Moto X orders...Read This!!

Joe Java

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
If you order a Moto X today it will arrive before orders placed last week. Yes, you heard me correct...order today get it by Friday 12/20. Moto Maker website updated today with 5 day delivery time. I ordered mine on 12/9 and given a 12/17 delivery date. Now I'm told I should receive it by 12/22.
If you call and listen to the message, it says orders placed on/before 12/11 will ship by 12/22. I spoke with a supervisor and she agreed that 5 days is the correct build time as they have caught up with backlog caused by last weeks storm. Although she agreed it didn't seem fair, there was nothing she could do except offer me free headphones for the shipping delay.
How did they do that since the last few days it had new ship times as high as 18 days?? Well it seems they split the queue and the production line. So older past due orders on one line and new orders on another. So much for first come first served..... This is Moto trying to make quarter numbers look good. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever witnessed from a big corporation. Shame on you Moto and Google. I can't believe I gave up my iPhone for this.... And if you try to cancel, you can't. You have to wait until it ships then refuse shipment.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for your delay, but any production oriented business will do the exact same thing. The rationale is that yours is already late, so why force every order after yours to be late due to unforeseen delays. Yes unforseen delays with weather. Dallas Fort Worth essentially shut down for days with recent weather.

Posted via Android Central App

Joe Java

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
If they would use those additional resources on orders already placed they would easily meet their promised delivery dates. As it stands now, if there is just one more storm, those orders that were pushed back to the 22nd might not make it for xmas. What makes this worse is that they have been cut and pasting the storm delay excuse in almost every tweet or Facebook reply. Obviously the storm has nothing to do with the delay now. It's greed and sales numbers that they felt were more important then keeping a promise.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Good lord. Everything isn't "corporate greed". If some costumers have to wait or all customers have to wait, better for the former to be the case.

Sounds like you're an Apple fan that made the wrong decision for you.

ethertwist

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I ordered mine at midnight on 12/14 (the night of 12/13) and I just got an email saying that it will be delivered on or before 12/21 instead of 12/31 as they had originally stated.

Last edited:

torifile

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Good lord. Everything isn't "corporate greed". If some costumers have to wait or all customers have to wait, better for the former to be the case.

Sounds like you're an Apple fan that made the wrong decision for you.

What does Apple have to do with any of this? Jeez.

Joe Java

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
KWKSLVR..... Apple Fan?? You got that from what I wrote? So your OK going to the grocery store and waiting in line and as you wait your turn they decide to start taking customers from the back of the line.
Just because I owned an iPhone does not make me an Apple fan, I just ordered an Android phone. I'm a customer who placed an order that just needs a phone when promised.
Why does it always have to be corporate greed? Well lets think about this..... Why would you take on more orders when you can't handle the orders you've already promised and received payment for???? Why would you tell customers that their orders are delayed because of a storm and please be patient as you are working as hard as possible to meet demand only to take more customer orders and cause further delay to the orders that were already delayed by the storm?
Yeah your right...it's not greed....it's just good ole' customer service!!

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Bummer you're getting the shaft some people seem to be getting. Moto Maker still has its kinks and it should be expected.

The winter storms aren't helping the situation any either. Once you get the phone you'll forget all about this mishap. I would honestly get on G+ and tag punit soni for help.

You can praise apple all you want but I haven't seen a corporations employees interact with consumers like Motorola has and Apple makes one product that have looked and worked the same for 5yrs. Hang in there I feel your frustration.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
This is Moto trying to make quarter numbers look good.

This does not even make sense. Any phone that was sold during the quarter will count towards the quarter. It doesn't matter what order in which they were sold and shipped so long as they were all in the same quarter.

Why would you tell customers that their orders are delayed because of a storm and please be patient as you are working as hard as possible to meet demand only to take more customer orders and cause further delay to the orders that were already delayed by the storm?

So you're saying that because of a storm, they should have simply stopped taking more orders during the Christmas shopping season? For real? For real real?

Joe Java

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
It makes total sense. They are selling more phones but they can't meet the promised delivery date from existing customers. Instead of utilizing all of their employees and production line to catch-up, they took some resources to take additional orders that they can ship before the most important sales deadline. The existing orders are already late or would have been late anyway so why not just sell more phones... They need to show that you can order a Moto X now and still get it by xmas or they will lose a sale to a competitor.

I think most of my frustration is from withdrawal symptoms from not having a phone. I feel lost without a phone. I never realized how addicted I was to my phone.
Tonyhoffman...I agree, I will probably forget about this as soon as I get this incredible phone that I've read so much about.....Thanks!

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
They need to show that you can order a Moto X now and still get it by xmas or they will lose a sale to a competitor.

Actually, no. They don't NEED to show that. Most adults have had enough experience with Christmas shopping to know that while delays are unfortunate, they almost always happen as Christmas comes closer. That is even more important to consider when ordering a device that is made to specifications rather than simply pulled off a shelf and shipped. Maybe what some people NEED to do is remember that this is the craziest time of the year for shopping and shipping.

The holiday season is always crazy like this. It's not going to change because you are annoyed right now.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
If you order a Moto X today it will arrive before orders placed last week. Yes, you heard me correct...order today get it by Friday 12/20. Moto Maker website updated today with 5 day delivery time. I ordered mine on 12/9 and given a 12/17 delivery date. Now I'm told I should receive it by 12/22.
If you call and listen to the message, it says orders placed on/before 12/11 will ship by 12/22. I spoke with a supervisor and she agreed that 5 days is the correct build time as they have caught up with backlog caused by last weeks storm. Although she agreed it didn't seem fair, there was nothing she could do except offer me free headphones for the shipping delay.
How did they do that since the last few days it had new ship times as high as 18 days?? Well it seems they split the queue and the production line. So older past due orders on one line and new orders on another. So much for first come first served..... This is Moto trying to make quarter numbers look good. This is by far the worst customer service I have ever witnessed from a big corporation. Shame on you Moto and Google. I can't believe I gave up my iPhone for this.... And if you try to cancel, you can't. You have to wait until it ships then refuse shipment.
meh, I would be happy with the free headphones. Did you sell your iPhone already? If not, then you have a phone.
Also, you don't have to refuse shipment. If it gets delivered no signature required, as mine did, they will send you a return tag if you tried to cancel and could not.

As for customer service, does Apple custom make phones to order?

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
That is even more important to consider when ordering a device that is made to specifications rather than simply pulled off a shelf and shipped.
Agreed. Apple had lots of inventory issues with their iPhone 5s and those are just pulled off a shelf and shipped. There were QA issues with the factory in China and the first batch had lots of lemons. So they stopped production until they could address the issue. iPhone 5s were out of stock even at Apple for quite some time this fall.

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes I sold my iPhone to buy this phone. Not sure if Apple makes them custom other then memory size. I really didn't like the iPhone...
well, I would personally never sell a phone until I had another ready to go.

Apple's phones are not custom made at all, BTW. They have 3 stock memory sizes and 3 stock colors. And this fall, due to QA issues at their chinese factory, if you ordered online at Apple, it was taking 2 weeks+ to ship. If you took what was instock in stores, you ran the risk of getting one of the lemons.

Sir Alex

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
"This is by far the worst customer service I have ever witnessed from a big corporation."

Then be very glad because you appear to live a very sheltered life. [Language removed by Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
"This is by far the worst customer service I have ever witnessed from a big corporation."

Then be very glad because you appear to live a very sheltered life.

Real talk. Your order is delayed AND they offered you free headphones because of it? oooOOOooo. How TERRIBLE! I just settled a dispute with Hertz by going to the corporate office and BBB for unwanted charges on a rental. The counter rep at Hertz was rude to me, would not explain the charges to me and exactly how much they were, and told me to go ahead and complain elsewhere because he wasn't going to listen to me. That's just a recent example of poor customer service.

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

Then be very glad because you appear to live a very sheltered life. [Language removed by Moderator]

This.

If dealing with Motorola is the worst CS ever, then it is a sheltered life. I could write volumes on personal experiences with AT&T and Apple that make this situation looking nothing. It's Christmas, things are slow, they had bad weather. How is that Motorola's fault or their fault a customer left themselves without a device.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan