moto x cyber wed sold 10k+

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Anyone who believes that Product X is plainly a better product than Product Y because sells more....what a great example of Sheep (or in the case of Apple, I-Sheep) mentality!
I said nothing about the relative merits of any devices. I could have as easily said Samsung sells that many every few minutes and would have been just as accurate.

The thing is, android has some serious issues that beating up on Apple will not solve. You can continue to put your heads in the sand if you like but the truth of it right now is that a mediocre manufacturer like Samsung is owning better oems like HTC and Motorola. That's why the x isn't selling well.

As far as bloat on my phone - are you really calling me dumb because I use Verizon? That's absurd and yet another example of refusing to admit there are problems with the OS.

Finally, since the mod who warned me about making personal attacks isn't around to tell you guys to lay off the personal attacks, I'd like to have a real dialog but the ad hominem attacks make it hard.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
As far as bloat on my phone - are you really calling me dumb because I use Verizon? That's absurd and yet another example of refusing to admit there are problems with the OS.

I never used the word dumb. And I realize some people don't have much of a choice when it comes to carriers, but if you're on Verizon, whether by choice or out of necessity, you forfeit the right to complain about bloat. It's a well known fact that Verizon loads their phones with not only bloatware, but also that awful gigantic check mark of a logo.

I'd be willing to be they nearly had an aneurism when they learned they couldn't put their branding on the front of the Moto X.

Sure, there are plenty of things that can be improved, but let's be real...Motorola came closer to perfection on it's first try with the Moto X than other OEMs could even dream of. It's simply that good.

Sent from my LG G2

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Umm... I hate to rain on the parade but Apple sells 10k iPhones every few minutes.

First, this is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand so I'm not even sure why you posted it.

Second, your comparison is improper. Apple offers only 2 models of iPhones (and up until a few months back they only offered one) while Android offers 50+ different models. Now, if you would have said that Apple sells more phones than all Android manufacturers combined, that would have been better comparison. It would have been 1000% wrong, but a proper comparison.

That means Apple is better.....because everyone knows the things that sell the most means it's the best. That is why I stick to buying Apple and Samsung, they have proven track records of being the best phones ever.

Let's hope you're joking, but if you're not I have to respond.

So using your twisted logic, because the Chevy Malibu sells better than the BMW M5 that makes the Chevy a better car. There aren't enough LOL's for that!

Last edited:

bryantest

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
First, this is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand so I'm not even sure why you posted it.

Second, your comparison is improper. Apple offers only 2 models of iPhones (and up until a few months back they only offered one) while Android offers 50+ different models. Now, if you would have said that Apple sells more phones than all Android manufacturers combined, that would have been better comparison. It would have been 1000% wrong, but a proper comparison.

Let's hope you're joking, but if you're not I have to respond.

So using your twisted logic, because the Chevy Malibu sells better than the BMW M5 that makes the Chevy a better car. There aren't enough LOL's for that!

I believe Woosh admitted he said that with sarcasm. Check out his latest post int this thread

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I never used the word dumb. And I realize some people don't have much of a choice when it comes to carriers, but if you're on Verizon, whether by choice or out of necessity, you forfeit the right to complain about bloat. It's a well known fact that Verizon loads their phones with not only bloatware, but also that awful gigantic check mark of a logo.

I'd be willing to be they nearly had an aneurism when they learned they couldn't put their branding on the front of the Moto X.

Sure, there are plenty of things that can be improved, but let's be real...Motorola came closer to perfection on it's first try with the Moto X than other OEMs could even dream of. It's simply that good.

Sent from my LG G2

I have a Verizon X and I have 4 bloat apps. My Verizon (actually use tho), Verizon tones, caller name id and vz navigatior. That's VERY minimal bloatware, especially for Verizon. My S4 had at least 20+ apps. I will not complain about that. Look at the new Doids... My moms Mini has all 6 of the amazon apps amount at least 10 others. I'm very happy with the X bloatware. Who knows, perhaps the X2, we will be at the point where buying directly from Motorola is possible with no bloatware.

Posted via Android Central App

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my LG G2

Well said. I'm on Verizon by choice because the service has been the best in my area. That is changing. Anyway, there are a lot things about Verizon that bother me. That being said my Verizon Moto X is awesome. Not a lot of bloat and only one Verizon marking and I can hardly see it on the white back of my D. E. Moto X. It takes nothing away from this awesome phone.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I believe Woosh admitted he said that with sarcasm. Check out his latest post int this thread

LOL. I really wasn't sure. I was hoping that there isn't anyone out there that stupid to actually believe it.

I find it odd that Apple fans join an Android community to bash Android products and then get upset because they get all kinds of hate. I believe that people with an inferiority complex do this to try to justify their purchase of one brand or model over another. I see it with Xbox vs Playstation fanboys too.

People just need to be happy with what they purchase and not try to impose their opinions on those who choose to buy something different. I went from Android to iOS and then back to Android. I needed to experience both for myself so that I could make an educated decision on which I like better.

Well said. I'm on Verizon by choice because the service has been the best in my area. That is changing. Anyway, there are a lot things about Verizon that bother me. That being said my Verizon Moto X is awesome. Not a lot of bloat and only one Verizon marking and I can hardly see it on the white back of my D. E. Moto X. It takes nothing away from this awesome phone.

UGGGHHH. Now we're getting into which carrier is better. I have Verizon but they have their issues. Same with T-Mobile, AT&T and Sprint. They all have pluses and minuses.

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Do I need to take a photo of my phone before I post here? I've got a Moto X. I don't have an iPhone anymore. Again, stop with the personal attacks. It's not fostering a conversation.

XDA thread on bloat on the Moto x. You're telling me it's not a problem? Looking at my list of disabled apps and it's quite long. Verizon, Motorola, Google.

KentuckyHouse

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a Verizon X and I have 4 bloat apps. My Verizon (actually use tho), Verizon tones, caller name id and vz navigatior. That's VERY minimal bloatware, especially for Verizon. My S4 had at least 20+ apps. I will not complain about that. Look at the new Doids... My moms Mini has all 6 of the amazon apps amount at least 10 others. I'm very happy with the X bloatware. Who knows, perhaps the X2, we will be at the point where buying directly from Motorola is possible with no bloatware.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks guys. I admittedly have no clue how much bloat is on the Verizon X as I haven't seen one in person. But I wouldn't have been shocked at all if it had the normal amount we've all come to expect.

Sent from my Moto X

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm aware they all have problems. I was being sarcastic....I no longer buy anything with a Samsung or an Apple logo. Although I might be buying a Samsung blu ray here in a min but you get my meaning.....their phones atm don't interest me. :)

dude you need to use /s when u r being sarcastic... look at all the confusion that you have brought to this thread.. :D

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
How do these qualify as bloat? Do Apple apps on iPhones and iPads qualify as bloat?
Care to tell me which start on their own? I got a notification for Motorola spotlight when I never even launched it. I get all sorts of notifications for things I have no desire to ever hear.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
dude you need to use /s when u r being sarcastic... look at all the confusion that you have brought to this thread.. :D

I'm very sorry. :D

Care to tell me which start on their own? I got a notification for Motorola spotlight when I never even launched it. I get all sorts of notifications for things I have no desire to ever hear.

So....buy an iPhone and be happy?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Do I need to take a photo of my phone before I post here? I've got a Moto X. I don't have an iPhone anymore. Again, stop with the personal attacks. It's not fostering a conversation.

XDA thread on bloat on the Moto x. You're telling me it's not a problem? Looking at my list of disabled apps and it's quite long. Verizon, Motorola, Google.

sorry that people are attacking you... thats because the moto X is the device which has the least bloatware after Nexus..

look at samsung they have about 3 gb bloatware on the device... that link u posted would be 10 pages for samsung devices

have u looked at the link u posted about bloatware.. that person is disabling android features like android wallpaper, face unlock feature,device management,emergency alert,one time init,wireless display etc etc... they are Android features he/she is disabling... he could very well buy a feature phone than doing that..

also read the thread... people are complaining about phone not working properly

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have no idea because I don't use Apple products. Thanks for avoiding the question.
Answer: none.
I'm very sorry. :D

So....buy an iPhone and be happy?
That's constructive.

Bringing it back to the topic of the thread. The Moto X isn't selling well. They sold 10k on a fire sale. Android is good but its fans have a blinding hatred for anything Apple. Cool.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Answer: none.

I would assume that's because iOS is not like Android. There's a reason that some apps on Android will open even though you haven't opened them. It's by design.

have u looked at the link u posted about bloatware.. that person is disabling android features like android wallpaper, face unlock feature,device management,emergency alert,one time init,wireless display etc etc... they are Android features he/she is disabling... he could very well buy a feature phone than doing that..

That person is also disabling advertised features of the phone. Those kinds of things aren't bloat. If he or she didn't want them, then a different phone might have been a better purchase.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670