12-10-2013 05:00 PM
121 1234 ...
tools
    But I had to plug my X in 3 times a day. Returned it to see if any updates improve the battery life to pre-kit kat levels.
    Most people report getting 5+ hours of screen time and some even get more than 6. I don't know what you're doing with the phone or if you charge it when it gets to around 20% but there is no way you completely drain the battery 3 times a day.
    15+ hours of screen time in a day? Doubt it
    12-09-2013 01:47 AM
    Nice post and very, very informative.

A couple points I'd like to mention.

First, you are in a Moto X area.(praise expected, and rightfully so)

Second, I like to see the kind of response you would get if you post the EXACT SAME post, but in EACH of the phones that you say the Moto X bested, their forum.

Third, while the Moto X is an excellent phone, it doesn't have sd card support or removable battery.. BTW the Samsung S4 has better battery performance than the Moto X.

Fourth, not here to bust bubbles, just happened glance through and saw the super praise for this phone. Shucks, if the OP says it is better than the Note 3, I want to know about and make preparations to get one..

However, after investigating, not the case..The Note 3 is an S4 on steriods..

BTW, I saw this on youtube..

12-09-2013 09:31 AM

Second, I like to see the kind of response you would get if you post the EXACT SAME post, but in EACH of the phones that you say the Moto X bested, their forum.

Third, while the Moto X is an excellent phone, it doesn't have sd card support or removable battery.. BTW the Samsung S4 has better battery performance than the Moto X.

Fourth, not here to bust bubbles, just happened glance through and saw the super praise for this phone. Shucks, if the OP says it is better than the Note 3, I want to know about and make preparations to get one..

Not OP but some guy in another thread posted about the Moto X on iMore, not even AC and while it didn't get as much praise, there wasn't much hate on it

Posted via Android Central App
    12-09-2013 10:01 AM

That's the beauty of Android. Choices are great. I loved my Note 2 and also had the S4 for about 3 months. I will take the Moto X over the S4 every time. There are no features on the S4 that I want over the features on the Moto X. Again that is my preference. I have only had the Moto X for two days, but if those two days are any indication of the battery life/usage then it is at least on par with, if not better than, the S4 that I had. Both are very good. As far as the Note 3, I agree with you. It is on a whole different level. If you need the features of the Note 3, then it is a better choice. If you don't then I think the Moto X is one of the best devices on the market. I chose the Moto X over the Note 3 right now. We will see how I feel in a month, but I felt the Moto X deserved a shot and I am very glad I made this choice. It just does so many things that are useful really well. Choices are awesome.
    12-09-2013 10:02 AM
    My mom bought a Moto X last week and I went over to her house to help her set it up. I absolutely fell in love with it, but I already had my Nexus 5 on the way and I purchased that just before the Cyber Monday deal was announced on the Moto X. Anyway, I absolutely love my Nexus but when my mom has questions and I help her with something on the X, i'm still very impressed. I think the Moto X is the best and the N5 is RIGHT behind it tied with the Note 3.
    12-09-2013 10:46 AM
    That's the beauty of Android. Choices are great. I loved my Note 2 and also had the S4 for about 3 months. I will take the Moto X over the S4 every time. There are no features on the S4 that I want over the features on the Moto X. Again that is my preference. I have only had the Moto X for two days, but if those two days are any indication of the battery life/usage then it is at least on par with, if not better than, the S4 that I had. Both are very good. As far as the Note 3, I agree with you. It is on a whole different level. If you need the features of the Note 3, then it is a better choice. If you don't then I think the Moto X is one of the best devices on the market. I chose the Moto X over the Note 3 right now. We will see how I feel in a month, but I felt the Moto X deserved a shot and I am very glad I made this choice. It just does so many things that are useful really well. Choices are awesome.
    Thanks for that reply. Wasn't trying to bust bubbles, but the OP had mentioned the Note 3.., so I felt that a respectful reply was okay. Mind you, the Moto X is some phone. In fact, the smartphones now are making quantum leaps in the period of just months...I had a S4, and returned it because I wanted more internal memory, and wanted to stay with Tmobile.. The S4 is awesome. If the Moto X can be even compared with the S4 it is has got to be good. The Note 3 does everything the S4 and better..

Getting back to the Moto X, a great phone, a real great phone, but to say it is busting down all those big names, IMO a little over the top..

Also, I understand, that people can rate something entirely different and they all be CORRECT. That seems like the case here. The Moto X has pushed all the right buttons for the OP, and that is great.. But, it is not kicking everybody's ****.. It is a winner for the OP.. Great, great phone.... One thing for sure, with this sort of heat competition, Apple better watch out.. Look at what is happening to Blackberry!!

We are lucky to have such great choices...
    cwbcpa likes this.
    12-09-2013 12:32 PM
    Moto X it's way over hyped. To you it is the best. It doesn't make it the best

12-09-2013 12:36 PM
    *opens video*
    *sees it's from August*
    *closes YouTube*
    phositadc and revtech like this.
    12-09-2013 12:38 PM
    Moto X it's way over hyped. To you it is the best. It doesn't make it the best

It's underrated if you ask me. The other phones the OP mentioned are over hyped

cwbcpa and bigdaddytee like this.
    12-09-2013 12:51 PM
    Lots of money you got there sir.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 01:03 PM
    Lots of money you got there sir.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    Nope, just buy and re-sell on Swappa or Craiglist.

Thanks man, I try to just accurately sum up what it was like using each device and which one was the best for me. In the end, these are all just my opinions and findings. The Moto X was the best device for me, but it may be different for you or for someone else.

Now, to answer your questions:

I posted this here because those other phones are overhyped and get more than enough praise, while the Moto X get's far less. For this reason, more people seem to be weary on buying a Moto X and often wonder how it compares to the other high-end phones. This wasn't a post to bash the other phones, this was just my experience using each of those phones. Speaking of the S4, though, I owned that for about 4 months and was constantly flashing ROMs and kernels to try and get the best battery life out of it. In the end, the best I could manage was 4 hours of screen-on time with 14-16 hours unplugged. That's good and all, but on the first day of owning my Moto X I was able to get 5.5 hours of screen-on time with 16 hours of usage. That's quite a bit better than my S4 and it also was much better of an experience solely because it didn't lag all the time.

I didn't say anything about the SD card slot and removable battery because they are aren't important to me. The Note 3, as you said, is just a blown up S4. It was way too big for me, I didn't have an use for the S-Pen, battery life was not what I was expecting after being told it was amazing, and the camera was a downgrade from the S4. Honestly, though, the Note 3 and the Moto X are two phones that were built for two very different people. It's definitely the best phablet out there, but it's not the best phone, in my opinion.
    12-09-2013 02:47 PM
    Good helpful review of good phones. My wife loves her Note 3 (she had the 4s) but it's too big for my pocket. I was leaning HTC One but it's old. The MotoX has the same lower keys as my Galaxy Nexus, which I like. I assume the screen of the MotoX is a little bigger. I also don't like my tinny speaker. I'll be checking this phone out next month when I upgrade. We all had the original Droid (with the optional keyboard to wean us from the BB) right?
    12-09-2013 03:32 PM
    The Note 3 is an S4 on steriods..
    And steroids cause testicles to shrink.
    revtech likes this.
    12-09-2013 04:30 PM
    My main issue is the camera on this thing. Other than that it is a great phone. Coming from an iPhone and an S4, the camera just leaves a lot to be desired. I like the interface and the quick ability to take pictures, those features are phenomenal. But the pictures that are produced are lacking to me.

Thanks for your opinion and write-up. I always appreciate the "common man's" review. Especially from another habitual trader like myself.
    12-09-2013 04:31 PM
    And steroids cause testicles to shrink.
    But they return to size when you get rid of them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 04:52 PM
    Awesome reviews! Only thing I question is the bad battery life experience on iphone 5 & 5s...my wife has a 5 and the battery life is sensational.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-09-2013 05:06 PM
    Honestly, though, the Note 3 and the Moto X are two phones that were built for two very different people.
    This x1000
    12-09-2013 05:29 PM
    Awesome reviews! Only thing I question is the bad battery life experience on iphone 5 & 5s...my wife has a 5 and the battery life is sensational.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app
    I had a feeling mine was defective so I got it replaced... Three times lol. Had 3 different iPhone 5s's didn't restore from a backup on any of them to make sure it wasn't something bad transferring over. Also turned off tons of features, but that made no difference.
    12-09-2013 05:44 PM
    It's not just the OP.

http://m.androidcentral.com/best-and...-november-2013

12-09-2013 05:59 PM
    Indeed. And there was quite a bit of butthurt in the comments section for that article.
    12-09-2013 06:04 PM
    It all comes down to personal preferences. I currently have the GS3 but have no really desire for another Galaxy product. This is MY opinion but how anyone can carry around a Note is well beyond me. That thing is HUGE and way to big. But it's a big seller so there are obviously a lot of people out there willing to lug that thing around.

I can't wait for my X to come in. It may not do everything perfectly but it seems to do most things well. I already have a Meenova so the SD card issue isn't that big of a deal.
    12-09-2013 07:12 PM
    I already have a Meenova so the SD card issue isn't that big of a deal.
    Lack of SD card isn't an issue to me because I understand the phone is a mobile device and not meant to store my entire collection of everything I've ever wanted to watch, listen to, read, or look at.
    revtech and benhmadison like this.
    12-09-2013 07:17 PM
    Lack of SD card isn't an issue to me because I understand the phone is a mobile device and not meant to store my entire collection of everything I've ever wanted to watch, listen to, read, or look at.
    No, but it's nice to have a decent collection of music on hand, especially when I fly and streaming isn't an option. Of course some people are connected 24/7 but there are times for me when that's not possible.
    12-09-2013 07:50 PM
    It all comes down to personal preferences. I currently have the GS3 but have no really desire for another Galaxy product. This is MY opinion but how anyone can carry around a Note is well beyond me. That thing is HUGE and way to big. But it's a big seller so there are obviously a lot of people out there willing to lug that thing around.

I can't wait for my X to come in. It may not do everything perfectly but it seems to do most things well. I already have a Meenova so the SD card issue isn't that big of a deal.
    That's pretty much the conclusion I came to. It was just too much, and just like you, I no longer wanted another Galaxy after owning an S4 for a few months. I just gave it a shot because I had it and figured why not?
    12-09-2013 07:51 PM
    What about ANY of the Motorola DROID phones. They are all way better than the X
    12-09-2013 07:58 PM
121 1234 ...