Might trade for a different phone but...

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have Sprint I'm on a contact with someone else I want to trade my phone with someone from Craigslist can I go to the Sprint store and just trade it without the main account holder? without needing the PIN or any of that because I don't know it. 

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I bet it depends on the store you go to. Some are more helpful and more competent than others.

Why don't you want to contact the owner-of-record and get the info you need?

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Because me and her really ain't talking and I don't wanna contact her for nothing.

Oofa

May 22, 2013
Visit site
As long as the ESN is clear (the phone is not active on another account), you can activate (swap) your phone with another Sprint phone. You don't even have to go to a Sprint store. You can do it online through Sprint.com. I buy and sell Sprint phones and I do it all the time by logging into my account.

Lilshaq65

May 27, 2013
Visit site
That's the problem I can't get the pin or any of that to login to account so hopefully sprint store will do it without the pin

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem I can't get the pin or any of that to login to account so hopefully sprint store will do it without the pin

So, I just got my phone unlocked for international use, and Sprint had me jump through hoops to prove I was the owner of record. They cited concern about theft and fraud. Based on that experience, you might have some trouble.

Maybe, if you aren't on speaking terms with the contract holder, it's time to get your own contract.

Best wishes, though.

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

You'll need the PIN or the account would need to be in your name and you had ID.