12-18-2013 04:33 PM
28 12
tools
    Switched a week ago. The Moto X is the best user experience I've had with android. And I've been using them since the G1.

Also, the smaller size is a really big factor for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    ethertwist likes this.
    12-18-2013 03:41 PM
    Thank you so much for your response! I've bolded all the aspects I identify with and am looking forward to myself.

I'm coming from a Nexus 4 to a Moto X. Here are the things I miss so far:

1. Wireless Charging (Qi)-- one of my FAVORITE features (of all time). I consider this a must-have and was very sad and annoyed that the MX didn't include this feature.

2. Premium Feel-- I've never had a single problem with the glass back and ABSOLUTELY LOVE the way it feels in my hand. Also the curved screen feels amazing too.

3. Notification Light-- I used LightFlow and had different lights for different notifications, even for different people. I wish the MX had a Notification Light combined with Active Notifications so that I could have the best of both worlds.

4. Huge development community/support-- though the MX is getting community it's not at the levels the N4 is (even at the same release time), currently. Hoping this will change shortly.

And the Moto X has some nice improvements/features over the Nexus 4:

1. Screen-- the MX's screen is leaps and bounds better than the N4's. The N4 looks so washed out and crappy compared to the MX, wow, it's shocking.

2. Phone Call Quality-- WAY BETTER call quality than the N4.

3. Speaker-- much louder, better sounding speakers than the N4. No fear of laying the phone down and sound being completely muffled like the N4.

4. Active Notifications-- it's really nice & I think ALL phones from here on out should have it.

5. LTE-- if you live in the US then you'll want LTE even if you're currently not in an LTE market. (It helps futureproof your purchase and when LTE does go live you don't have to buy a new phone!)

6. Motorola Assist-- very handy feature that I use every day.

7. Motorola Connect-- seeing and replying to texts right from your computer and seeing caller ID without the need for a 3rd party app is amazing.

8. Motorola Migrate-- every phone should have this! Makes switching phones easy as pie!

9. Motorola Skip-- YMMV but I think this is a great option if you have to lock and unlock your phone multiple times a day.

And last, but not least...

10. TOUCHLESS CONTROLS-- Even with the screen off you can still use Google Now to control your phone and answer questions. Love it!
    davidnc likes this.
    12-18-2013 03:54 PM
    My N4 just recently was "destroyed". I dropped it and the glass broken, the phone was unusable because I could not unlock the screen with the glass cracked. This is the first smartphone I have broken, I don't think the drop was more than I have done with other phones. Bad luck I guess.

Anyhow I decided to let my work pay for this phone because I paid for the N4 in June, and didn't want to pay again and my work line was eligible for an upgrade. Unfortunately I could not get a Nexus 5 through the work plan so I got a Moto X.

It is taken me a couple days to get used to the smaller phone. in fact reading this thread I was surprised to find out the the screen size was in fact a lot closer in size. So I was feeling this was a negative. 100% a perception this on my part. That has been the only thing I have missed from the Nexus so far. I know I might miss 1st to get software updates down the line. Also on the nexus I never had to "check with carrier service plans" when turning on Wifi Teathering.

I can tell you this, if google wanted to have a user experience that "just works" to compete with Apple, this is by far the best I have ever had on Android. In my opinion What Motorola has done to make this phone appealing to new users or to win over users from Apple, they did a great job. All the Moto X features are brought up to the user with quick and insightful instructions. Want the phone to not bother you at night, it does that. Want to do the fancy "ok Google" commands, it helps you set it up in 1 minute. My opinion is the phone just screams polish and user friendliness. Because my previous phone was unusable, I didn't even get a Chance to use the Moto data transfer tool. That is another great user feature.

So far I have been impressed. We will see in a year when next Android is released if this phone is "forgotten" and then how I feel about it. That is my biggest concern. My last Moto was a Atrix and it felt abandoned 8 months after it was released.
    ethertwist likes this.
    12-18-2013 04:33 PM
28 12