC One. How about a 5" 1920p display and no less than a SnapDragon 800? ...by the time the X2 drops the 800 will no longer be the highest end so would it be okay to use then?

g2 cm10.2
    I don't want aluminum. It feels cold/slippery in a hand and also very easy to scratch. Moto X body is perfect IMO. I don't mind if they offer aluminum backs (kinda like wood inserts) but not the entire body.
    Regarding the 5", see my post above. This can definitely be a different model. X should stay the same size. I couldn't care less what processor it's running as long as it's smooth. I learned the hard way (coming from GS4)
    jephanie likes this.
    12-08-2013 05:09 PM

g2 cm10.2
    I don't want aluminum, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't an option at some point soon.
    12-08-2013 05:14 PM
    For a Moto X-2 I would like to see a better chip-set put in, I would not be surprised if Motorola introduced a X-10 chip-set with a quad-core processor. Now that is not needed, but the number one complaint is that it isn't quad-core, even though it means nothing.

A much better camera is also needed, this has been one of the complaints from everyone, and if Moto upgraded the camera they would have a great device on there hands.

I think upgrading those 2 things would definitely improve the Moto X.
    The other thing I would like is the Motomaker being offered in more places (like Canada??).
    ummm...ok
    tr-1 likes this.
    12-08-2013 05:15 PM
    g2 cm10.2
    Aluminum would be a nice alternative to plastic and would give it a more "premium" feel, better heat dissipation and other minor benefits BUT it would interfere with wireless charging, and I'd rather prefer to have wireless charging option (which will hopefully come with next version) than the aluminum body. Of course Motorola can simply make the aluminum version as option, in an addition to regular plastic version...

Built in app similar to Tasker to make phone even "smarter"
    Well, you don't need a new phone model for that, Motorola just have to improve the functionality of Assist - add in the features they removed from the previous version (called "Smart Actions") and perhaps some new ones.
    12-08-2013 05:29 PM
    Motorola just have to improve the functionality of Assist - add in the features they removed from the previous version (called "Smart Actions") and perhaps some new ones.
    That is something I would like and which would be easy for Motorola to do. I wish they hadn't removed the ability that Smart Actions had to turn on WiFi based on location.
    12-08-2013 05:46 PM
    More battery. With it, I'd still have my X.
    12-08-2013 06:36 PM
    Better camera, better screen blah blah blah.
    I want to see them really push it. Make it powered by super capacitors instead of a battery. Now that would put them firmly in the lead.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-08-2013 07:16 PM
    I wanna be able to think about what I wanna say and Google now to type it out

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X
    12-08-2013 07:39 PM
    Better camera is an absolute must.
    I wouldn't complain about a 1080 screen but I really don't mind the 720 as much as I thought I would.
    Wireless charging.
    Bigger battery.
    More color options fit the front.
    Woven pattern on more colors.

Really though, the only two that would disappoint me if they left out are the wireless charging and a camera that can compete with the other flagship's (iOS, Windows Phone, and Android).

Posted via Android Central App
    VAYinzer likes this.
    12-08-2013 07:48 PM
142 12345 ...