11-17-2014 09:55 AM
75 123
tools
    You can be innovative and have bad cs at the same time.
    That is certainly true. However, all things considered, I don't see how this one person's experience is a reason to discourage others from having a phone that deserves every accolade ('phone of the year') it has received. Motorola-Google are taking smartphones in the right direction, IMHO. If those 2 people listen to Holly, it'll be their loss.

Sad.

Besides, the "go on the Internet and complain" sort of posts rarely help anyone else. I've done the same in the past -- waste of time.
    01-23-2014 11:34 AM
    That is certainly true. However, all things considered, I don't see how this one person's experience is a reason to discourage others from having a phone that deserves every accolade ('phone of the year') it has received. Motorola-Google are taking smartphones in the right direction, IMHO. If those 2 people listen to Holly, it'll be their loss.

Sad.

Besides, the "go on the Internet and complain" sort of posts rarely help anyone else. I've done the same in the past -- waste of time.
    I agree , there are more post of people having issues with their phones then they are with people not having issues.
    I have been lucky for the fact that every android phone I owned I have never gotten a lemon.I never had to have one replaced
    As we all know there will be some lemons for every phone made or any phone that will be made are going to make it into the hands of people.
    01-23-2014 11:39 AM
    I've spent the past 7 days being lied to by Motorola. They tell me my replacement phone has been built, then they say they'll expedite it. When I don't receive the phone, they say it's being built - again. I paid $600 for advanced replacement because my initial order has been defective. They promised that if I buy the advanced replacement phone a week ago, I'd get the phone this week, but it's all lies. Supervisor after supervisor says they'll "call" me or promise me the phone by the end of the week, or a tracking number, and nothing is forthcoming. Then when I contact them another way (online support chat) they tell me the phone hasn't even been built yet! So I asked to cancel the order, and they say they can't refund my money because the phone is being built...again. It's a complete joke!

I can't be the only one having this issue.

WORST COMPANY EVER.

After my nightmare problems with my Photon, I don't know why I even bothered with them - except Sprint has a limited number of phones that aren't crappy, so this was my only option and it's turned out pretty lame.

Hate this company!

ETA: Spoke with the corporate office and they're like, "too bad, so sad, you're SOL" - in more polite terms, but basically, that's the short version of it.
    That sucks, and I understand your anger. But my experience has been much better.

I also got a lemon. After 3 chat sessions and a few phone calls, they agreed to replace it. They sent me a motomaker code, and a FedEx shipping label via email within a day or two. I used the code to order a new phone. They didn't ask me for any money up front.

They wouldn't let me correct my address (missing zip code, otherwise okay) and that's probably why the FedEx overnight shipment took 3 days, but one phone call later and the phone arrived. I am typing on it now, and it seems okay. It did randomly reboot once, when I plugged it in, but that's it, and that is within the level of glitchiness I am willing to accept, especially since this phone boots really fast.

I plan to mail the first phone back tomorrow, and I hope they register it as having been received. But FedEx tracks shipments, so I should be okay.

Customer support has been slow, and I often get sent to the wrong department and have to be transferred. I wouldn't call this the best customer service interaction I've even had. But it's fine.

I wish you the best of luck. I think your best tack is to assume incompetence rather than malice, and be patient and polite and let them know that you have ample reasons to be frustrated and annoyed, but you realize that this person you are talking to right now is not the cause of your problems, but a potential solution.

Again, good luck.
    TBolt and HollyDolly like this.
    01-24-2014 09:06 AM
    I must say, their phone and email systems suck. Every time I call I end up talking to the wrong people and need to be transferred and wait on hold again. Today I mailed the first phone back. FedEx was great. I decided to reply to that note they sent me that said "please reply to the email with your new order number so we can expedite it" and give them the FedEx tracking number. So I did, and got a reply saying "this mailbox doesn't accept replies. If you need to email us, click this link". So I clicked the link and got "404 page not found" error.

Seriously?

