Has anyone tried to program nfc tags? I have the skip tags from Motorola but the phone will only let me program them for the screen unlock function. I have downloaded a few apps for programming but when I try to use the skip tag from Motorola I can only do screen unlock. I am missing something? Are the skip tags provided from Motorola made just for the screen unlock function?

I would like to program them to do other tasks. Thanks in advance.
    12-16-2013 11:45 AM
    Has anyone tried to program nfc tags? I have the skip tags from Motorola but the phone will only let me program them for the screen unlock function. I have downloaded a few apps for programming but when I try to use the skip tag from Motorola I can only do screen unlock. I am missing something? Are the skip tags provided from Motorola made just for the screen unlock function?

I would like to program them to do other tasks. Thanks in advance.
    The Motorola Skip software is designed to skip your passcode by using NFC with the Motorola Skip tag and dots.
    Tony Rizzo likes this.
    12-16-2013 11:48 AM
    The Motorola Skip software is designed to skip your passcode by using NFC with the Motorola Skip tag and dots.
    So their dots can not be programmed for other tasks? Do I need to purchase some NFC tags in order to do other tasks? I have "trigger" and "tagWriter". Is that all I would need? Thanks.
    12-16-2013 11:53 AM
    my guess is that the Motorola NFC tags are read only so you would not be able to overwrite them. If you want to write your own tags you would likely need to buy some blank tags and then write to them first.

You might be able to format the Moto NFC tags, not sure, but if so you would lose the ability to use them for unlocking purposes down the road.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Ry likes this.
    12-16-2013 07:47 PM