Moto X-2: What Are Your Expectations?

GPWestjet

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
For a Moto X-2 I would like to see a better chip-set put in, I would not be surprised if Motorola introduced a X-10 chip-set with a quad-core processor. Now that is not needed, but the number one complaint is that it isn't quad-core, even though it means nothing.

A much better camera is also needed, this has been one of the complaints from everyone, and if Moto upgraded the camera they would have a great device on there hands.

I think upgrading those 2 things would definitely improve the Moto X.
The other thing I would like is the Motomaker being offered in more places (like Canada??).

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
How would everyone feel if aluminum was used as the chassis material? Would that be good or bad? People seemed to like it in the HTC One. How about a 5" 1920p display and no less than a SnapDragon 800? ...by the time the X2 drops the 800 will no longer be the highest end so would it be okay to use then?

g2 cm10.2

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
IR blaster
New battery technology for even longer life
Built in app similar to Tasker to make phone even "smarter"
Included accessory like a bluetooth tag or other for Trusted Device. Oppo N1, I think, includes this.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
1. Better camera. Enough is enough with these mediocre cameras on Android phones. If Google wants to make a true anti-iPhone, they gotta bring a good camera AND camera SW!!! It's clearly out there, go get it!
2. Slightly better screen. It's pretty good but would be nice if it was just a little bit sharper with small text.
3. Wireless charging. It's almost a must now. I have Nexus 7 and absolutely love the fact that I can just place it on a station and it charges.

Pretty much it.

In all honesty, I want Motorola to release a bigger/higher end Moto "Z". I kinda miss the screen size of GS4 and if they package a 5 incher similar to Moto X, it's going to be smaller than GS4. There's clearly room for such model since the Droid line is Verizon exclusive.

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
How would everyone feel if aluminum was used as the chassis material? Would that be good or bad? People seemed to like it in the HTC One. How about a 5" 1920p display and no less than a SnapDragon 800? ...by the time the X2 drops the 800 will no longer be the highest end so would it be okay to use then?

g2 cm10.2

I don't want aluminum. It feels cold/slippery in a hand and also very easy to scratch. Moto X body is perfect IMO. I don't mind if they offer aluminum backs (kinda like wood inserts) but not the entire body.
Regarding the 5", see my post above. This can definitely be a different model. X should stay the same size. I couldn't care less what processor it's running as long as it's smooth. I learned the hard way (coming from GS4)

Last edited:

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

g2 cm10.2

I don't want aluminum, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't an option at some point soon.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
For a Moto X-2 I would like to see a better chip-set put in, I would not be surprised if Motorola introduced a X-10 chip-set with a quad-core processor. Now that is not needed, but the number one complaint is that it isn't quad-core, even though it means nothing.

A much better camera is also needed, this has been one of the complaints from everyone, and if Moto upgraded the camera they would have a great device on there hands.

I think upgrading those 2 things would definitely improve the Moto X.
The other thing I would like is the Motomaker being offered in more places (like Canada??).

ummm...ok

John Doe40

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
g2 cm10.2
Aluminum would be a nice alternative to plastic and would give it a more "premium" feel, better heat dissipation and other minor benefits BUT it would interfere with wireless charging, and I'd rather prefer to have wireless charging option (which will hopefully come with next version) than the aluminum body. Of course Motorola can simply make the aluminum version as option, in an addition to regular plastic version...

Built in app similar to Tasker to make phone even "smarter"
Well, you don't need a new phone model for that, Motorola just have to improve the functionality of Assist - add in the features they removed from the previous version (called "Smart Actions") and perhaps some new ones.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Motorola just have to improve the functionality of Assist - add in the features they removed from the previous version (called "Smart Actions") and perhaps some new ones.

That is something I would like and which would be easy for Motorola to do. I wish they hadn't removed the ability that Smart Actions had to turn on WiFi based on location.

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Better camera, better screen blah blah blah.
I want to see them really push it. Make it powered by super capacitors instead of a battery. Now that would put them firmly in the lead.

Posted via Android Central App

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Better camera is an absolute must.
I wouldn't complain about a 1080 screen but I really don't mind the 720 as much as I thought I would.
Wireless charging.
Bigger battery.
More color options fit the front.
Woven pattern on more colors.

Really though, the only two that would disappoint me if they left out are the wireless charging and a camera that can compete with the other flagship's (iOS, Windows Phone, and Android).

Posted via Android Central App

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
1. Increase the camera performance. As much as I love this phone, the thing is HORRIBLE in low light.
2. More battery is never a bad thing
3. 1080 display
4. Quad core processor
5. Aluminum 64GB version with a holographic projector for all the cool kids...

All in all these are incremental changes at best. Moto/Google hit a home run with this phone. This thing just WORKS. Sometimes we forget that these are PHONES first (hopefully). It blows my mind when these manufacturers pack all these specs in and then you can't talk worth a d**n or text/email on the thing.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

g2 cm10.2
Exactly what I was thinking. They used "last year's" processor for their X this year and did really well but I can't imagine them using anything less than a 2+ GHz quad-core for the X2.
That will be considered "mid-range" at the rate tech is evolving. You could probably say the same for the camera and display :p

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Pretty interesting that most of the "improvements" suggested in this thread so far are iterative, spec-based, and go against the philosophy of optimization that Motorola has established...
Yes but just know that the X2 probably won't be released won't be released until Q3 2014, by which time the "high-end" probably won't even be the 805 (2.5 GHz Quad-Core) while the 800 will be "outdated" and "last year's SoC" which is what people were saying about the X8 when it released. Cameras will be 20+ MP, displays will be higher than 500 PPI, etc.
Asking for a quad-core, 1080p phone sounds like a spec-*****'s wish-list now but will be old by the time this phone is released so it won't seem like much to ask then

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK. Now for my wishlist listed in order of importance to me :p
#1 Better battery
#2 Better camera
#3 Better display
#4 Slightly bigger screen, could probably keep a similar frame if the bezels were reduced even more so I don't think 4.8/4.9 would be too big
#5 Better SoC

malchyk

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I'd expect a spec bump across the board & more customization options. Most important (to me, anyways) is extended battery life and improved camera. I could go for a marginally bigger screen... the X seems a little small to me as it is.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv