I've owned nearly all of the high-end smartphones, here are my thoughts. (Hint: Moto X is best)

Status
Not open for further replies.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just like the Moto X hits the spot for the OP, the Note 3 hits the spot for me. As far as carrying it around, I carry it double cased, and in my backpack when I am on my bicycle, and in the small trunk when I am on my motorcycle. I am not going to say "I don't see how somebody can carry around the Moto X", because I have sense enough, and so does the OP, that different people have different needs. Just be you can't see it why somebody does something doesn't hold water. You looking with tunnel vision, or shall I say, your own vision.. We are all different.. :D

You happen to gloss over the parts where I said that it's all up to personal preference and that this was MY opinion. I also said that the Note is a good seller so there are obviously a lot of people that seem to like the size.

So basically you took a part of my post that you didn't like and attempted to twist the meaning of the entire post. Why, I don't know.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
So, a 4.7 inch 720p screen, 2200mAh battery and 1.7GHz DUAL core processor is your idea of the perfect smartphone in late 2013, almost 2014. Who can argue with logic like that. Thanks for your assessment but I think I'll stay with my 2013 hardware. (G2 and 1520)

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So, a 4.7 inch 720p screen, 2200mAh battery and 1.7GHz DUAL core processor is your idea of the perfect smartphone in late 2013, almost 2014. Who can argue with logic like that. Thanks for your assessment but I think I'll stay with my 2013 hardware. (G2 and 1520)

Again, it's personal preference. But FYI, both Ars Technica and Android Central are calling the Moto X the best overall Android phone you can buy right now.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Some people will never be able to see past a spec sheet. That's ok. It's their preference. I have owned all these high spec phones and I can confirm that the Moto X runs as good and in some cases better. Nothing against those phones though. There are some awesome choices out right now. That is the benefit of Android. Lots of choices and right now they are pretty good.

Sent from my Moto X

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
You happen to gloss over the parts where I said that it's all up to personal preference and that this was MY opinion. I also said that the Note is a good seller so there are obviously a lot of people that seem to like the size.

So basically you took a part of my post that you didn't like and attempted to twist the meaning of the entire post. Why, I don't know.

I got lost with your interpretation and your explanation!

The reason I got lost, was because it seemed like you said a lot to say nothing..

Why, I don't know???

Let's leave it at that, and go our separate ways, and allow the OP to have a nice thread full of informative info..

You have the distinction of being the first I put on ignore..

Bye!!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Generally, I like Motorola products but something about the front of the X turns me off. I can?t quite pin it down. I may be misinterpreting what I thought I saw but it was like there was a ring of shiny plastic that framed the display.

Optimus G Pro

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Generally, I like Motorola products but something about the front of the X turns me off. I can?t quite pin it down. I may be misinterpreting what I thought I saw but it was like there was a ring of shiny plastic that framed the display.

Optimus G Pro

It's more noticeable on the white one

Posted via Android Central App

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I agree with you, however, to the OP, these specs are right down their ally..Just the point that OP said that the Moto X is better than this, that and so so, is very, very subjective. It is better to the OP and others that those specs and features are right for them..The choices are getting better. The competition is hot, makes it better for users big time..

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I agree with you, however, to the OP, these specs are right down their ally..Just the point that OP said that the Moto X is better than this, that and so so, is very, very subjective. It is better to the OP and others that those specs and features are right for them..The choices are getting better. The competition is hot, makes it better for users big time..
I think you're missing the point a lot of people here are trying to make. We don't care about the specs. The phone performs just as well, if not better than all of the other phones mentioned by the OP.
The only thing the X is lacking, is the camera. Everything else in this phone is just as good as it is on the other flagships with top of the line specs.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I think you're missing the point a lot of people here are trying to make. We don't care about the specs. The phone performs just as well, if not better than all of the other phones mentioned by the OP.
The only thing the X is lacking, is the camera. Everything else in this phone is just as good as it is on the other flagships with top of the line specs.

Well, suppose I don't use the term "spec" and say what this phone does, the people here like, is that okay? Also, what it does doesn't necessary have to be top notch! Is that okay too?

What is it, a person has a contrary view and they have to be "missing the point"???

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
This year I have owned the HTC One, LG Optimus G Pro, Galaxy Note 3, and the Moto X along side my iPhone 5/5S. And I must say the Moto X is the best performing android phone I have ever owned, almost on par with my iPhone.

The software runs just so smooth and polished. Even apps work perfectly. It just works. I also really love the added features Moto put, active display is probably my favorite along with assist. And touch less controls controls have been far more useful than I thought they would be, especially when driving.

After using all those heavily skinned and larger phones, using the Moto X has been a breath of fresh air, and its amazing that it has the same screen size of my old HTC One in a frame just slightly larger than my iPhone.

While I do wish this had the specs of my Note 3, the fact that this runs smoother and without any hiccups makes up for it. The big question now is if I keep my Moto X or go back to my Note 3, there are definite times I miss the larger screen, but I love the software on the X.

fernandez21

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site

Optimus G Pro

Its because there is. Its barely noticeable on the black, but on the white it really stands out.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, suppose I don't use the term "spec" and say what this phone does, the people here like, is that okay? Also, what it does doesn't necessary have to be top notch! Is that okay too?

Okay, but then you would seem to be missing the fact that the Moto X does everything excellently--and better than many higher specced phones.

I know that many of you refuse to believe that, but it's true.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

lol specs.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
lol specs.

Be patient.

For what seems like a millennium we were taught by oems and the press that specs is what counted when assessing an android device. Now Moto comes, poops the X, and everyone's supposed to forget the importance of specs and focus on the "experience", kinda like what Apple has been preaching since the beginning. It may take a little while for that to catch on.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Hey spec heads,

This "mid-range" smartphone with "last year's specs" is making your powerhouse phablets look silly. Best to close your eyes, cover your ears, and pretend it's all a bad dream.

zobog

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
I know I don't go to note3 or galaxy s forums and whine and troll that the Moto x is better then their phone. Why the he'll do they come here and do it? Pfft.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I know I don't go to note3 or galaxy s forums and whine and troll that the Moto x is better then their phone. Why the he'll do they come here and do it? Pfft.

See my post above.

...and a lot of Note 3 owners may have a superiority complex issue thinggy going on. [RHETORICAL]I mean, the Note 3 has (very high-end if not) the best specs so how could it not be the best phone? [/RHETORICAL] Again, see my post above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC