12-10-2013 04:00 PM
121 12345
tools
    What about ANY of the Motorola DROID phones. They are all way better than the X
    Suboptimal form factor, preloaded DROID sounds, not updated as quickly as the Moto X...yeah, no.
    12-09-2013 07:01 PM
    What makes the Droid Ultra better than the Moto X: Being limited to Verizon? No 32 GB option? No MotoMaker? The slick plastic non-Kevlar back?

Otherwise, it's a Moto X with capacitive buttons and an industrial style that has more of a niche appeal.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
    12-09-2013 07:10 PM
    Not really. Aside from the battery the Moto X is better in every way. Form factor, performance, updates and camera etc.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-09-2013 07:21 PM
    The only Droid that is maybe better than the Moto X is the Droid MAXX. The Ultra is pointless and the Mini is just the Ultra shrunk down to be even more compact, but even then, the Mini makes more sense than the Ultra.
    dmark44 likes this.
    12-09-2013 08:57 PM
    Don't forget that due to Verizon's bloat the updates for the Droid line up will come much slower than the X. It could be months longer.
    12-09-2013 10:00 PM
    The only Droid that is maybe better than the Moto X is the Droid MAXX. The Ultra is pointless and the Mini is just the Ultra shrunk down to be even more compact, but even then, the Mini makes more sense than the Ultra.
    Aren't they all basically the same phone? With battery size being the only difference?

12-09-2013 10:13 PM
    Not really. Aside from the battery the Moto X is better in every way. Form factor, performance, updates and camera etc.

How do you figure that performance is better than a Maxx? Or camera?
    12-09-2013 11:07 PM
    N Honestly, though, the Note 3 and the Moto X are two phones that were built for two very different people. It's definitely the best phablet out there, but it's not the best phone, in my opinion.
    Can't put it any better than that!!
    12-09-2013 11:11 PM
    It all comes down to personal preferences. I currently have the GS3 but have no really desire for another Galaxy product. This is MY opinion but how anyone can carry around a Note is well beyond me. That thing is HUGE and way to big. But it's a big seller so there are obviously a lot of people out there willing to lug that thing around.

I can't wait for my X to come in. It may not do everything perfectly but it seems to do most things well. I already have a Meenova so the SD card issue isn't that big of a deal.
    Just like the Moto X hits the spot for the OP, the Note 3 hits the spot for me. As far as carrying it around, I carry it double cased, and in my backpack when I am on my bicycle, and in the small trunk when I am on my motorcycle. I am not going to say "I don't see how somebody can carry around the Moto X", because I have sense enough, and so does the OP, that different people have different needs. Just be you can't see it why somebody does something doesn't hold water. You looking with tunnel vision, or shall I say, your own vision.. We are all different..
    12-09-2013 11:19 PM
    Aren't they all basically the same phone? With battery size being the only difference?

The Droid MAXX and Ultra are the same phone except for battery size, build quality, and storage space. The Mini is literally the Ultra just shrunk down to have a 4.3" display for those who like smaller phones (I'm also not entirely sure, but I think the Mini also has better build quality than the Ultra). That's why the Mini actually makes sense. The Ultra, is just pointless. It's worse than the Mini and MAXX in terms of battery life and there are no real benefits of owning it. Really don't understand what the point of it is.
    12-10-2013 12:04 AM
    Just like the Moto X hits the spot for the OP, the Note 3 hits the spot for me. As far as carrying it around, I carry it double cased, and in my backpack when I am on my bicycle, and in the small trunk when I am on my motorcycle. I am not going to say "I don't see how somebody can carry around the Moto X", because I have sense enough, and so does the OP, that different people have different needs. Just be you can't see it why somebody does something doesn't hold water. You looking with tunnel vision, or shall I say, your own vision.. We are all different..
    You happen to gloss over the parts where I said that it's all up to personal preference and that this was MY opinion. I also said that the Note is a good seller so there are obviously a lot of people that seem to like the size.

So basically you took a part of my post that you didn't like and attempted to twist the meaning of the entire post. Why, I don't know.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    12-10-2013 06:44 AM
    So, a 4.7 inch 720p screen, 2200mAh battery and 1.7GHz DUAL core processor is your idea of the perfect smartphone in late 2013, almost 2014. Who can argue with logic like that. Thanks for your assessment but I think I'll stay with my 2013 hardware. (G2 and 1520)
    12-10-2013 08:45 AM
    So, a 4.7 inch 720p screen, 2200mAh battery and 1.7GHz DUAL core processor is your idea of the perfect smartphone in late 2013, almost 2014. Who can argue with logic like that. Thanks for your assessment but I think I'll stay with my 2013 hardware. (G2 and 1520)
    Again, it's personal preference. But FYI, both Ars Technica and Android Central are calling the Moto X the best overall Android phone you can buy right now.

12-10-2013 08:50 AM
    Some people will never be able to see past a spec sheet. That's ok. It's their preference. I have owned all these high spec phones and I can confirm that the Moto X runs as good and in some cases better. Nothing against those phones though. There are some awesome choices out right now. That is the benefit of Android. Lots of choices and right now they are pretty good.

Sent from my Moto X
    dmark44, UJ95x and Paisley like this.
    12-10-2013 08:56 AM
    Some people will never be able to see past a spec sheet.
    End of story.
    12-10-2013 09:06 AM
    You happen to gloss over the parts where I said that it's all up to personal preference and that this was MY opinion. I also said that the Note is a good seller so there are obviously a lot of people that seem to like the size.

So basically you took a part of my post that you didn't like and attempted to twist the meaning of the entire post. Why, I don't know.

I got lost with your interpretation and your explanation!

The reason I got lost, was because it seemed like you said a lot to say nothing..

Why, I don't know???

Let's leave it at that, and go our separate ways, and allow the OP to have a nice thread full of informative info..

You have the distinction of being the first I put on ignore..

Bye!!!
    12-10-2013 09:39 AM
    End of story.
    There are several people in this thread who have the opinion that it's all about specs.

12-10-2013 10:26 AM
    Generally, I like Motorola products but something about the front of the X turns me off. I cant quite pin it down. I may be misinterpreting what I thought I saw but it was like there was a ring of shiny plastic that framed the display.

Optimus G Pro
    Sophos likes this.
    12-10-2013 10:41 AM
    Generally, I like Motorola products but something about the front of the X turns me off. I cant quite pin it down. I may be misinterpreting what I thought I saw but it was like there was a ring of shiny plastic that framed the display.

Optimus G Pro
    It's more noticeable on the white one

12-10-2013 10:46 AM
    I agree with you, however, to the OP, these specs are right down their ally..Just the point that OP said that the Moto X is better than this, that and so so, is very, very subjective. It is better to the OP and others that those specs and features are right for them..The choices are getting better. The competition is hot, makes it better for users big time..
    cwbcpa likes this.
    12-10-2013 11:06 AM
    I agree with you, however, to the OP, these specs are right down their ally..Just the point that OP said that the Moto X is better than this, that and so so, is very, very subjective. It is better to the OP and others that those specs and features are right for them..The choices are getting better. The competition is hot, makes it better for users big time..
    I think you're missing the point a lot of people here are trying to make. We don't care about the specs. The phone performs just as well, if not better than all of the other phones mentioned by the OP.
    The only thing the X is lacking, is the camera. Everything else in this phone is just as good as it is on the other flagships with top of the line specs.
    12-10-2013 11:22 AM
    I think you're missing the point a lot of people here are trying to make. We don't care about the specs. The phone performs just as well, if not better than all of the other phones mentioned by the OP.
    The only thing the X is lacking, is the camera. Everything else in this phone is just as good as it is on the other flagships with top of the line specs.
    Well, suppose I don't use the term "spec" and say what this phone does, the people here like, is that okay? Also, what it does doesn't necessary have to be top notch! Is that okay too?

What is it, a person has a contrary view and they have to be "missing the point"???
    12-10-2013 11:33 AM
    This year I have owned the HTC One, LG Optimus G Pro, Galaxy Note 3, and the Moto X along side my iPhone 5/5S. And I must say the Moto X is the best performing android phone I have ever owned, almost on par with my iPhone.

The software runs just so smooth and polished. Even apps work perfectly. It just works. I also really love the added features Moto put, active display is probably my favorite along with assist. And touch less controls controls have been far more useful than I thought they would be, especially when driving.

After using all those heavily skinned and larger phones, using the Moto X has been a breath of fresh air, and its amazing that it has the same screen size of my old HTC One in a frame just slightly larger than my iPhone.

While I do wish this had the specs of my Note 3, the fact that this runs smoother and without any hiccups makes up for it. The big question now is if I keep my Moto X or go back to my Note 3, there are definite times I miss the larger screen, but I love the software on the X.
    bd1212 and huntnyc like this.
    12-10-2013 11:38 AM

Optimus G Pro
    Its because there is. Its barely noticeable on the black, but on the white it really stands out.
    12-10-2013 11:39 AM
    Well, suppose I don't use the term "spec" and say what this phone does, the people here like, is that okay? Also, what it does doesn't necessary have to be top notch! Is that okay too?
    Okay, but then you would seem to be missing the fact that the Moto X does everything excellently--and better than many higher specced phones.

I know that many of you refuse to believe that, but it's true.
    12-10-2013 12:03 PM
121 12345