Motorola - Worst Customer "Care" EVER

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I've spent the past 7 days being lied to by Motorola. They tell me my replacement phone has been built, then they say they'll expedite it. When I don't receive the phone, they say it's being built - again. I paid $600 for advanced replacement because my initial order has been defective. They promised that if I buy the advanced replacement phone a week ago, I'd get the phone this week, but it's all lies. Supervisor after supervisor says they'll "call" me or promise me the phone by the end of the week, or a tracking number, and nothing is forthcoming. Then when I contact them another way (online support chat) they tell me the phone hasn't even been built yet! So I asked to cancel the order, and they say they can't refund my money because the phone is being built...again. It's a complete joke!

I can't be the only one having this issue.

WORST COMPANY EVER.

After my nightmare problems with my Photon, I don't know why I even bothered with them - except Sprint has a limited number of phones that aren't crappy, so this was my only option and it's turned out pretty lame.

Hate this company!

ETA: Spoke with the corporate office and they're like, "too bad, so sad, you're SOL" - in more polite terms, but basically, that's the short version of it.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I've spent the past 7 days being lied to by Motorola. They tell me my replacement phone has been built, then they say they'll expedite it. When I don't receive the phone, they say it's being built - again. I paid $600 for advanced replacement because my initial order has been defective. They promised that if I buy the advanced replacement phone a week ago, I'd get the phone this week, but it's all lies. Supervisor after supervisor says they'll "call" me or promise me the phone by the end of the week, or a tracking number, and nothing is forthcoming. Then when I contact them another way (online support chat) they tell me the phone hasn't even been built yet! So I asked to cancel the order, and they say they can't refund my money because the phone is being built...again. It's a complete joke!

I can't be the only one having this issue.

WORST COMPANY EVER.

After my nightmare problems with my Photon, I don't know why I even bothered with them - except Sprint has a limited number of phones that aren't crappy, so this was my only option and it's turned out pretty lame.

Hate this company!

ETA: Spoke with the corporate office and they're like, "too bad, so sad, you're SOL" - in more polite terms, but basically, that's the short version of it.

Sounds like a big mess. You're not the first nor will you be the last to complain about Motorola's customer service or lack there of.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a big mess. You're not the first nor will you be the last to complain about Motorola's customer service or lack there of.
Thank you for acknowledging this. My favorite part had to be the corporate guy. He's like, yea...so, I don't have any info on your device, so whatever they're telling you, that's the latest update. I said, but they're telling me 5 different contradictory things? And he's like, yea...I don't have an update on that, but I'm sure it's being handled.

At this point, I lost patience but in very polite but direct words was like, "And what exactly is it that you DO do in corporate? Because you don't know anything about my order, you can't verify anything, are you just here to give me more words?" and he's like, "Well, I'm not sure how I can help you". I'm like, "Isn't that your job to know what to do in this situation?" Silence. OMG. No wonder the rest of the company is the way it is. Sh** trickles down.

The guy reminded me of the supervisor in that indie film, "Office Space" - anyone know what I'm talking about? Unreal.

So I spoke (chatted online) with yet another supervisor, and she's like, I'm so sorry your order has been mishandled all along (lucky me!) and offered me a free accessory of my choice - whichever one - from their website. Um...I just want my phone and my $600? But since they won't refund my money as the product "supposedly" is mid-build, I guess I'll take the accessory? She didn't specify cost amount, so it's whatever I want...I guess.

Any suggestions? I have bluetooth built into my car, have a headset, don't want the click thing, don't need an extra charger...what do you all suggest?

Still, I can't get back the last 6 days and 14 phone calls with the company, because that's time I'll never get back.

I'm actually so angry. I'd rather they told me upfront that I won't get the phone for 2 weeks (and then I wouldn't have ordered it, you see) then to bold-face lie to me and make false promises. HATE that. HATE.

/end rant

Last edited:

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for acknowledging this. My favorite part had to be the corporate guy. He's like, yea...so, I don't have any info on your device, so whatever they're telling you, that's the latest update. I said, but they're telling me 5 different contradictory things? And he's like, yea...I don't have an update on that, but I'm sure it's being handled.

At this point, I lost patience but in very polite but direct words was like, "And what exactly is it that you DO do in corporate? Because you don't know anything about my order, you can't verify anything, are you just hear to give me more words?" and he's like, "Well, I'm not sure how I can help you". I'm like, "Isn't that your job to know what to do in this situation?" Silence. OMG. No wonder the rest of the company is the way it is. Sh** trickles down.

The guy reminded me of the supervisor in that indie film, "Office Space" - anyone know what I'm talking about? Unreal.

So I spoke (chatted online) with yet another supervisor, and she's like, I'm so sorry your order has been mishandled all along (lucky me!) and offered me a free accessory of my choice - whichever one - from their website. Um...I just want my phone and my $600? But since they won't refund my money as the product "supposedly" is mid-build, I guess I'll take the accessory? She didn't specify cost amount, so it's whatever I want...I guess.

Any suggestions? I have bluetooth built into my car, have a headset, don't want the click thing, don't need an extra charger...what do you all suggest?

Still, I can't get back the last 6 days and 14 phone calls with the company, because that's time I'll never get back.

I'm actually so angry. I'd rather they told me upfront that I won't get the phone for 2 weeks (and then I wouldn't have ordered it, you see) then to bold-face lie to me and make false promises. HATE that. HATE.

/end rant

Can totally relate. Nonsense like this absolutely infuriating. You just wanna choke the life out of someone. Yep, I get it!

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Can totally relate. Nonsense like this absolutely infuriating. You just wanna choke the life out of someone. Yep, I get it!
I do...I doooooooo!

Now we're having an ice cream party at work and I'm going to go eat my feelings. :p But seriously, I think I may be getting an ulcer from the contagious stupidity. Why can't people just do their job right? *sigh*

Wollombi

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Your story sounds very familiar. No, you aren't the only one with that type of experience.

I recently ordered a MotoX from them for someone else, got a delivery date, etc. I got the first two emails (you designed it, blah blah), but never the we're building it. Never received a tracking number, nothing. Phone didn't show up on the delivery date. Gave it another day then called them. Get this: THEY COULDN'T FIND THE PHONE anywhere. Spent an hour and a half on the phone, mostly on hold. After that, they suddenly "found" the phone and will expedite shipping, blah blah. But only after I threatened to cancel the order the refuse the charges to my credit card. I said I wanted $50 bucks back for the problems, seeing as the phone is late and was intended as a gift, and now I will have to spend more money for a timely gift for the person. They said they couldn't do it. I asked for a manager. After 50 minutes on hold (you read that right), I get some gal who basically said the same exact thing, but then told me I couldn't cancel the order. I said, too bad, you didn't deliver by promised date and you admit it hasn't left the factory yet, so I can legally refuse the credit card charge. I again ask for the discount or to cancel the order, she says no she can't do those things, but has to transfer me to another department in the company. I said I didn't want to be on hold again. She insisted that the only way to get the $50 back I am asking for is to talk to the other department and they will issue a refund check. I said fine, but after 10 minutes I'm hanging up and calling my credit card company. Got the guy in the other dept. after 8 minutes. That guy (name was Franco), then said he couldn't do what I asked. Eventually he offered me the cheapest bluetooth headset they carry, which I have no use for. He stonewalled me on everything. I said I'm tired of being lied to, and he asked how I was lied to. Explained it to him, and he was silent. Uh, why did you ask, then, Franco? Still wouldn't do anything but offer the cheapo headset. All I wanted was a small discount for the inconvenience. Ugh. On one hand, I could understand a delay. The factory closed due to weather one day, and they are swamped with holiday orders (though they should have been prepared for that since they sold the discount codes). That said, they could have lessened or eliminated the issue by simply sending an email explaining a day or two delay in delivery because of x, y, or z. Basic customer service, and they could have automated it on a server in about 5 minutes.

That said, the phone arrive the next day - they overnighted it. It works well and the person I gave it to is happy with it, and I'm even tempted to buy one, but I just don't want to reward the kind of (non-)service I received.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Your story sounds very familiar. No, you aren't the only one with that type of experience.

I recently ordered a MotoX from them for someone else, got a delivery date, etc. I got the first two emails (you designed it, blah blah), but never the we're building it. Never received a tracking number, nothing. Phone didn't show up on the delivery date. Gave it another day then called them. Get this: THEY COULDN'T FIND THE PHONE anywhere. Spent an hour and a half on the phone, mostly on hold. After that, they suddenly "found" the phone and will expedite shipping, blah blah. But only after I threatened to cancel the order the refuse the charges to my credit card. I said I wanted $50 bucks back for the problems, seeing as the phone is late and was intended as a gift, and now I will have to spend more money for a timely gift for the person. They said they couldn't do it. I asked for a manager. After 50 minutes on hold (you read that right), I get some gal who basically said the same exact thing, but then told me I couldn't cancel the order. I said, too bad, you didn't deliver by promised date and you admit it hasn't left the factory yet, so I can legally refuse the credit card charge. I again ask for the discount or to cancel the order, she says no she can't do those things, but has to transfer me to another department in the company. I said I didn't want to be on hold again. She insisted that the only way to get the $50 back I am asking for is to talk to the other department and they will issue a refund check. I said fine, but after 10 minutes I'm hanging up and calling my credit card company. Got the guy in the other dept. after 8 minutes. That guy (name was Franco), then said he couldn't do what I asked. Eventually he offered me the cheapest bluetooth headset they carry, which I have no use for. He stonewalled me on everything. I said I'm tired of being lied to, and he asked how I was lied to. Explained it to him, and he was silent. Uh, why did you ask, then, Franco? Still wouldn't do anything but offer the cheapo headset. All I wanted was a small discount for the inconvenience. Ugh. On one hand, I could understand a delay. The factory closed due to weather one day, and they are swamped with holiday orders (though they should have been prepared for that since they sold the discount codes). That said, they could have lessened or eliminated the issue by simply sending an email explaining a day or two delay in delivery because of x, y, or z. Basic customer service, and they could have automated it on a server in about 5 minutes.

That said, the phone arrive the next day - they overnighted it. It works well and the person I gave it to is happy with it, and I'm even tempted to buy one, but I just don't want to reward the kind of (non-)service I received.

I SPOKE WITH FRANCO!!!! That's the corporate guy. HE IS SO USELESS!!!

Your story sounds exactly, exactly like mine - including the "can't find the phone anywhere"...except I didn't ask for anything, just my phone. Then I asked for a tracking number. Then I asked for a refund. They couldn't provide me with ANY of them. I was literally giving myself a heart attack with the amount of anger I felt towards these fools, and it was the supervisor on chat who offered "any accessory of your choice" and I was like, "I'd rather have my phone and all the time I lost chasing this nonsense??" But yea...I HEAR YOU

I'm so sorry you also had to deal with this, but at least I know I'm not alone. This hasn't been the best year for me and I am starting to think the Universe has it in for me, yes...including with Motorola. I'm only half-joking, too...:confused:

If you really liked the phone, I'd suggest waiting until the 2nd week of January to put in an order because they're swamped with Christmas orders/returns. And, get this, they said they were "out of stock" on many of their phones because of "high demand" - but did they share this on their ORDER page? NOPE. Liars!

I just got a call from the ONE SUPERVISOR who chatted with me last today (after 9 other supervisors over the past 6 days) to say she just found they're still building the phone (omg...) but she'll make sure I get it by Saturday. If I wasn't so tired and angry, I'd cry. I may still do...because the incompetence level is out of this world. Except for the supervisor who just called me from Wisconsin. ONE person knows how to make a customer happy. But their name is NOT Franco!

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
If cost ain't and object I'd get the most expensive accessory they have. I think right now that's the Sol Bluetooth speaker. I have it. Its real nice and $200. Stick it to them ;)

Posted via Android Central App

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
You need to keep it all in perspective it's a phone they're just trying to feed their families like you do. more than likely the corporate person that you spoke to has no access to production line information, so why would you even call him asking for specific information about production.?

I'm not saying they don't suck because I have a similar issue but carrying it out on a forum isn't really necessary when you're in the minority based on this forum anyway.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had pretty bad experiences getting my X but Motorola was great through all of it. I even got a few freebies out of the deal.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If cost ain't and object I'd get the most expensive accessory they have. I think right now that's the Sol Bluetooth speaker. I have it. Its real nice and $200. Stick it to them ;)

Haha, well I see the point you're making, but I don't need that bluetooth, tbh. I want something that I can get some use out of and since the only place I use my bluetooth is in my car (and it's built-in), then it'd be a waste of everyone's resources.

I hear you, though! What else would you suggest...?

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
You need to keep it all in perspective it's a phone they're just trying to feed their families like you do. more than likely the corporate person that you spoke to has no access to production line information, so why would you even call him asking for specific information about production.?

I'm not saying they don't suck because I have a similar issue but carrying it out on a forum isn't really necessary when you're in the minority based on this forum anyway.

Motorola is not trying to feed their families, LBR. They're run by Google and they're hardly starving... :-\

But it's the poor training, promising things they can't deliver, not following through, and...I can take it up here if I choose to - why not? People deserve to vent and know what kind of a company they might be dealing with. Motorola could care less and I actually told them by the 12th phone call that I'd share my experience with others. Clearly I'm not alone (thanks, guys/girls!), and there may be many more who don't come here to share.

If they'd been upfront with me in the first place, no problem. But making daily promises that they didn't follow through on and having no repercussions for that from the upper management means...we vent here.

You don't work for them, do you...?

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

I'm pretty sure she was probably transfered to the corporate person. Just another stop along the way of multiple people that either couldn't or wouldn't help her.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: Motorola - Worst Customer "Care" EVER

I had pretty bad experiences getting my X but Motorola was great through all of it. I even got a few freebies out of the deal.

Awesome (for the freebies!) and sorry (for the issues). What did you get?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure she was probably transfered to the corporate person. Just another stop along the way of multiple people that either couldn't or wouldn't help her.

I love you. :-* Yes, THIS.

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
If you think the poor schmuck you spoke to in either case is making a killing working at google...you are delusional.

I an a retail store manager, and while i agree is frustrating....its a phone. I have $1000 tired up in 4 phones now, and no one seems to be able to refund me. But again...perspective.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
If you think the poor schmuck you spoke to in either case is making a killing working at google...you are delusional.

I an a retail store manager, and while i agree is frustrating....its a phone. I have $1000 tired up in 4 phones now, and no one seems to be able to refund me. But again...perspective.

Bully for you that you can be so understanding about your missing items and $1000.

However, where I come from...when you spend money, you expect to get the item you spent money on and misplacing an item is alarming of the business' practice. Or, at least get a refund. Otherwise, it's a version of stealing...

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Even the best of us can have a bad day. Unfortunately, it seems only the worst of experiences make good copy. I am pretty sure the problem will get resolved. These are all good companies...except Verizon!

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy