MOTO-X...... Definitely not what I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I didn't weight it or check out the specs in regards to weight, but when holding both devices it feels heavier than the N5. And if it does weigh exactly the same then what does that say about the X being the smaller device?
It tells you that the X is smaller. It's a feature of how people judge weight that when two objects weigh the same, the larger one feels lighter.

Anyway, I bought the Moto X because it was the only "full featured" phone on the market that
1) worked on Sprint
2) could be unlocked for international use
3) was small enough to be comfortable in my hands and pockets.

The weight doesn't bother me at all, I can still curl my fingers around it with reasonable comfort.

To each his own.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
or the flimsy thing that LG had won the Nexus bid with. I'll enjoy my REAL Google phone, made by actual googlers who put more features than stock android..

We all appreciate you defending your Moto X as it is a really nice device but you are worse than the OP with these silly comments. I am guessing you haven't used the N5 as it is not flimsy but rock solid. I am not sure who the actual "googlers" are but I can assure you the N5 is still THE Google phone. Notice I am not speaking badly about the Moto X since in my opinion it and the N5 are the best available right now.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Nokia and Motorola have sold over 250 and 200 million phones on one type of phone as well, old Nokia, Motorola razor there more too

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Iphones are ugly. Always have been.

Posted via Android Central App

Agree! I picked up the iPhone 5s as I was activating my Vzw moto x DE... It's so narrow... I don't know how anyone can type on it in portrait mode... I put it down immediately... It hurt my hand with its boxy feel too

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
With all do respect as a member of this Forum I feel that I have a right to my opinion. I purchased a phone that I felt wasn't worth the price I paid compared to what's out there right now in that price range.
I really wanted to like x.. that's why I purchased it already having the Nexus 5. If u don't believe me check my posts prior to that. They were full of pure excitement! Just like a kid on x-mas eve!

I only had the N5 for a week before getting the Moto X. I was ready to return the N5, but felt at that price, the N5 was more of a phone than the Moto-X.
Plus, I knew that a few of u guys were doing the same thing so I thought I was helping out.
I never thought I would upset so many people with my 2 minute review. It's not like I have anything to gain. I don't work for google or nexus/LG.

I'm just a Tech Junkie, Like my father before me!

I will share my sickness with those of u that would care to listen....

Mid last year I had the iPhone 4s... I traded that for the galaxy S3 and 100 dollars. Then a month later the Iphone 5 was released and sprint made me an offer I couldn't refuse, I traded in the S3 and a few 100 bucks so that I can't start a new contract and get the 64gig iPhone.
A month later that phone was stolen from me at a job site. I dropped it somewhere and some lady turned it in to security and he kept it and denied having it. I know this because the whole thing was caught on video. He lost his job over it and i never got the phone back. Since this was around thanksgiving last year I figured the dude losing his job was punishment enough so I didn't get the police involved and left things alone.
So I was back to old faithful... My EVO 3D.
After having a taste of the good life (the S3 and Iphone 5), the Evo wasn't cutting it, so I went over to Verizon and Copped the Razor HD Maxx and ditched Sprint. I loved that phone because I felt that the build Quality at the time, was on par with Apple which I still love to this day.
But after a few weeks, I couldn't get used to Motorola's version of android. Since that was a new phone I jumped on Ebay and sold it for 550.
I then went out and purchased the 32 gig Verizon Iphone 5 straight up from apple and I had that until this summer.
Now I wanted to get the note 2 so I traded the iPhone 5 for the note 2 and 100 bucks to some guy that works for Verizon.
I Had that until guess what??? The S4 came out and it was blowing everything out of the water, so of course like the junkie that I am, I went out and got one for 450 brand new.
Now I have the note 2 and the S4, but guess what's right around the corner???? The "Inspector Gadget Watch" and the Note 3 that's basically the S4 and the Note 2 combined! So Of course I had to get it as a birthday gift to myself. At least that's how I convinced myself.
Now I have 3 phones.... what to do?
I try to sell the S4 and the note 2 on craig's list, but I couldn't get what I wanted for them. Not wanting to take a huge loss, I got rid of the Note 3 as soon as the S4 update came out. This way I can still use My Galaxy gear. Thanks to some of u guys I was able to get the note 3 for 30%off and I sold it for 650 on ebay (shipping not included).
So now I'm down to my note 2 and the S4. I tried selling the Note 2 but since the 3 is out nobody want's it so guess who's the odd phone out???? U guessed it... the S4!
I sell that bad boy for 400 to some guy on craig's list (who turned out to be a really good business contact).
Now I'm free and clear and attending "AA for Cell phone junkies" meetings on a weekly basis.
Thinking I have my addiction beat I fall off the wagon and go buy the Nexus 5. Yup!!!! I'm back at it again!
The selling point for me on the N5 is that I can use it on any carrier except Verizon, it's unlocked and has really good specs for mid range phone. Since with the N5 I can come and go as I please, I ditch Verizon for T-mo.
Now I'm straight right???? Not!!!! Here comes the Cyber Monday deal for the Moto-X!
Now I'm thinking that I can return the N5 and keep the X being that the 16 gig model with the 50 gigs of cloud storage would be a steal, but that wasn't the case for me. I'm more comfortable with a 5'' screen. That feels normal to me.

