Moto X display questions

poprace

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi. I just got a Moto X today. I love it, but have a few concerns about the display.

First is the yellowish tint. It's pretty noticeable to me, but perhaps it's more that my other devices are overly blue (which I think I prefer)... am I alone or do others have this, if so did you get used to it?

Also, is there any way to tone down the saturation? I know AMOLED displays are noted for saturation, and I really love how black the blacks are, but it would be nice to be a bit more natural.

Cheers.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi. I just got a Moto X today. I love it, but have a few concerns about the display.

First is the yellowish tint. It's pretty noticeable to me, but perhaps it's more that my other devices are overly blue (which I think I prefer)... am I alone or do others have this, if so did you get used to it?

Also, is there any way to tone down the saturation? I know AMOLED displays are noted for saturation, and I really love how black the blacks are, but it would be nice to be a bit more natural.

Cheers.

I think it depends. My whites are off white, yes, but not yellowish. But you are correct in saying that is the downfall of a screen that prefers black, in that it is weak in white. You may want to consider exchanging the device.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Cheers.

Not sure if you can change the saturation level of the display on the stock ROM like the GS4 can but if it bothers you that much you could always root and change the gamma of the display

Posted via Android Central App

poprace

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you can change the saturation level of the display on the stock ROM like the GS4 can but if it bothers you that much you could always root and change the gamma of the display

Posted via Android Central App

Not sure if it bothers me, actually, might just take some getting used to. ;)

Didn't know about changing the gamma, interesting.

poprace

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I think it depends. My whites are off white, yes, but not yellowish. But you are correct in saying that is the downfall of a screen that prefers black, in that it is weak in white. You may want to consider exchanging the device.

Hrm. Maybe off-white is a better way to describe it. It could be that my old phone and laptop are especially blue, even, and that it's mainly a greater contrast and that I am used to blueish displays. I think I'll stop in a store to compare to a demo unit.

I really love the deep black and I never had this type of display before so i'll try to get used to it, too...

I would like to hear other people's reaction to their display, what they think and if there is any tint. It seemed to have good reviews...

thanks!

tech addicted

Dec 13, 2013
Visit site
Hrm. Maybe off-white is a better way to describe it. It could be that my old phone and laptop are especially blue, even, and that it's mainly a greater contrast and that I am used to blueish displays. I think I'll stop in a store to compare to a demo unit.

I really love the deep black and I never had this type of display before so i'll try to get used to it, too...

I would like to hear other people's reaction to their display, what they think and if there is any tint. It seemed to have good reviews...

thanks!

I did not notice any yellow tint ok maybe a hair but i use it on very low brigtness so maybe thats explans it ,its more like off white my older phone was a HTC one s , I love the screen on this the colors are very saturated and the blacks are fantastic yes the whites are not as white as on a LCD but that's the price you pay to have the active notification,
Also i see many people using the Samsung devices and I see how blue the screen is I hate it personally I'm glad the moto x is not blueish.

Its a compromise that I willing to make .
Enjoy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007