12-09-2013 12:18 PM
76 1234
tools
    So using your twisted logic, because the Chevy Malibu sells better than the BMW M5 that makes the Chevy a better car. There aren't enough LOL's for that!
    Yes Chevy is a GREAT car and also the Twilight movies are top 10 all time!
    12-07-2013 06:01 PM
    First, this is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand so I'm not even sure why you posted it.

Second, your comparison is improper. Apple offers only 2 models of iPhones (and up until a few months back they only offered one) while Android offers 50+ different models. Now, if you would have said that Apple sells more phones than all Android manufacturers combined, that would have been better comparison. It would have been 1000% wrong, but a proper comparison.

Let's hope you're joking, but if you're not I have to respond.

So using your twisted logic, because the Chevy Malibu sells better than the BMW M5 that makes the Chevy a better car. There aren't enough LOL's for that!
    I believe Woosh admitted he said that with sarcasm. Check out his latest post int this thread
    12-07-2013 06:01 PM
    I never used the word dumb. And I realize some people don't have much of a choice when it comes to carriers, but if you're on Verizon, whether by choice or out of necessity, you forfeit the right to complain about bloat. It's a well known fact that Verizon loads their phones with not only bloatware, but also that awful gigantic check mark of a logo.

I'd be willing to be they nearly had an aneurism when they learned they couldn't put their branding on the front of the Moto X.

Sure, there are plenty of things that can be improved, but let's be real...Motorola came closer to perfection on it's first try with the Moto X than other OEMs could even dream of. It's simply that good.

Sent from my LG G2
    I have a Verizon X and I have 4 bloat apps. My Verizon (actually use tho), Verizon tones, caller name id and vz navigatior. That's VERY minimal bloatware, especially for Verizon. My S4 had at least 20+ apps. I will not complain about that. Look at the new Doids... My moms Mini has all 6 of the amazon apps amount at least 10 others. I'm very happy with the X bloatware. Who knows, perhaps the X2, we will be at the point where buying directly from Motorola is possible with no bloatware.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-07-2013 06:03 PM
    I never used the word dumb. And I realize some people don't have much of a choice when it comes to carriers, but if you're on Verizon, whether by choice or out of necessity, you forfeit the right to complain about bloat. It's a well known fact that Verizon loads their phones with not only bloatware, but also that awful gigantic check mark of a logo.

I'd be willing to be they nearly had an aneurism when they learned they couldn't put their branding on the front of the Moto X.

Sure, there are plenty of things that can be improved, but let's be real...Motorola came closer to perfection on it's first try with the Moto X than other OEMs could even dream of. It's simply that good.

Sent from my LG G2
    Well said. I'm on Verizon by choice because the service has been the best in my area. That is changing. Anyway, there are a lot things about Verizon that bother me. That being said my Verizon Moto X is awesome. Not a lot of bloat and only one Verizon marking and I can hardly see it on the white back of my D. E. Moto X. It takes nothing away from this awesome phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    12-07-2013 06:05 PM
    I believe Woosh admitted he said that with sarcasm. Check out his latest post int this thread
    LOL. I really wasn't sure. I was hoping that there isn't anyone out there that stupid to actually believe it.

I find it odd that Apple fans join an Android community to bash Android products and then get upset because they get all kinds of hate. I believe that people with an inferiority complex do this to try to justify their purchase of one brand or model over another. I see it with Xbox vs Playstation fanboys too.

People just need to be happy with what they purchase and not try to impose their opinions on those who choose to buy something different. I went from Android to iOS and then back to Android. I needed to experience both for myself so that I could make an educated decision on which I like better.

Well said. I'm on Verizon by choice because the service has been the best in my area. That is changing. Anyway, there are a lot things about Verizon that bother me. That being said my Verizon Moto X is awesome. Not a lot of bloat and only one Verizon marking and I can hardly see it on the white back of my D. E. Moto X. It takes nothing away from this awesome phone.

UGGGHHH. Now we're getting into which carrier is better. I have Verizon but they have their issues. Same with T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint. They all have pluses and minuses.
    12-07-2013 06:13 PM
    Do I need to take a photo of my phone before I post here? I've got a Moto X. I don't have an iPhone anymore. Again, stop with the personal attacks. It's not fostering a conversation.

XDA thread on bloat on the Moto x. You're telling me it's not a problem? Looking at my list of disabled apps and it's quite long. Verizon, Motorola, Google.
    12-07-2013 06:17 PM
    I have a Verizon X and I have 4 bloat apps. My Verizon (actually use tho), Verizon tones, caller name id and vz navigatior. That's VERY minimal bloatware, especially for Verizon. My S4 had at least 20+ apps. I will not complain about that. Look at the new Doids... My moms Mini has all 6 of the amazon apps amount at least 10 others. I'm very happy with the X bloatware. Who knows, perhaps the X2, we will be at the point where buying directly from Motorola is possible with no bloatware.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks guys. I admittedly have no clue how much bloat is on the Verizon X as I haven't seen one in person. But I wouldn't have been shocked at all if it had the normal amount we've all come to expect.

Sent from my Moto X
    12-07-2013 06:18 PM
    Looking at my list of disabled apps and it's quite long. Verizon, Motorola, Google.
    How do these qualify as bloat? Do Apple apps on iPhones and iPads qualify as bloat?
    Kamron Erani and jephanie like this.
    12-07-2013 06:18 PM
    I'm aware they all have problems. I was being sarcastic....I no longer buy anything with a Samsung or an Apple logo. Although I might be buying a Samsung blu ray here in a min but you get my meaning.....their phones atm don't interest me.
    dude you need to use /s when u r being sarcastic... look at all the confusion that you have brought to this thread..
    jephanie likes this.
    12-07-2013 06:21 PM
    How do these qualify as bloat? Do Apple apps on iPhones and iPads qualify as bloat?
    Care to tell me which start on their own? I got a notification for Motorola spotlight when I never even launched it. I get all sorts of notifications for things I have no desire to ever hear.
    12-07-2013 06:23 PM
    Care to tell me which start on their own?
    I have no idea because I don't use Apple products. Thanks for avoiding the question.
    12-07-2013 06:25 PM
    dude you need to use /s when u r being sarcastic... look at all the confusion that you have brought to this thread..
    I'm very sorry.

Care to tell me which start on their own? I got a notification for Motorola spotlight when I never even launched it. I get all sorts of notifications for things I have no desire to ever hear.
    So....buy an iPhone and be happy?
    jephanie likes this.
    12-07-2013 06:25 PM
    Do I need to take a photo of my phone before I post here? I've got a Moto X. I don't have an iPhone anymore. Again, stop with the personal attacks. It's not fostering a conversation.

XDA thread on bloat on the Moto x. You're telling me it's not a problem? Looking at my list of disabled apps and it's quite long. Verizon, Motorola, Google.
    sorry that people are attacking you... thats because the moto X is the device which has the least bloatware after Nexus..

look at samsung they have about 3 gb bloatware on the device... that link u posted would be 10 pages for samsung devices

have u looked at the link u posted about bloatware.. that person is disabling android features like android wallpaper, face unlock feature,device management,emergency alert,one time init,wireless display etc etc... they are Android features he/she is disabling... he could very well buy a feature phone than doing that..

also read the thread... people are complaining about phone not working properly
    jephanie likes this.
    12-07-2013 06:33 PM
    I have no idea because I don't use Apple products. Thanks for avoiding the question.
    Answer: none.
    I'm very sorry.

So....buy an iPhone and be happy?
    That's constructive.

Bringing it back to the topic of the thread. The Moto X isn't selling well. They sold 10k on a fire sale. Android is good but its fans have a blinding hatred for anything Apple. Cool.
    12-07-2013 06:33 PM
    I would assume that's because iOS is not like Android. There's a reason that some apps on Android will open even though you haven't opened them. It's by design.

have u looked at the link u posted about bloatware.. that person is disabling android features like android wallpaper, face unlock feature,device management,emergency alert,one time init,wireless display etc etc... they are Android features he/she is disabling... he could very well buy a feature phone than doing that..
    That person is also disabling advertised features of the phone. Those kinds of things aren't bloat. If he or she didn't want them, then a different phone might have been a better purchase.
    12-07-2013 06:38 PM

That's constructive.

Bringing it back to the topic of the thread. The Moto X isn't selling well. They sold 10k on a fire sale. Android is good but its fans have a blinding hatred for anything Apple. Cool.
    I really don't want to get into the Apple vs Android argument so I won't. Both sides tend to be blind when it comes to the merits of the other side. I use both so I do appreciate both sides. I did want to clarify on the number of Moto X's sold on Wednesday though. It was not 10K sold. He said 10's of thousands. Again, we all know apple sells a ton of phones and I certainly wish the Moto X was selling more, but let's not make it worse than it is. The Moto X is an excellent phone that unfortunately may not sell as well as the heavily advertised Samsung phones nor will it take down Apple. The good news is that I do think it will sell enough for Motorola to continue with what they have started here. Which, in my opinion, is pretty awesome.
    12-07-2013 06:46 PM

That's constructive.

It's very constructive. You have no idea what Moto actually sold since they haven't posted those numbers. Also he said 10s of thousands iirc and not 10,000. Plus this wasn't a fire sale since they will continue to sell at the normal price, it was just a sale and very unlikely that they made no profit from these sales. They aren't selling under cost like the $99 HP tab went for.
    jephanie likes this.
    12-07-2013 06:48 PM
    The good news is that I do think it will sell enough for Motorola to continue with what they have started here. Which, in my opinion, is pretty awesome.
    That's really all that matters to me. Nobody should be expecting Motorola to do Apple- or Samsung-like numbers. Motorola is kind of starting over again and they're rebuilding the brand, so it's way too early for the level of success that Apple and Samsung can easily achieve. Motorola is nowhere near the level of awareness with consumers yet for them to completely be able to turn the tables against Apple and Samsung based on numbers sold.
    cwbcpa likes this.
    12-07-2013 06:50 PM

Very misleading.

