I've owned nearly all of the high-end smartphones, here are my thoughts. (Hint: Moto X is best)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyB

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Awesome reviews! Only thing I question is the bad battery life experience on iphone 5 & 5s...my wife has a 5 and the battery life is sensational.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Awesome reviews! Only thing I question is the bad battery life experience on iphone 5 & 5s...my wife has a 5 and the battery life is sensational.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

I had a feeling mine was defective so I got it replaced... Three times lol. Had 3 different iPhone 5s's didn't restore from a backup on any of them to make sure it wasn't something bad transferring over. Also turned off tons of features, but that made no difference.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
It all comes down to personal preferences. I currently have the GS3 but have no really desire for another Galaxy product. This is MY opinion but how anyone can carry around a Note is well beyond me. That thing is HUGE and way to big. But it's a big seller so there are obviously a lot of people out there willing to lug that thing around.

I can't wait for my X to come in. It may not do everything perfectly but it seems to do most things well. I already have a Meenova so the SD card issue isn't that big of a deal.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I already have a Meenova so the SD card issue isn't that big of a deal.

Lack of SD card isn't an issue to me because I understand the phone is a mobile device and not meant to store my entire collection of everything I've ever wanted to watch, listen to, read, or look at.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Lack of SD card isn't an issue to me because I understand the phone is a mobile device and not meant to store my entire collection of everything I've ever wanted to watch, listen to, read, or look at.

No, but it's nice to have a decent collection of music on hand, especially when I fly and streaming isn't an option. Of course some people are connected 24/7 but there are times for me when that's not possible.

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
It all comes down to personal preferences. I currently have the GS3 but have no really desire for another Galaxy product. This is MY opinion but how anyone can carry around a Note is well beyond me. That thing is HUGE and way to big. But it's a big seller so there are obviously a lot of people out there willing to lug that thing around.

I can't wait for my X to come in. It may not do everything perfectly but it seems to do most things well. I already have a Meenova so the SD card issue isn't that big of a deal.

That's pretty much the conclusion I came to. It was just too much, and just like you, I no longer wanted another Galaxy after owning an S4 for a few months. I just gave it a shot because I had it and figured why not?

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
What about ANY of the Motorola DROID phones. They are all way better than the X

What makes the Droid Ultra better than the Moto X: Being limited to Verizon? No 32 GB option? No MotoMaker? The slick plastic non-Kevlar back?

Otherwise, it's a Moto X with capacitive buttons and an industrial style that has more of a niche appeal.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Not really. Aside from the battery the Moto X is better in every way. Form factor, performance, updates and camera etc.

Posted via Android Central App

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

The only Droid that is maybe better than the Moto X is the Droid MAXX. The Ultra is pointless and the Mini is just the Ultra shrunk down to be even more compact, but even then, the Mini makes more sense than the Ultra.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Don't forget that due to Verizon's bloat the updates for the Droid line up will come much slower than the X. It could be months longer.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The only Droid that is maybe better than the Moto X is the Droid MAXX. The Ultra is pointless and the Mini is just the Ultra shrunk down to be even more compact, but even then, the Mini makes more sense than the Ultra.

Aren't they all basically the same phone? With battery size being the only difference?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Just like the Moto X hits the spot for the OP, the Note 3 hits the spot for me. As far as carrying it around, I carry it double cased, and in my backpack when I am on my bicycle, and in the small trunk when I am on my motorcycle. I am not going to say "I don't see how somebody can carry around the Moto X", because I have sense enough, and so does the OP, that different people have different needs. Just be you can't see it why somebody does something doesn't hold water. You looking with tunnel vision, or shall I say, your own vision.. We are all different.. :D

bd1212

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Aren't they all basically the same phone? With battery size being the only difference?

The Droid MAXX and Ultra are the same phone except for battery size, build quality, and storage space. The Mini is literally the Ultra just shrunk down to have a 4.3" display for those who like smaller phones (I'm also not entirely sure, but I think the Mini also has better build quality than the Ultra). That's why the Mini actually makes sense. The Ultra, is just pointless. It's worse than the Mini and MAXX in terms of battery life and there are no real benefits of owning it. Really don't understand what the point of it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12