Really need a car dock

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Hmmm... So where are the Developer Options on the Moto X. Can anyone find them?

From the link I posted earlier:

Go to about phone then click the build number at the bottom 10 times and it should open up the developer options. 3rd option within that is keep screen awake while charging. I recommend not doing that while you sleep though, possibility of burn in.

lindycu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I bought the iBolt car dock for my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and recently sold the device and picked up a Moto X DE. I have a Bear Motion case and the dock works for what I need. I loaded the free app and will try tomorrow to see if it launches automatically when phone is docked. Otherwise it still charges and I will just program a NFC tag and place it on the dock to set things automatically.

Posted via Android Central App

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Looks like the Griffin Moto X car dock has been pulled from the motorola web site :(

I noticed that, too.

I have already ordered another dock, but now I'm wondering how to make the "show me where I am and what the roads are" function of maps stay on while I drive. I'm not a big fan of the new navigation app.

pjo1966

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
From the link I posted earlier:

I'm not to happy with how the Stay Awake selection in Developer Options works. The screen still dims so much so that I can barely see it while I'm driving. Unless I'm using navigation, the screen is basically useless to me while driving during the day.

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
On the plus side you don't need to worry about screen burn in. I set the screen timer to thirty minutes as well as that option. Figure I'll touch the screen at least once in that time to brighten it up.

Posted via Android Central App