MOTO-X...... Definitely not what I expected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
For me to jump ship It would have to be at least 100 bucks cheaper and I still will think long and hard before making the move. This might change tomorrow once I receive the MOTO G.

I find it interesting that you will get a Moto G, especially considering that you didn't like the Moto X. Why are you getting a Moto G? Is it simply because the Moto G is much cheaper than the Moto X and the Nexus 5?

androidatic

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had the phone a few days now and was concerned about the camera. It really isn't too bad at all. It's no iPhone but it gets the job done. I was pleasantly surprised to say the least.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I'll start by saying that I didnt understand why this thread was created in the first place but now its even more confusing. Was it to bash the phone? idk Was it to warn people knowing that its loved by most in this section.hmm.. or was it to simply get a reaction or a bunch? The reason I ask is because some of your main points are pretty much directly contradicted by your last post. You say that the X has "gimmicky features" you say that the screen resolution is the worst . You say the camara is "useless". That the cost is way out of line? Ok your opinion. Why on gods green earth then are you flaunting that you have a Galaxy Gear !??
The device that has 320 resolution, the device that so small that you would have a hard to time seing it anyway. The device that has..wait..a usefull camara??? The device that gets probably more bad reviews that good and most claiming its the MOST gimmicky of the year. I could see if it was affordable, but to your other point, price, its over $300!!! You also HAVE to use it with another Galaxy product. Now I know this is not a phone but its a device you seem to be relying on. You ask where you should have posted this thread? The Samsung section would have been a good start. You came of a bit heavy in your first post so I'll go back out on a limb and say imo you knew exactly what you were doing starting this "discussion".

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I find it interesting that you will get a Moto G, especially considering that you didn't like the Moto X. Why are you getting a Moto G? Is it simply because the Moto G is much cheaper than the Moto X and the Nexus 5?

I purchased it as a X-mas gift for my mother. I mentioned that in another post, but before I send it off to her I will play with it for a bit. I'm curious to see if the camera on it is better than the one on the X.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I'll start by saying that I didnt understand why this thread was created in the first place bit now its even more confusing. Was it to bash the phone? idk Was it to warn people knowing that its loved by most in this section.hmm.. or was it to simply get a reaction or a bunch? The reason I ask is because some of your main points are pretty much directly contradicted by your last post. You say that the X has "gimmicky features" you say that the screen resolution is the worst . You say the camara is "useless". That the cost is way out of line? Ok your opinion. Why on gods green earth then are you flaunting that you have a Galaxy Gear !??
The device that has 320 resolution, the device that so small that you would have a hard to time seing it anyway. The device that has..wait..a usefull camara??? The device that gets probably more bad reviews that good and most claiming its the MOST gimmicky of the year. I could see if it was affordable, but to your other point, price, its over $300!!! You also HAVE to use it with another Galaxy product. You ask were you should have posted this thread? The Samsung section would have been a good start. You came of a bit heavy in your first post so I'll go back out on a limb and say imo you knew exactly what you were doing starting this "discussion".

I just mention the gear in regards to having a trusted bluetooth device so you can see your notifications and use the voice commands. So to make it easy for u to understand.... I would prefer a smart watch and a solid phone than the X and a bluetooth earpiece.

And the the consensus on the Gear was that the price was a bit too high, not the quality of the device. I'm not sure how you compare the features of a watch to those on a cell phone, but whatever.

I sold the gear because I don't use a samsung device, but I did love the watch. If samsung would allow the watch to work with any android device I will be at best buy 1 minute later getting the watch again. And as a person that owned a Gear, I loved the feature that unlocks your phone while its within a few feet of the device. And since I always lock my phone, that totally works for me.

Stop being so sensitive over a phone. It's not a good look.

Last edited:

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
With all due respect I dont think I'm being overly sensitive as much as you're being overly dramatic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Hey, you're entitled to your opinion, but thanks for bringing nothing to the table.

You know... all you're doing in here is poking people with a stick. Talk about bringing nothing to the table. You've got a phone you like. I'm sure you can find better things to do with your time.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
You know... all you're doing in here is poking people with a stick. Talk about bringing nothing to the table. You've got a phone you like. I'm sure you can find better things to do with your time.

Another post with absolutely nothing to add!

He questioned my motives and had his facts all wrong. Then he had the nerve to say I'm stepping on my toes with adding nothing to back it up. To me that's bring nothing to the table. And u sir are doing the exact same thing!

If u don't like this post then keep it moving. why waste your time commenting about something other than the phone? What gives u the right to say I can't post here? Because u like your phone or settled for it? I really don't get attacking someone for their personal opinion. Last I check that's the reason for posting on a forum. Even though u disagree with what my findings, others probably found this post to be useful. Or dare I say it???? Agreed with me.

CompMan2012

Banned
Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
On a side note...

And I know this is the X forum....lol, but, the moto G is an excellent device for 200 bucks.

I have really good 3G signal on it with 7-8Mbps on the download and 1-2 on the upload here in Fort Myers, Florida.

Even though I only had this device for a few hours I'm willing to say it's worth the 200.

I mention before that I ordered this device on this thread and depending on how it operates, I would change my thoughts on the X in regards to it being suitable for me at a lower price, but unless u really need the Active display and Always listen features, I honestly don't see any reason to get the X when the G is such a steal.

My mother will be happy with what Santa got her this year!

And that's all I have to say about the Moto G.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
On a side note...

And I know this is the X forum....lol, but, the moto G is an excellent device for 200 bucks.

I have really good 3G signal on it with 7-8Mbps on the download and 1-2 on the upload here in Fort Myers, Florida.

Even though I only had this device for a few hours I'm willing to say it's worth the 200.

I mention before that I ordered this device on this thread and depending on how it operates, I would change my thoughts on the X in regards to it being suitable for me at a lower price, but unless u really need the Active display and Always listen features, I honestly don't see any reason to get the X when the G is such a steal.

4G LTE says hello.....

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
On a side note...

The X gets LTE and you can get one with 32gb -- which matters since neither of these supports and SD card. Hey, different strokes for different folks.

Your OP has a valuable opinion, but you are a little aggressive in assuming that everyone else must have the same priorities you have.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Well folks I think we've exhausted this topic/thread enough. It continues to stray off the path and border on problems, which isn't good.

Thanks for all that have participated.

Paul
Moderator Team Leader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20