Best Buy (In-Store): Rocketfish Miracast Video Receiver $19.99 (12/16)

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Looks like only available for store pickup (my area didn't' have any available). I'm guessing it's clearance.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Looks like only available for store pickup (my area didn't' have any available). I'm guessing it's clearance.

Wondering if it's on clearance because it's not good. I have a Chromecast already - is it worth $20 to find out?

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Miracast would be nice for apps that don't support Chromecast. The NFL Sunday Ticket app comes to mind.

It shows as available for shipping for me and I have a $10 reward zone certificate. This just may be worth $10 to me.

Posted via Android Central App

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I like the idea of Chromecast but its very limited. I know of no Ultraviolet programs that work. Neither do Jetflicks or Comcast. Right now Miracast works and it works for any program that works on your phone, well except for the NFL mobile application. You get a message that screen mirroring is not supported similar to what you get trying to use HDMI with it. None of the other apps I've tried do that on Miracast, even ones that won't work on HDMI like Comcast. Don't know how well the Rocketfish one works but ever since the last update the Push to TV from Netgear works great and the lag that Miracast is known for is all but gone. Avoid any of the Samsung ones like the plague. I tried pretty much all their solutions and none would even maintain a connection even with their own devices.

mm356

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Right now Miracast works and it works for any program that works on your phone, well except for the NFL mobile application. You get a message that screen mirroring is not supported similar to what you get trying to use HDMI with it.

Wow - glad to know! This was the very reason I was interested in this device in the first place: to stream the Red Zone channel to TV via the NFL Mobile app. Interesting to know that it doesn't work either with Miracast or HDMI. I just bought one and when I went to pick it up they said they couldn't find it and nobody else had any either, so I got them to sell me a Chromecast for the same $19.99 price. Although it doesn't do as much as Miracast, I feel much better knowing that Miracast wouldn't have worked for NFL anyway. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21