MOTO-X...... Definitely not what I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
So the Samsung is the "corvette of phones"?? lol..thanks man I needed a laugh..you see theres a fanboy born every minute..:D

Posted via Android Central App

I didn't say nothing of the sort. I gave an example of what is going on.. Glad you got a laugh out of that, so did I! :D

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
What is a "real user"? That means some users are fake users. Who are they?

Again, steroids make your balls shrink.

I'm on my phone all through out the day at work checking and writing emails and texts and notes and calendars some news apps and Facebook and ****. I don't need more then 16Gb am I not a real user

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm on my phone all through out the day at work checking and writing emails and texts and notes and calendars some news apps and Facebook and ****. I don't need more then 16Gb am I not a real user

I guess you must be a fake user.

I stream media, message, navigate, check weather, perform Google searches, cast music and video, set appointments, read news, make phone calls, take pictures and video, upload and download media, and all sorts of other things with my phone on a daily basis--but I only need 16GB. I must not be a real user, either.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
To gently throw my two cents in here. I agree on that 16gb thing..I am a newbie, and I got a 16gb S4 back in May.. However, after reading, I found out that real users want and need at least 32gb of internal memory. Based on reading, I returned the 16gb S4 and tried to wait for Tmobile to come with a 32gb S4. Well, they never did, glad they didn't the Note 3 came on the scene..Note 3 is a S4 on steriods..An S5 will have to be better than the Note 3, and that will be killer action.. The Moto X seems to be good for people that like what it does, and size. However, just like cars, different ones appeal to different people..However, I am not going to say my chevy camero is better than a corvette just because the camero fits my needs.. You see a lot of that going on around here.. Fanboys get upset quickly.. :D

Camaro.... It's a camaro. ;p

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site
I got the 32Gb model since my last phone was 16Gb and I had to buy a 16Gb SD card to fit all my music on there. So yeah music takes up about 20Gb of my storage cause I needs it man! I just think it's ridiculous that they charge $50 extra for another 16Gb of storage when I can buy a quality 16Gb SD for like $10.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I got the 32Gb model since my last phone was 16Gb and I had to buy a 16Gb SD card to fit all my music on there. So yeah music takes up about 20Gb of my storage cause I needs it man! I just think it's ridiculous that they charge $50 extra for another 16Gb of storage when I can buy a quality 16Gb SD for like $10.

Kind of ridiculous... When do you ever listen to music for that long? Mine takes up about .7 GB and it's almost 200 songs, enough for a long flight. Can't imagine why you would ever need more than 20 GB at once

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Kind of ridiculous... When do you ever listen to music for that long? Mine takes up about .7 GB and it's almost 200 songs, enough for a long flight. Can't imagine why you would ever need more than 20 GB at once

Because people do not understand that phones are mobile devices and not meant to hold the library of their lives. Rather than manage their files, they want all of them available just in case they might feel like listening to a certain song once in a blue moon.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I could not get used to the screen, I had a G Pro. I went back to it. Selling my Dev edition over on eBay.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Phones are mobile computers. Why shouldn't we be able to carry around all or a large portion of our libraries? If it's possible, that is.

Some people pack light for a trip, others feel better if they believe they're more prepared for contingencies.

Sent from my LG870 via Tapatalk 2

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Because people do not understand that phones are mobile devices and not meant to hold the library of their lives. Rather than manage their files, they want all of them available just in case they might feel like listening to a certain song once in a blue moon.

Thank you! These people that "need" 20-30 gigs of music or 15 movies on their phone crack me up. Same ones that rule out great devices just because they lack an SD slot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

blacksapphire08

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I actually listen to songs from my library everyday because the radio around here sucks. I'd rather have it available to me anytime I want than to depend on having a data connection to stream or just be like darn I cant show my friend this one particular song. Just because you dont need that much storage doesnt meant that others dont. That's why there are two sizes to choose from.

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I actually listen to songs from my library everyday because the radio around here sucks. I'd rather have it available to me anytime I want than to depend on having a data connection to stream or just be like darn I cant show my friend this one particular song. Just because you dont need that much storage doesnt meant that others dont. That's why there are two sizes to choose from.

That's why I like the idea of Google play music, nothing stored on your device. the only downfall is it eats your data when you listen to it

Q10, HTC One, Nexus 7, Moto X

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Do you listen to every song though? I'm never out long enough to listen to every song on my playlist, I could just go home and add or swap songs instead of having them all on at once.

smcd5213

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What exactly is the point of this thread? OP didn't like the Moto X and felt compelled to tell everyone about it? Seems like that's been accomplished and then some.

You may prefer a phone that others don't and vice-versa. In other news, water is wet.

This is a forum for Moto X owners and those interested in it....so if you're not, maybe go elsewhere to discuss what you like. Spare us the "I'm just trying to warn others" nonsense. It's silly and more than a little transparent.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I had the Nexus 5 and had an opposite reaction. The N5 was too big, too light, had bland color, bad battery life, and the back of the phone attracted finger grease like no tomorrow. The camera wouldn't focus reliably, and feature-wise was quite boring.

This MX is the perfect size and weight, feels right in the hand, and has useful features no other phone has. The active notifications alone mean to me that I will never own a phone without that feature. I love the touchless commands in my car. I think the camera is just great. I love getting text messages on my computer and can respond without taking the phone out of my pocket. And I cannot kill the battery in a day, and the phone charges faster than any phone I have ever tried. I did the Tmo moto maker so I could easily unlock the bootloader, and love the colors I picked.

Just shows that there are different opinions. I think the OP wouldn't have taken so much crap if he didn't act like his opinion was the only one.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR