My wife has the Griffin Moto X Vehicle Dock for her car. We noticed one night that the dock wasn't charging the phone. After checking the cigarette lighter charging cable was ok (plugged it into my phone, was charging fine), I plugged it back into the Griffin dock. However the port on the dock felt very flimsy and loose. I can see why, seeing as how the cable just sticks out from the back and dangles down with gravity pulling at the port/cable joint.

Is there any third party dock out there with a built in charging port like the Griffin dock? The only other one I've seen is the ProClips mount, but it's a $60 dollar dock, and you have to pay an additional $30 to get the suction cup windshield mount. Help please?
    12-17-2013 12:15 PM
    Worked great on my gs3 and now on my x

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007FHX9OK/...cUvbUpU3327378
    12-17-2013 01:37 PM
    I'm using the Mountek CD mount - Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: GPS & Navigation

I doesn't have a built in charging port, but the port on the phone is easy to use. I would likely have ordered the Caseology mount if it had been in stock when I ordered - Amazon.com: Caseology One-Touch CD Slot Universal Smartphone Car Mount Holder Cradle (expands 2.16" to 3.9") for Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 Note 2 HTC One M7 Apple iPhone 5 4S Google Nexus 4 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

I like the location of the CD mounts because the cords don't have to stretch all the way up to the dash and the phone is very accessible.
    12-17-2013 07:04 PM
    I'm using the Mountek CD mount - Amazon.com: Mountek nGroove Universal CD Slot Mount for Cell Phones and GPS Devices: GPS & Navigation

I doesn't have a built in charging port, but the port on the phone is easy to use. I would likely have ordered the Caseology mount if it had been in stock when I ordered - Amazon.com: Caseology One-Touch CD Slot Universal Smartphone Car Mount Holder Cradle (expands 2.16" to 3.9") for Samsung Galaxy S4 S3 Note 2 HTC One M7 Apple iPhone 5 4S Google Nexus 4 5: Cell Phones & Accessories

I like the location of the CD mounts because the cords don't have to stretch all the way up to the dash and the phone is very accessible.
    It was nice of Amazon to show a picture of the interior of my actual car on that second link.
    12-17-2013 07:15 PM