dumb question, are they the same account? If I get a Google Play gift card can I put it my wallet?

I trying to setup Tap&Pay with google wallet now that I have Kitkat.

thx
    12-13-2013 03:42 AM
    Google Play gift cards are for buying content on the Google Play store such as apps, music, books etc.
    You are supposed to add a payment method e.g. credit card to Google Wallet.
    davidnc likes this.
    12-13-2013 03:45 AM
    I see the 2 now in Wallet under payment methods.

thanks.
    12-13-2013 05:30 AM
    You can see Google play cards in your Google Wallet when signed on though computer: under payment methods.
    If you have a Google play card.You should also see whatever type of credit/debit card you are using to fund your Google wallet,once you have transfered money from that credit/debit card to your Google Wallet you will see 3 cards: (If you have A Google Play Card) 2 cards: if you dont have a Google Play card
    (1)Google Wallet Balance ,
    (2)Credit Card(s) / Debit Card(s)
    (3)Google Play Balance(if you have a Google Play card)
    12-13-2013 06:45 AM
    You can use our google wallet for play store APP purchases but you cannot use play Store credit in your google wallet. I just bought the Nexus 7/Chromecast combo in the Play Store and I was not able to use my Play Store Credit to buy it. You can see your Play Store Credit if you open Google Wallet but it is not a Pay option when you select Pay Type under Google Wallet when I was making the purchase.
    That sucks if it is sold in the Google Play Store why can’t I use Play Store credit?

On a separate but similar note I ended up canceling the order so I could get the better deal form Office Depot yesterday of $50 off the Nexus 7. I already had my money tied into Google Wallet so I was very lucky that Office Depot accepts Google Wallet. They did not know this until I tried it but it worked great! Now I have $90 on my Google Wallet account though.
    12-13-2013 08:46 AM
    Its mentioned tho that you cant use the Google Play Gift Card to purchase devices with tho so I dont see why it should come as a surprise.
    Its just for buying content on the Google Play store such as apps, music, books etc.as mentioned in post #2.
    12-13-2013 09:10 AM
    You can use our google wallet for play store APP purchases but you cannot use play Store credit in your google wallet. I just bought the Nexus 7/Chromecast combo in the Play Store and I was not able to use my Play Store Credit to buy it. You can see your Play Store Credit if you open Google Wallet but it is not a Pay option when you select Pay Type under Google Wallet when I was making the purchase.
    That sucks if it is sold in the Google Play Store why cant I use Play Store credit?

On a separate but similar note I ended up canceling the order so I could get the better deal form Office Depot yesterday of $50 off the Nexus 7. I already had my money tied into Google Wallet so I was very lucky that Office Depot accepts Google Wallet. They did not know this until I tried it but it worked great! Now I have $90 on my Google Wallet account though.
    You can transfer money from Google Wallet to your bank.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-16-2013 02:44 PM
    You can transfer money from Google Wallet to your bank.

Posted via Android Central App
    I know I figured this out recently, but I have had fun using Google Wallet when I get the chance. Good to know that if I need to I can transfer the rest over to my Bank account though, well after I link it anyway.
    12-16-2013 04:18 PM