Anyhow, I have the tracking number, and all the other required numbers, and I expect it will all work out.
    HollyDolly likes this.
    01-25-2014 02:02 PM
    I too got a lemon and experienced excellent customer service from Motorola. Of course I was polite, nice and reasonable. If you received poor customer service, you might try my approach next time.
    benhaube likes this.
    01-25-2014 02:21 PM
    Reviving this thread to reiterate how Motorola's CSR sucks lemons. The customized backing of the Moto X that I received last December suddenly decided to crack, for NO reason. I take such excellent care of this phone! I've never had this happen with ANY phone before. Crappy built, so much for "made in the USA".

So I contacted them and they said since it was still under warranty, I could order another phone for free. That was 9 days ago and I should have had my order in hand by now. But nope, they have no idea where the order is, it's "stuck" somewhere and the phone hasn't even been built yet. And guess what? Had I not contacted them to follow up, I'd be sitting here waiting for a phone that was never even MADE.

I've spent 6+ hours on the phone with various departments who promise to follow up and then don't, I still have no phone, and I will NEVER do business with this company again. Their product is sub-par, their CSR HORRIBLE, and it's no wonder their company was sold.

Worse company EVER. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!!
    07-18-2014 02:59 PM
    My experience with them has been exactly the opposite. They replaced my phone post hast.

Sent from my XT1080 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-18-2014 03:28 PM
    I had great customer service when I replaced my phone. I received the new phone within a week. I am sorry your experience was bad.
    07-18-2014 05:34 PM
    My experience with customer service hasn't changed one bit since my last interaction with this company in December. After much time wasted with various CSR's, I finally got a number for the Executive Offices. They informed me the order has somehow been misplaced at this point and had me re-order it. Had I just waited some more to get the first order, it would never have arrived and Motorola was none the wiser for it. We'll see if I ever get the 2nd order, but having the same poor experience with them several times in a span of 7 months tells me good experiences are the unique instances. Just....no. Don't recommend this company at all.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    07-18-2014 05:51 PM
    I too got a lemon and experienced excellent customer service from Motorola. Of course I was polite, nice and reasonable. If you received poor customer service, you might try my approach next time.
    I had a great experience with Motorola Customer service too.

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-19-2014 12:04 AM
    I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. ive had a back crack on me, Royal blue back turn yellow on me, front camera get blocked by the sticker and a problem with the touch screen. everytime I do a chat and bring up the problem, I have a replacement code within a hour and a new phone within 7 days.... sure, i could have lived with everything and would have accepted a "Sorry we cant replace", but MOTO has always come through and given me the best customer service i could ask for!
    07-19-2014 12:53 AM
    For those who have had bad experiences with Motorola, how has your attitude been when you've spoken to the CSRs? I've worked in a customer-facing department, and generally the most self-righteous and indignant people were the one who complained the loudest, and made my life as miserable as possible when they called in.

The quality of service you receive depends on what you put in. If you call with an attitude, well, yeah. Garbage in, garbage out.

Motorola was able to very quickly fix my problem. Not every company gets everything right, but if you approach them the right way, they will typically fix it.
    07-19-2014 06:58 AM
    For those who have had bad experiences with Motorola, how has your attitude been when you've spoken to the CSRs? I've worked in a customer-facing department, and generally the most self-righteous and indignant people were the one who complained the loudest, and made my life as miserable as possible when they called in.

The quality of service you receive depends on what you put in.
    This doesn't even make sense. Someone orders a phone, it never arrives because it's never been built, the company lies repeatedly to customer that it's "on the way" but later comes to admit that's impossible because the order was never processed, then wastes SIX hours of customer's time sending them back/forth and then makes them reorder, again....and this is the customer's fault somehow?? Read the OP, JFC...

07-19-2014 07:17 AM
    So then walk with your wallet if it's that big a deal to you.

I was expressing my opinion based on working as a CSR for a corporation that has as many department as Motorola does. You do realize that you are calling a call center, not the plant where the phones are manufactured.

I did read the OP. No need to get insulted over some expressing a different opinion.

This doesn't even make sense. Someone orders a phone, it never arrives because it's never been built, the company lies repeatedly to customer that it's "on the way" but later comes to admit that's impossible because the order was never processed, then wastes SIX hours of customer's time sending them back/forth and then makes them reorder, again....and this is the customer's fault somehow?? Read the OP, JFC...

07-21-2014 06:30 AM
    I've been in contact with Motorola CS since July 6 and very pleasant with them every time. However, I've been told several times now that I would receive a call in 72 hours, and each time I never get called.
    HollyDolly likes this.
    07-23-2014 02:34 AM
    Same thing with me. I've been trying to return a try then buy phone for the past month. Never got a return label, constant phone calls. 72 hour blah blah.
    weksa and HollyDolly like this.
    07-23-2014 04:09 PM
    My wife dropped her Moto X and cracked the screen. I was sure it would cost us to replace it, but within a few hours we had a code to design a new one at no cost to us. The transfer was quick and painless. But that's just our experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app
    07-24-2014 12:00 AM
    I'm even now on the phone with Motorola because they said they'd call me back about about a tech issue and no calls. Been on hold with them a total of 4 hours over this entire phone replacement thing. Worst. Ever.

07-24-2014 02:18 PM
    So then walk with your wallet if it's that big a deal to you.

I was expressing my opinion based on working as a CSR for a corporation that has as many department as Motorola does. You do realize that you are calling a call center, not the plant where the phones are manufactured.

I did read the OP. No need to get insulted over some expressing a different opinion.
    Except you assumed the customer is probably being rude to the CSR and that's why the phone wasn't built or the reason why the customer was given the run around. I have no problems with opinions, but not illogical excuses.

07-24-2014 02:20 PM
    Man... I must just be lucky every time I chatted with customer service. I had a combo of 2 defective units one after the other. All I had to do was chat with them and attach a pic of the issue. Got a code to make a new one each time within 5 minutes and the phone showed up within 3 days of making. I just ordered a new one which said it would get to me Wednesday of next week, but they got it out so fast that FedEx shows Monday as delivery date.

Crazy that I can have such a good experience while others are having the worst ever.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-26-2014 09:32 AM
    Man... I must just be lucky every time I chatted with customer service. I had a combo of 2 defective units one after the other. All I had to do was chat with them and attach a pic of the issue. Got a code to make a new one each time within 5 minutes and the phone showed up within 3 days of making. I just ordered a new one which said it would get to me Wednesday of next week, but they got it out so fast that FedEx shows Monday as delivery date.

Crazy that I can have such a good experience while others are having the worst ever.

Same here. I am on my 3rd unit now. First 2 had the same FFC issue. The 2nd one happened in less than 2 months. I didn't even have to attach pictures, they just gave me codes to build new ones within 5 to 10 minutes. I couldn't be happier with their customer service. I have read that they have stopped doing this, but I can't say for sure myself. I used the online chat for both cases. It sucks to hear people are having bad experiences with them. They made a Moto fanboy out of me.

07-26-2014 05:16 PM
    We'll see if I ever get the 2nd order, but having the same poor experience with them several times in a span of 7 months tells me good experiences are the unique instances.
    Actually, it tells me the opposite. I have seen many more reports of people satisfied with their phones and/or experiences with Motorola customer service. You're just unlucky.
    07-26-2014 07:30 PM
    I had an issue with my X that something was blocking the earpiece and phone calls were extremely faint. Everything else worked fine. I'm sure it's something I did but I have no idea what. I chatted with Moto Customer service on Monday and I should have my replacement customized phone tomorrow. I will say that they told me the phone shipped on Wednesday when it hadn't and that caused some pain and additional chats / phone calls because FedEx said they never got it.
    I finally got someone in Chat who called the repair dept. directly and magically my phone was picked up on Friday and due to be delivered tomorrow. Other than the early Fedex alert getting my hopes up I have no complaints at all about Moto service. Of course, I haven't gotten my replacement phone yet.
    07-27-2014 04:08 PM
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Motos customer support team. When Asurion messed up my order, Moto did their work to fix it. If I had any problems with my phone, they'd send a new on with little to no questions asked.
    11-12-2014 11:31 AM
    Love my Moto X 2013 but their customer service is terrible! Took almost a month to get a replacement device. Then they sent me two within a week on accident. I did the right thing and called them notifying them that they sent me two phones. They thanked me for my honesty, emailed me a return label and said they would compensate me with a gift for the return of the extra phone. I got nothing. Oh well I didn't really expect anything anyways. Hopefully things have improved and or I never have to deal with them again.
    weksa likes this.
    11-17-2014 09:55 AM
75 123