Motorola - Worst Customer "Care" EVER

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
HollyDolly: I would suggest that you bring your complaint to the Moto X community on Google+. Punit Soni and other Motorola Mobility people actively participate in the community and respond to customer issues.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
HollyDolly, I started in a similar position, a Sprint user frustrated that my photon wasn't upgraded. Thankfully, my moto x experience has been better than yours, although not without little glitches.

Best wishes. I know how soul crushing horrible customer service can be. That's actually why I am still with Sprint. I researched the budget carriers, and they all have a reputation for horrible customer service.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I've spent the past 7 days being lied to by Motorola. They tell me my replacement phone has been built, then they say they'll expedite it. When I don't receive the phone, they say it's being built - again. I paid $600 for advanced replacement because my initial order has been defective. They promised that if I buy the advanced replacement phone a week ago, I'd get the phone this week, but it's all lies. Supervisor after supervisor says they'll "call" me or promise me the phone by the end of the week, or a tracking number, and nothing is forthcoming. Then when I contact them another way (online support chat) they tell me the phone hasn't even been built yet! So I asked to cancel the order, and they say they can't refund my money because the phone is being built...again. It's a complete joke!

I can't be the only one having this issue.

WORST COMPANY EVER.

After my nightmare problems with my Photon, I don't know why I even bothered with them - except Sprint has a limited number of phones that aren't crappy, so this was my only option and it's turned out pretty lame.

Hate this company!

ETA: Spoke with the corporate office and they're like, "too bad, so sad, you're SOL" - in more polite terms, but basically, that's the short version of it.

Try Directv and you will think big M is pretty good! Chris

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
While I received my phone from Motorola in a timely fashion and with no issues, I can understand the OP frustration. I think we have all be there with some company. The unfortunate thing is that many people say things like "it's just a phone" or "put it in perspective". No matter what it is, it is not Ok to receive bad customer service. The only way to get a point across is with your wallet. If we sit back and accept bad service then the company doesn't change. If we don't buy and they don't change and more people don't buy, they go out of business. It's just how it works. I hope you get to a resolution with your phone. Good luck.

Sent from my Moto X

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motorola - Worst Customer "Care" EVER

Awesome (for the freebies!) and sorry (for the issues). What did you get?

- - - Updated - - -

I love you. :-* Yes, THIS.

Well, first I had bought a Motomaker PIN from Best Buy that Best Buy didn't properly activate, so after two weeks of Moto trying to work it out with Best Buy, they canceled my order and gave me a free accessory of my choice up to $60 (I chose purple JAX earbuds to match my phone). Then I had to RMA my device because there was dust between the glass and LCD. They offered me a $25 Google Play gift card for that. Then, the gift card never shipped because they emailed the shipping lable for the gift card to me instead of wherever it was supposed to go, so they gave me another $60 accessory of my choice, and I went with the 2000 mAh portable battery they have.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site

I continue to be astounded at the difference experiences people have. I have so far have had nothing but good experiences recently (after having my own issues with Motorola in the past). Ordered my Moto X Sunday 12/15 and it was here two days later. Then ordered my partner's Moto G Wed. 12/18 and it will be here Monday. It's in the neighboring city right now actually. I could drive to get it. :)

So I don't know why some people are having such an easy time and others are having such a horrible experience. I will say that I don't think Motorola has the worst customer service though. For that I would point to Sirus/XM of which I am still trying to solve the billing nightmare they put me through weeks ago. Never ever again. So done with them.

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
HollyDolly: I would suggest that you bring your complaint to the Moto X community on Google+. Punit Soni and other Motorola Mobility people actively participate in the community and respond to customer issues.

To the OP: just in case you missed this post...NealJ is spot on. Get on the Moto X google+ community, (the one with like 4500 members) and direct a post right to Punit Soni. Dollars to donuts he passes it to someone who will help you.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
HollyDolly, I started in a similar position, a Sprint user frustrated that my photon wasn't upgraded. Thankfully, my moto x experience has been better than yours, although not without little glitches.

Best wishes. I know how soul crushing horrible customer service can be. That's actually why I am still with Sprint. I researched the budget carriers, and they all have a reputation for horrible customer service.

Thank you. And not only is poor customer service frustrating, but my cell phone is my only phone. So if it's not working well out of the box and I fork over $600 to get a quick replacement, then am given the shaft...it's unacceptable. *sigh*

Last edited:

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. And not only is poor customer service frustrating, but my cell phone is my only phone. So if it's not working well out of the box and I fork over $600 to get a quick replacement, then am given the shaft...it's unacceptable. *sigh*

Did you go to the Moto X Community on G+ and mention your issue?

Punit Soni (VP of Product Management at Motorola Mobility) actively participates over there. If he isn't the right person for that particular issue, then he'll tag the right person and they usually respond quickly.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Did you go to the Moto X Community on G+ and mention your issue?

Punit Soni (VP of Product Management at Motorola Mobility) actively participates over there. If he isn't the right person for that particular issue, then he'll tag the right person and they usually respond quickly.
I did, thank you. I tagged him in my message and he tagged someone else. That person and I exchanged emails and now I'm going to move forward with the steps they've given me. I hope this story has a happy ending - but my experience so far has not been the best at all (save the last bit I just explained).

NealJ777

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I did, thank you. I tagged him in my message and he tagged someone else. That person and I exchanged emails and now I'm going to move forward with the steps they've given me. I hope this story has a happy ending - but my experience so far has not been the best at all (save the last bit I just explained).

So, what was the outcome?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Motorola finally gave in and sent me out a new phone yesterday after having my phone from December 20, it's on a Fedex truck out for delivery. I was finally able to speak to someone yesterday who had some common sense and the authority to order up a new phone and send it overnight priority when they could not tell me where my phone was or whether it could be repaired or not. 18 days without a smartphone, I was getting used to having a clamshell device that could do nothing more than make and receive calls.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So, what was the outcome?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Well...I received the 3rd replacement phone last week. It's better than the other two, though not perfect. Motorloa received their 2 first phones back from me pre-Christmas and they told me they'd return my Advanced Replacement funds ($600) within 24 hours. I still haven't received my refund. I've been in touch with a supervisor who's trying to get it back, but so far...nada.

Customer service really IS the worst with Motorola. I had really good experience with HTC customer care (not so much their phone on Verizon) and Samsung was just so-so. But Motorola is a hot mess.

So yea - I still stand by my initial assessment of the company.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site

An update to this hot mess of a company's customer service issues:

I still haven't received my $600 refund for my Advanced Placement order, even though I was told I'd received it within 24 hours of their getting the phone back (it's been 3 weeks since they did). I've had to email back/forth with a supervisor. Today she emails that for "unknown reasons" they refunded my account yesterday at 1/3 of the $600 but she's requested they refund the remaining balance of $430, which will take another 3-5 business days - making it a FULL MONTH of not getting my refund.

Worst company. WORST. And I just checked the Better Business Bureau and there are loads of complaints.

I'd never recommend them to anyone. In fact, I've already discouraged 2 friends from buying their products. Awful. :mad:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz