Hey everybody

I just had a quick question. I'm new to android and I just got a Moto X (someone just gave it to me) but it is a Verizon phone, and I have At&t. Is there any way I could unlock my Moto X to be used on At&t? if so, would you mind providing me with any kind of tutorial? Thanks!
    12-10-2013 05:33 PM
    Hey everybody

I just had a quick question. I'm new to android and I just got a Moto X (someone just gave it to me) but it is a Verizon phone, and I have At&t. Is there any way I could unlock my Moto X to be used on At&t? if so, would you mind providing me with any kind of tutorial? Thanks!
    You can't. Verizon uses CDMA and AT&T uses GSM. They are completely incompatible radio technologies. The phone is useless to you. You could try to sell it, I guess, and put that money towards an AT&T model.
    12-10-2013 05:38 PM
    Hey everybody

The Verizon model is not SIM-locked.
    12-10-2013 05:42 PM
    You can't. Verizon uses CDMA and AT&T uses GSM. They are completely incompatible radio technologies. The phone is useless to you. You could try to sell it, I guess, and put that money towards an AT&T model.
    But the Verizon model has GSM/UMTS radios. And it's unlocked. I don't think you'll get access to AT&T LTE though.
    12-10-2013 05:44 PM
    But the Verizon model has GSM/UMTS radios. And it's unlocked. I don't think you'll get access to AT&T LTE though.
    Well, ****. That'll teach me. :o

If it SIM unlocked (and it looks like it is) you will be able to use it on AT&T. I'm trying to figure out the LTE thing right now.
    12-10-2013 05:50 PM
    Well, ****. That'll teach me. :o

If it SIM unlocked (and it looks like it is) you will be able to use it on AT&T. I'm trying to figure out the LTE thing right now.
    You should be able to use it on AT&T but will not have LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-10-2013 06:10 PM
    Hey everybody

as others have posted - no need to SIM unlock it since it already is. This means that you can pop an ATT SIM card in it and you will be able to make calls, text and get data up to HSPA+ speeds. You will not be able to get data at 4G LTE speeds.

I would sell it and use the proceeds to buy a GSM Moto X.
    12-10-2013 06:38 PM
    THank you all ! You have been very helpful!
    12-10-2013 06:58 PM
    The Verizon moto x will work with Att but will not get LTE. I just tested it with a buddies moto x. It works on 3G.
    12-12-2013 10:38 PM
    One of the few redeeming qualities of Verizon is the fact that they have their on-contract smartphones are GSM unlocked. They started openly supporting it in the original Droid Razr, Maxx, and HTC Rezound days That really helps when you are wanting to sell your old VZW smartphone. There are more potential buyers that can use your old phone on their GSM carrier.

I am curious if VZW supports T-Mobile's crazy 4G (HSPA) spectrum. Does anybody know any details?
    12-13-2013 12:42 AM
    One of the few redeeming qualities of Verizon is the fact that they have their on-contract smartphones are GSM unlocked.
    That isn't a redeeming quality of Verizon; it is an open access restriction in the Block C licenses that was forced on Verizon by the FCC with Google's involvement.

No way Verizon would have ever voluntarily agreed to that.
    UJ95x likes this.
    12-13-2013 12:56 AM
    That isn't a redeeming quality of Verizon; it is an open access restriction in the Block C licenses that was forced on Verizon by the FCC with Google's involvement.

No way Verizon would have ever voluntarily agreed to that.
    I can't argue against that. lol

I'm surprised that they kept the overall experience of the Droid Maxx, Ultra, and Mini so close to the Moto X experience. (hardware differences aside)

The LG G2 was changed hardware-wise for the worst, yet Verizon beats AT&T by allowing you to remove the constant volume and brightness bars in the notification tray.
    12-13-2013 01:10 AM
    It does. I just put a T-Mobile 4G prepaid SIM card in my VZW Moto X 2014. I can do things I couldn't even do on Verizon, like walk and chew gum. I can talk and use data simultaneously, fast 4G speeds, and clear voice calls. Never looking back at big red. Thanks for unlocking your phone's.
    05-09-2015 06:21 PM