posting from my new X

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
After cutting my own nano SIM! Yaaah!!! Champion!!

Now to start learning a whole new phone....

Thanks to all that helped out, and put up with my many questions in regards to the T Mobile version of this phone. It was much appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Congrats on getting the X! I'm jealous :p
Let us know if you have any further questions and how you like your new phone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Thanks to all that helped out, and put up with my many questions in regards to the T Mobile version of this phone. It was much appreciated!

What device did you come from?

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Interesting that u came from a note 3...but welcome to the club. Still in my first week with it but I'm coming from a galaxy S3...i was so over Samsung touch wiz. I'm enjoying the x so far

Posted via Android Central App on my Vzw Moto X DevEd

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Interesting that u came from a note 3...but welcome to the club. Still in my first week with it but I'm coming from a galaxy S3...i was so over Samsung touch wiz. I'm enjoying the x so far

Why interesting? As powerful as the note 3, is its still the size of a big screen TV and features you'll never use.

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Why interesting? As powerful as the note 3, is its still the size of a big screen TV and features you'll never use.

That's just it. As much as it sounded like a great idea, I found myself turning off all the features, and being annoyed at the size of the phone in my pocket.

So! Here we go!

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
That's what I thought too... Hence why I never went down the note path. Lots of cool stuff that I'd never use... Just like all the stuff I never used on my s3 cuz it was so Samsung dependent. Example: couldn't nfc stuff to my Nexus. I didnt go with Apple anything cuz I don't want to be locked into an ecosystem.... Samsung is trending that way too now. Google still offers freedom of interaction with Windows... Which is the primary operating system that most PC users are on

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site

Congrats!
I cut my own Sim too even the phone came with a new T-Mobile Sim but I did not want to wait for the activation to kick in ,also I saved my contacts on the Sim so it saved me a lot of Hassel , I used a nail file to smooth done the Sim edges after cutting it and file down the thickness to make it fit smoothly.

If you are a little handy with some patient it not difficult.
Anyway enjoy your new phone I noticed if you turn off voice command your battery life gets better, but the phone has already great battery life ,
Have fun! Its a great device!

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site
Congrats!
I cut my own Sim too even the phone came with a new T-Mobile Sim but I did not want to wait for the activation to kick in ,also I saved my contacts on the Sim so it saved me a lot of Hassel
You can activate the nano sim which comes with the phone at www.t-mobile.com/SIM/. I did it that way and it activated immediately. You can use the Motorola Migrate to transfer your contacts; I think it claims to pull them out of your SIM card too.

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site

Congrats. No problems with apns or getting LTE to work I assume?

Sent from my XT1053

omega1300

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Congrats. No problems with apns or getting LTE to work I assume?

Sent from my XT1053

Well (of course) I may have spoken too soon.

I had one approx twenty minute window when I got a "no Sim" error last night (then it resolved itself). Beyond that its been perfect (with LTE / apns etc).

Edit - decided to run over to AT&T and drop in a fresh nano SIM anyway (so
much for the whole "cutting my own SIM" thing - though it did seem to be working). Everything's flawless - this phone is growing on me quick!!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21