I've owned nearly all of the high-end smartphones, here are my thoughts. (Hint: Moto X is best)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
...and a lot of Note 3 owners may have a superiority complex issue thinggy going on. [RHETORICAL]I mean, the Note 3 has (very high-end if not) the best specs so how could it not be the best phone? [/RHETORICAL] Again, see my post above.
I'm not sure the Note 3 crowd is wowed by the specs, they're all about the big screen. My wife ditched her 4S for the bigger screen. She'll never touch the stylus and doesn't know all the camera modes, she just reads her email, txt, and browses with it. The Moto X sounds like my next phone. And BTW I saw some phone today that's bigger than the Note3, looked like a white Samsung (I didn't get a chance to ask him what it was). It was in some big plastic case and it looked about 4 inches wide! WTF was that thing? It was freaking huge. :'(

Cocophone

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
The moto x is a good fit for me. Its not too large so it fits in my pocket, fast enough, and good software features. Only thing I wish for is a better camera.

sent from my Moto X

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I know I don't go to note3 or galaxy s forums and whine and troll that the Moto x is better then their phone. Why the he'll do they come here and do it? Pfft.

Posted via Android Central App

I never understood that mindset. It may that they feel the need to justify their purchase to themselves by trying to berate others choices.

See my post above.

...and a lot of Note 3 owners may have a superiority complex issue thinggy going on. [RHETORICAL]I mean, the Note 3 has (very high-end if not) the best specs so how could it not be the best phone? [/RHETORICAL] Again, see my post above.

It's not just Note owners but Galaxy owners in general. I remember when the Galaxy Nexus came out at the same time the Razr did. I had just picked up the Razr and all of the GN fanboys came to the Rzar forum bashing it. Same when the GS3 and to a lesser extent the GS4. I can't comment on the Note phone owners because I never hand an interest in buying one so I never felt the need to browse the Note forums. This may merely be anecdotal but it's the way I see it.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
It's not just Note owners but Galaxy owners in general. I remember when the Galaxy Nexus came out at the same time the Razr did. I had just picked up the Razr and all of the GN fanboys came to the Rzar forum bashing it. Same when the GS3 and to a lesser extent the GS4. I can't comment on the Note phone owners because I never hand an interest in buying one so I never felt the need to browse the Note forums. This may merely be anecdotal but it's the way I see it.

Maybe they're just compensating. lol.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The moto x is a good fit for me. Its not too large so it fits in my pocket, fast enough, and good software features. Only thing I wish for is a better camera.

sent from my Moto X

That is the absolute worst thing about this phone. It is perfect otherwise.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
This thread is the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a long time. The bottom line is this. A few people have fallen in love with a medium spec phone for their own reasons. Cool, that's great. Before I bought my LG G2 I was using a brand new Note 1. I bought it off ebay, still sealed in the box and I loved that phone. It had a dual core processor and 1GB of RAM. Was it cutting edge technology, no, but I still enjoyed using it. I'm sure the Moto X is a great phone BUT, it is not in the same league as the Note 3 or G2. To claim that it is is simply ridiculous. Whether you like it or not, specs matter. Higher resolution screens, faster processors and larger batteries have always mattered, that hasn't changed. If you are a Moto X fan, great, carry on, but arguing that it is somehow superior to the 1080p, Snapdragon 800 beasts with 3000+ mAh batteries makes you seem rather brainwashed.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
This thread is the most ridiculous thread I've seen in a long time. The bottom line is this. A few people have fallen in love with a medium spec phone for their own reasons. Cool, that's great. Before I bought my LG G2 I was using a brand new Note 1. I bought it off ebay, still sealed in the box and I loved that phone. It had a dual core processor and 1GB of RAM. Was it cutting edge technology, no, but I still enjoyed using it. I'm sure the Moto X is a great phone BUT, it is not in the same league as the Note 3 or G2. To claim that it is is simply ridiculous. Whether you like it or not, specs matter. Higher resolution screens, faster processors and larger batteries have always mattered, that hasn't changed. If you are a Moto X fan, great, carry on, but arguing that it is somehow superior to the 1080p, Snapdragon 800 beasts with 3000+ mAh batteries makes you seem rather brainwashed.

The brainwashed one is you...

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
The brainwashed one is you...

Brainwashed because I think a higher resolution screen, faster processor and bigger battery is better?? Seriously?? So mediocrity is the new awesome. Nice to know.

There's no shame in loving a dual-core, 720p, 2200 mAh phone!!. Embrace your mediocrity.

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I know I don't go to note3 or galaxy s forums and whine and troll that the Moto x is better then their phone. Why the he'll do they come here and do it? Pfft.

Did you read the title of this thread???

I've owned nearly all of the high-end smartphones, here are my thoughts. (Hint: Moto X is best)

That was an invitation.....

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Moto X fans, you love the little phone with the slow processor, little battery and outdated screen!! Great. Quit trying to justify that love by claiming that high end specs don't matter. It makes you look delusional.

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I can't recall EVER seeing 2 different sites call a medium spec phone the best available all around phone until the X was released. Medium spec or not, no other phone is being called the best right now except the X. I doubt that will last past the release of the X2 though.

Galaxy trolls gotta keep trolling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Why does it matter whether or not the press says one phone is or is not the best all around? Does that opinion make the phone somehow more enjoyable? Please explain. Some like the moto X some prefer the Note 3. I happen to have an Optimus G Pro and G2. I just never gave it any thought as to whether or not either one was thought to be the best all around. Suppose those in the press doing the judging have different criteria and priorities than I do.

gp8.3

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
lol. it's the Galaxy Mega.
That thing's HUGE, the guy got a phone call and I couldn't see his head when he put it to his ear lol. You probably have to squeegy the oil from your face off the thing after you talk on it. Hey, does it cost any extra to get the Moto Works custom back/trim thing, and can a standard Verizon dealer do that or only from Motorola's website? Seriously, marketers find that if they give you 3 options you're more likely to pick the middle priced one, if they give you 2 you tend to pick the cheapest. So the Mega might be a way for Sammy to sell the Notes to more people. Maybe. And when's the X2 due out?

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Why does it matter whether or not the press says one phone is or is not the best all around? Does that opinion make the phone somehow more enjoyable? Please explain. Some like the moto X some prefer the Note 3. I happen to have an Optimus G Pro and G2. I just never gave it any thought as to whether or not either one was thought to be the best all around. Suppose those in the press doing the judging have different criteria and priorities than I do.

gp8.3

G2 rules:)

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
Moto X fans, you love the little phone with the slow processor, little battery and outdated screen!! Great. Quit trying to justify that love by claiming that high end specs don't matter. It makes you look delusional.

High end specs only do matter when the phone has a manufacturer skin and runs lots of added manufacturer/carriers bloat apps. One needs the highest processor to not be slowed down by skins/bloat. A 1080 versus a 720 screen would never be noticeable to the majority of people out there. The Moto X's little battery can run just as long as a Note 3 or G2.

If you put the Moto X side by side with the Note 3, G2, Nexus 5 or any other "high end spec" android phone out there, you would not see any speed difference running most apps or games. Actually, there are a lot of android sites that have done just that, side-by-side comparisons between various flagship phones and the Moto X runs toe-to-toe with all of them.

I really woudn't call people who use the phone on a daily basis or reviews who publish comparison articles/videos delusional. They seem to have real world experience with the devices as opposed to reading a spec sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22