Now some of u attacked me because I brought up the S5, but If this phone is released with the build quality of the HTC one / iPhone 5S it will be the hottest phone ever. We all know that it will have the best specs out there at the time. Also, all this touch wiz Size and bloat ware talk is just nonsense to me because we all know that we can root the phone and get rid of that garbage. And lets not forget the GPE model that will follow it.

So to those of u who think that I'm "trolling" ur dead wrong. These are just my hands-on experiences. As u can see, I invested a lot to come to this conclusion. I know most of u will think I'm full of it, but I can prove all of this.

Here's an example....

My phones.jpg

FYI... I should be getting my MOTO G later on today. It Never Ends!!!!!

Before u guys kill me on this... It's a xmas present for my Mommy, so don't trip!

Deuces!

CompMan Out!

Last edited:

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
When people say the X is very "customizable" what do they mean? I assume a lot of people use launchers, like Beautiful Widgets, etc. Just curious. Also, since the camera seems to be the weakest feature of the phone has anyone used 3rd party cameras. I use HDR instead of my native camera most of the them because images have more intense color saturation.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
When people say the X is very "customizable" what do they mean? I assume a lot of people use launchers, like Beautiful Widgets, etc. Just curious.

They're referring to MotoMaker and being able to customize the outside appearance of your phone. You can create a phone on Moto's site to your liking and have a "one of a kind" phone. No other phone on the market allows you to do this.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
When people say the X is very "customizable" what do they mean? I assume a lot of people use launchers, like Beautiful Widgets, etc. Just curious.

MotoMaker :p You can choose between white or black frontplate and a bunch of colors for the backplates and accents

thebignewt

May 11, 2010
Visit site
They're referring to MotoMaker and being able to customize the outside appearance of your phone. You can create a phone on Moto's site to your liking and have a "one of a kind" phone. No other phone on the market allows you to do this.
OK thanks. But a lot of people then use a case, which sort of hides the phone back (I have never used one of the shell cases). And hardly anybody roots their phones anymore, that was big like 2-3 years ago for Android. Now you shouldn't have to unless you can't stand the bloatware apps.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
OK thanks. But a lot of people then use a case, which sort of hides the phone back (I have never used one of the shell cases).

There is a case on Moto's site that has a clear back so you can show off some of the goodness. But that's what people were referring to.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
OK thanks. But a lot of people then use a case, which sort of hides the phone back (I have never used one of the shell cases).

Yeah, but I think the people who got a different colored back went with the shell for that specific reason. I'd personally rock the phone without a case if I used Moto Maker :)

dazzer87

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Just another troll people, nothing to see here. Carry on...

Trolling? OP was just saying that the moto x does not fit his needs. You sound hurt that someone doesn't worship the phone.....LoL

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Nokia and Motorola have sold over 250 and 200 million phones on one type of phone as well, old Nokia, Motorola razor there more too

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

Actually, the Razr line sold 130,000,000 units. The Nokia 1110 sold 250,000,000.
Maybe I should have specified smartphones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zalauf