upgraded to KitKat - Nav app gone?

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
am I missing something, I upgraded to KitKat and now i do not see my Navigation app. Is it moved or something new?

thx

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
am I missing something, I upgraded to KitKat and now i do not see my Navigation app. Is it moved or something new?

thx

You mean for Google Maps? If so, at the top next to search, should be an icon that looks like a Y, that is navigation.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Navigation was integrated into Google Maps a while ago and removed from the Play store and has been slowly removed from devices as the software updates roll out. It isn't a KitKat thing, though. This predates KitKat.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks, being new to android. It was on my screen when i first got the phone then gone on upgrade. figured I missed something. :)

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I had not even noticed this, glad I skim the forum or I would have been smashing my phone against my dash at some point :confused:

Camilo

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I had not even noticed this, glad I skim the forum or I would have been smashing my phone against my dash at some point :confused:

I hadn't noticed it either.

I was always kind of curious about the Nav app. I noticed right away when I got my Moto X that it had both Google Maps and this Nav thing. I have actually traveled quite a bit in the two months I've had the phone, and messed around with both apps. They obviously had very similar, if not identical, databases and I thought they had very similar -but definitely not identical - interfaces, maybe I was wrong. For some reason I can't really defend and may be totally irrational, I tended to like the Nav app a little batter even though I've used Google Maps (and Map Quest) for many, many years to get printed directions from my desktop computer (this is my first smartphone) I could never really figure out which one the "OK Google Navigate to XYZ" was using though.

As a fairly simple person, I'm glad there's only one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey