bad battery drain

andsen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
I see all the posts showing how good the battery life is but mine seems to be bad. I tried everything (safe mode, factory reset) and it still loses 3% juice every hour with out doing anything. During screen time it get's very worse. The phone also seems to slightly warm. It's running kit kat

It lost 40% since last night with only a screen time of 40 min just browsing pages/apps and after which i didn't touch the phone until late morning. Could it be a defective unit? I got it a week back.

Except corporate mail i don't have any other third party app running.

Screenshot_2013-12-16-10-18-48.png
Screenshot_2013-12-16-10-19-01.pngScreenshot_2013-12-16-10-18-55.png

STSVA

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
It looks like "Android OS" is the big battery hog. It may be some app running in the background and syncing a lot that's actually causing the battery drain. You could try the Wakelock Detector app to give you more detail on what's keeping the phone awake. You might also check individual apps' sync settings (especially Google apps) to see if they're running in the background and syncing when the phone's supposed to be "asleep."

EDIT: There are some additional suggestions here http://androidforums.com/motorola-moto-x/783991-bad-idle-battery-drain.html - post #5 looks especially helpful.

andsen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Wakelock detector doesn't seem to work with Kitkat. Is there any other app which can give insight to what part of OS is hogging the battery

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Wakelock detector doesn't seem to work with Kitkat. Is there any other app which can give insight to what part of OS is hogging the battery

You could try system monitor...
You may find interesting things there... It's not only for the battery.

Also, do you notice a hit in your battery life?

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

andsen

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
You could try system monitor...
You may find interesting things there... It's not only for the battery.

Also, do you notice a hit in your battery life?

Yes the battery doesn't even get me through the day with just an 1 hr screen time (checking mails/browsing). Frustrating

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes the battery doesn't even get me through the day with just an 1 hr screen time (checking mails/browsing). Frustrating
And it used to?
If you notice that, then there's definitely something going on...
I've read that location services may be to blame, but to be honest I would not say for sure... Try the app I told you before, it may bring some light on the matter...