New Touchless Control update with ability to speak your PIN to unlock

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Motorola is really just hitting it out of the park with this phone. I have had so many issues with the ordering process for my phone (they ended up giving me a JAX headset, Slim 2000 portable battery, and a $25 Google play card for all the troubles I've had), but they have the best customer service I have dealt with for a tech company and just keep making this phone better through both system updates and app updates!

John Doe40

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Nice update, works good. Now if only they would allow custom phrases instead of "OK Google" to prevent accidental activation (especially if you're using "Google Voice Search Hotword" extension with Chrome on your Mac/PC)...

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
As one who uses a PIN this is just flat out neat! I ran to get my Moto X (using my Nexus 5 right now) and updated it and then tested the speaking the PIN! Works great! Time to swap the SIM!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Re: Speaking your PIN
In probably embarrassing myself, but how do you get it to work?

Posted via Android Central App

If you have a PIN set up when the screen is locked say OK Google Now and ask something requiring it to unlock. For example ask about your calendar for the next day. The phone will then ask for your PIN. You say your PIN and it unlocks and then gives you the info you requested.

Sent from my Moto X

slg1906

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I figured it out...

Touchless Control >>> Commands while locked >>> Goggle commands (must be unchecked for the PIN feature to work)

The feature works for me now.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

Ryan Pacheco

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
If you have a PIN set up when the screen is locked say OK Google Now and ask something requiring it to unlock. For example ask about your calendar for the next day. The phone will then ask for your PIN. You say your PIN and it unlocks and then gives you the info you requested.

Sent from my Moto X
Some things also no longer require the phone to be unlocked to get, such as weather.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci