Getting photos onto my computer

Mat604

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
How do I get photos taken on my phone onto my mac? I have connected it through a USB cable, it says that it is connected as a media device on my phone, but does not recognize on my computer.
Thank you.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! I had a similar question about music.

Another option is drop box. You can set it up to automatically upload your photos to drop box, either right away, or when you have Wi-Fi, and then copy them out of drop box to your computer at your leisure.

Last edited:

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Folder Sync may work as well if you prefer using Google Drive (which is what I am doing because it is much cheaper given the free 50gig)

You can also write an Automator script to import the photos into iPhoto or Aperture. That should get them into your photosteam as well if you have other ios devices.

For music, when I had my GS4 (I've been back and forth between the iPhone and Android this year) I used doubletwist to keep my music synced with iTunes. It seemed to work well. It also has AppleTv capability IIRC. Ijust got my Moto X yesterday so I have not tried it out quite yet.

Kamron Erani

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I use the built in auto-backup to google+, as soon as I take the pictures it is on my google+ account photos (not public). I can then organize them and if I want download them.

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I've started backing up all off my pictures to Google Drive. There's a desktop client you can download that will install the Drive folder on your computer.

robjulo

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I've started backing up all off my pictures to Google Drive. There's a desktop client you can download that will install the Drive folder on your computer.

This is what I do as well. I installed Folder Sync this morning to automatically sync photos to Google Drive. Google+ automatically picks them up from there (there is also the option to backup directly to Google+). I have an Automator set up to monitor the Google Drive folder I have chosen and anytime a picture is taken, it automatically imports the photo to Aperture (will work for iPhoto as well).

In short, I can take a picture at work and a few minutes later, look at my iPad and see that picture in my photostream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy