11-17-2014 09:55 AM
75 123
tools
    I continue to be astounded at the difference experiences people have. I have so far have had nothing but good experiences recently (after having my own issues with Motorola in the past). Ordered my Moto X Sunday 12/15 and it was here two days later. Then ordered my partner's Moto G Wed. 12/18 and it will be here Monday. It's in the neighboring city right now actually. I could drive to get it.

So I don't know why some people are having such an easy time and others are having such a horrible experience. I will say that I don't think Motorola has the worst customer service though. For that I would point to Sirus/XM of which I am still trying to solve the billing nightmare they put me through weeks ago. Never ever again. So done with them.
    12-21-2013 12:17 AM
    HollyDolly: I would suggest that you bring your complaint to the Moto X community on Google+. Punit Soni and other Motorola Mobility people actively participate in the community and respond to customer issues.
    To the OP: just in case you missed this post...NealJ is spot on. Get on the Moto X google+ community, (the one with like 4500 members) and direct a post right to Punit Soni. Dollars to donuts he passes it to someone who will help you.
    HollyDolly likes this.
    12-21-2013 07:53 AM
    Try Directv and you will think big M is pretty good! Chris
    Actually, Time Warner takes the cake!
    Paisley likes this.
    12-21-2013 02:42 PM
    HollyDolly, I started in a similar position, a Sprint user frustrated that my photon wasn't upgraded. Thankfully, my moto x experience has been better than yours, although not without little glitches.

Best wishes. I know how soul crushing horrible customer service can be. That's actually why I am still with Sprint. I researched the budget carriers, and they all have a reputation for horrible customer service.
    Thank you. And not only is poor customer service frustrating, but my cell phone is my only phone. So if it's not working well out of the box and I fork over $600 to get a quick replacement, then am given the shaft...it's unacceptable. *sigh*
    cerebasan likes this.
    12-21-2013 02:47 PM
    Thank you. And not only is poor customer service frustrating, but my cell phone is my only phone. So if it's not working well out of the box and I fork over $600 to get a quick replacement, then am given the shaft...it's unacceptable. *sigh*
    Did you go to the Moto X Community on G+ and mention your issue?

Punit Soni (VP of Product Management at Motorola Mobility) actively participates over there. If he isn't the right person for that particular issue, then he'll tag the right person and they usually respond quickly.
    HollyDolly likes this.
    12-23-2013 06:45 AM
    Did you go to the Moto X Community on G+ and mention your issue?

Punit Soni (VP of Product Management at Motorola Mobility) actively participates over there. If he isn't the right person for that particular issue, then he'll tag the right person and they usually respond quickly.
    I did, thank you. I tagged him in my message and he tagged someone else. That person and I exchanged emails and now I'm going to move forward with the steps they've given me. I hope this story has a happy ending - but my experience so far has not been the best at all (save the last bit I just explained).
    cerebasan likes this.
    12-23-2013 04:02 PM
    Keep us updated.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    12-23-2013 04:18 PM
    Curse the customer rep in Tagalog. That will get their attention!!!!!

Posted via Moto X
    12-23-2013 06:24 PM
    I did, thank you. I tagged him in my message and he tagged someone else. That person and I exchanged emails and now I'm going to move forward with the steps they've given me. I hope this story has a happy ending - but my experience so far has not been the best at all (save the last bit I just explained).
    So, what was the outcome?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    01-07-2014 05:07 PM
    Motorola finally gave in and sent me out a new phone yesterday after having my phone from December 20, it's on a Fedex truck out for delivery. I was finally able to speak to someone yesterday who had some common sense and the authority to order up a new phone and send it overnight priority when they could not tell me where my phone was or whether it could be repaired or not. 18 days without a smartphone, I was getting used to having a clamshell device that could do nothing more than make and receive calls.
    01-07-2014 06:24 PM
    So, what was the outcome?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Well...I received the 3rd replacement phone last week. It's better than the other two, though not perfect. Motorloa received their 2 first phones back from me pre-Christmas and they told me they'd return my Advanced Replacement funds ($600) within 24 hours. I still haven't received my refund. I've been in touch with a supervisor who's trying to get it back, but so far...nada.

Customer service really IS the worst with Motorola. I had really good experience with HTC customer care (not so much their phone on Verizon) and Samsung was just so-so. But Motorola is a hot mess.

So yea - I still stand by my initial assessment of the company.
    01-08-2014 05:16 PM
    Wow! Sorry that you had such a bad experience.
    01-09-2014 07:54 AM
    Wow! Sorry that you had such a bad experience.
    Thanks.
    01-10-2014 02:25 AM
    Trying to feed their families? Pffft

Beast Note 3
    01-10-2014 03:18 AM
    An update to this hot mess of a company's customer service issues:

I still haven't received my $600 refund for my Advanced Placement order, even though I was told I'd received it within 24 hours of their getting the phone back (it's been 3 weeks since they did). I've had to email back/forth with a supervisor. Today she emails that for "unknown reasons" they refunded my account yesterday at 1/3 of the $600 but she's requested they refund the remaining balance of $430, which will take another 3-5 business days - making it a FULL MONTH of not getting my refund.

Worst company. WORST. And I just checked the Better Business Bureau and there are loads of complaints.

I'd never recommend them to anyone. In fact, I've already discouraged 2 friends from buying their products. Awful.
    recDNA likes this.
    01-15-2014 04:40 PM
    The BBB is a joke. They will take any joker at his word. Plus you have to keep in mind with the sheer volume they are putting out, you're bound to have this. Furthermore many of this could be before the switch of ownership by Google. Not to rain on OP's parade but this has been about the best customer service I've experienced ever!! Replaced 3 phones for me for very slight flaws that wouldn't bother most but I'm anal about my phones. They gave my zippy problems. I own a small business and I'm going to start a BBB type site for businesses on maniac customers.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    01-15-2014 05:42 PM
    The BBB is a joke. They will take any joker at his word. Plus you have to keep in mind with the sheer volume they are putting out, you're bound to have this. Furthermore many of this could be before the switch of ownership by Google. Not to rain on OP's parade but this has been about the best customer service I've experienced ever!! Replaced 3 phones for me for very slight flaws that wouldn't bother most but I'm anal about my phones. They gave my zippy problems. I own a small business and I'm going to start a BBB type site for businesses on maniac customers.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    Would you be considered a "maniac customer" for sending phones back for minor flaws? Because some of us are actually trying to get phones that function. The irony...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    recDNA and KitN like this.
    01-16-2014 12:59 AM

I still haven't received my $600 refund for my Advanced Placement order, even though I was told I'd received it within 24 hours of their getting the phone back (it's been 3 weeks since they did). I've had to email back/forth with a supervisor. Today she emails that for "unknown reasons" they refunded my account yesterday at 1/3 of the $600 but she's requested they refund the remaining balance of $430, which will take another 3-5 business days - making it a FULL MONTH of not getting my refund.

Worst company. WORST.
    A full month = worst? Nah...my Sirius/XM refund took two months. With a similar broke-in-two-parts issue that you are having. Then they canceled the refund for those same "unknown reasons" and finally sent a check that took forever to get here after I complained. You've still got a month to go to match that horrible company!
    HollyDolly likes this.
    01-16-2014 01:37 AM
    Would you be considered a "maniac customer" for sending phones back for minor flaws? Because some of us are actually trying to get phones that function. The irony...

:Ha! ! No I had a phone that rattled like a baby toy and then had hardware allignment issues. Dont think this is unreasonable and Motorola didnt either. But i suppose Motorola does find some customers to be unreasonable. Good luck to you.

Posted via Android Central App
    01-16-2014 07:59 AM
    But does the newest replacement phone work properly?

01-23-2014 12:38 AM
    I am just wondering. What was the problem with your HTC and Samsung products that you needed to call customer support for them?

*popcorn

01-23-2014 12:58 AM
    But does the newest replacement phone work properly?

Nope. Unfortunately.

01-23-2014 01:00 AM
    I've spent the past 7 days being lied to by Motorola. They tell me my replacement phone has been built, then they say they'll expedite it. When I don't receive the phone, they say it's being built - again. I paid $600 for advanced replacement because my initial order has been defective. They promised that if I buy the advanced replacement phone a week ago, I'd get the phone this week, but it's all lies. Supervisor after supervisor says they'll "call" me or promise me the phone by the end of the week, or a tracking number, and nothing is forthcoming. Then when I contact them another way (online support chat) they tell me the phone hasn't even been built yet! So I asked to cancel the order, and they say they can't refund my money because the phone is being built...again. It's a complete joke!

I can't be the only one having this issue.

WORST COMPANY EVER.

After my nightmare problems with my Photon, I don't know why I even bothered with them - except Sprint has a limited number of phones that aren't crappy, so this was my only option and it's turned out pretty lame.

Hate this company!

ETA: Spoke with the corporate office and they're like, "too bad, so sad, you're SOL" - in more polite terms, but basically, that's the short version of it.
    Absolutely positively totally agree. Motorolla drove me out because they are sooooo freaking bad. They make great products but the company is just so bad about customer service that I had to bail. Moto has always been the worst with customer care and that will never change. Too bad because these guys could be huge.
    recDNA likes this.
    01-23-2014 08:14 AM
    Motorola rocks now that they are innovating. This thread blows.

Sent from my moto x using Tapatalk
    01-23-2014 09:55 AM
    Motorola rocks now that they are innovating. This thread blows.

Sent from my moto x using Tapatalk
    You can be innovative and have bad cs at the same time.
    recDNA likes this.
    01-23-2014 11:08 AM
75 123