If you want to disable everything that the ***** on XDA did, you basically have a dumb phone (I know, not quite.). He's removing many of the features that people buy Android phones to use. Not all of the features on Android are used by everyone and what some consider bloat others consider an integral part of what they want and maybe need. Just because one person doesn't want a feature doesn't mean it's bloat and bloat isn't necessarily something that isn't required for Android to run.

But back to Moto X sales. Moto has about 4 years of mis-steps to try to correct. The X and G are great starts but it's going to take time.

I'm not saying that you are, but your posts are coming off like you are bragging, and even happy, that the X isn't selling well. Perhaps this isn't your intent but it sure as hell seems that way. This is why you're getting all kinds of hate.
    jephanie likes this.
    12-07-2013 07:00 PM
    Let me get this out of the way: I really like my Moto x. I wish that they would go even further and kill all the carrier crap and stuff that feels like they're trying to upsell me. It seems desperate.

I am very impressed that they quit the specs race and focused on improving and developing new ideas. They didn't chase screen size, megapixels, or gimmicky features. They made some choices for users like going with an AMOLED display to enable something like active notifications. They chose a smaller screen to make ergonomics and battery life better.

Good for them. I have no animosity towards Android at all. I like it most of the time. (though I hate Samsung with the heat of a thousand suns ) There's just crap that needs work. Believe me, I criticize Apple too.
    12-07-2013 07:08 PM
    I really like my Moto x. I wish that they would go even further and kill all the carrier crap and stuff that feels like they're trying to upsell me. It seems desperate.
    So buy an unlocked GSM edition. If you're on Verizon, you know you'll have to deal with the "carrier crap." Motorola is not in the same position as Apple that they can have Verizon sell their phones on their terms.
    12-07-2013 07:11 PM
    So buy an unlocked GSM edition. If you're on Verizon, you know you'll have to deal with the "carrier crap." Motorola is not in the same position as Apple that they can have Verizon sell their phones on their terms.
    You're making my point for me. If I bought an iPhone, it wouldn't matter what carrier I was on. Now that Google owns Motorola, maybe we'll see some movement on this front from Android.
    12-07-2013 07:20 PM
    You're making my point for me. If I bought an iPhone, it wouldn't matter what carrier I was on.
    If that's your point, then I'm not sure why you were complaining in the first place. Were you not aware that Android OEMs do not have the same power with the carriers that Apple does?

You came in claiming that the Moto X isn't doing well, but without any actual proof. You only compared it to Apple -- without any specific, confirmed numbers -- and everybody knows that no one except Samsung can compare to Apple. To say that the Moto X isn't selling like the iPhones or Galaxy phones, well...wow. Newsflash.

Seriously. Nobody could reasonably expect the Moto X to turn the tide in their favor in such a short period. It seems, though, that you were expecting such a thing to happen.

Only Motorola and Google can really qualify how well the Moto X is doing because they're the only ones who know what the expectations are for the phone. I don't know exactly what they were expecting, but I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting it to sell like iPhones and Galaxy phones for reasons I stated earlier in the thread.
    androidatic and jephanie like this.
    12-07-2013 07:34 PM
    If that's your point, then I'm not sure why you were complaining in the first place. Were you not aware that Android OEMs do not have the same power with the carriers that Apple does?

You came in claiming that the Moto X isn't doing well, but without any actual proof. You only compared it to Apple -- without any specific, confirmed numbers -- and everybody knows that no one except Samsung can compare to Apple. To say that the Moto X isn't selling like the iPhones or Galaxy phones, well...wow. Newsflash.

Seriously. Nobody could reasonably expect the Moto X to turn the tide in their favor in such a short period. It seems, though, that you were expecting such a thing to happen.

Only Motorola and Google can really qualify how well the Moto X is doing because they're the only ones who know what the expectations are for the phone. I don't know exactly what they were expecting, but I'm pretty sure they weren't expecting it to sell like iPhones and Galaxy phones for reasons I stated earlier in the thread.
    I posted a link, one among many, that talks about the poor sales of the Moto X. Google continues to lose money hand over fist with Motorola.

It's not doing well.

Some links:
    http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/11/12/5097532/moto-x-only-500000-devices-reportedly-sold

http://m.us.wsj.com/articles/BL-DGB-30726

http://mobile.theverge.com/2013/10/17/4849472/google-earnings-q3-2013
    12-07-2013 07:57 PM
    I posted a link, one among many, that talks about the poor sales of the Moto X. Google continues to lose money hand over fist with Motorola.

It's not doing well.
    Which one of those cites exactly what Motorola and Google's expectations are for the Moto X?

Because, as I said earlier, only Motorola and Google can really qualify how well the Moto X is doing because they're the only ones who know what the expectations are for the phone.
    12-07-2013 08:08 PM
76 1234