Moto X Driving Mode Not Working...

Mike Hodde

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just got a Moto X last week (was an iPhone user) and I have the driving mode activated to read my texts and announce who's calling, but so far it hasn't done either. Any ideas? Thanks!

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Just got a Moto X last week (was an iPhone user) and I have the driving mode activated to read my texts and announce who's calling, but so far it hasn't done either. Any ideas? Thanks!

Are you paired with bluetooth in your car? It could be that you are not on the bluetooth input so you are not hearing it. I know calls will still come through but you may have to change a setting in your bluetooth options.

Mike Hodde

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply...I don't have bluetooth in my car, and I just checked and I don't even have bluetooth enabled on my phone...I saw another post that suggested emptying the cache in the app....I've tried that, and will test it out the next time I go driving - but if anyone else has any other suggestions I'm all ears. Thanks!

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. No Bluetooth in car. Even with driving assist enabled and auto reply texts and texts to be read aloud, nothing happened when I got texted last night while driving.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you don't drive fast enough :)
Haha! Must be. Anyways, the solution I linked worked for me. My phone now shows me in driving mode while driving.

The 3 that I cleared caches for were:

Motorola Assist
Motorola Assist Framework
Motorola DriveActivator

The third one might just be the extra 50gb Drive storage but I did it anyways.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Got both of our M.X working with this. I have a question though. When you stop driving, how long does it stay in "Drive"? Chris

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I never timed it. I'll have to test it next time. Often I tell Assist I'm not driving to end it.

Edit: It took about 3-4 minutes to stop driving mode.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85