Micro to Nano SIM

chiefandrews

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for my Moto X to arrive and got to thinking about my SIM. Has anybody used a SIM cutting tool? I currently have a Nexus 4 with an AIO micro SIM. I called them last week and they said I had to do a request to port my number to get a new SIM? What?!? I'm already with you guys, why do I need to "port" my number? So then I just wondered if I can cut the sim? Has anyone else done this? Were you successful? Any other suggestions?

Thanks! !

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm waiting for my Moto X to arrive and got to thinking about my SIM. Has anybody used a SIM cutting tool? I currently have a Nexus 4 with an AIO micro SIM. I called them last week and they said I had to do a request to port my number to get a new SIM? What?!? I'm already with you guys, why do I need to "port" my number? So then I just wondered if I can cut the sim? Has anyone else done this? Were you successful? Any other suggestions?

Thanks! !
http://www.droid-life.com/2013/08/07/how-to-cut-a-micro-sim-into-a-nano-sim-for-your-moto-x/

here is what i did last year when i moved from normal SIM to Micro SIM. I went to ATT store and asked for a SIM. they gave me one free and asked me to call them when i get the new phone to activate... I activated the new sim a week later

tgp

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2011
Visit site

Thanks! !

Yup, I've used them. Just look for a nano SIM cutter on eBay or Amazon and buy.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks! !

I went to AT&T and got a nano sim, pretty simple. Took just a few minutes. I ordered a sim adapter from Amazon so I can swap sims with a phone that uses a micro sim.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781