Motorola - Worst Customer "Care" EVER

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I have nothing but good things to say about their customer service. ive had a back crack on me, Royal blue back turn yellow on me, front camera get blocked by the sticker and a problem with the touch screen. everytime I do a chat and bring up the problem, I have a replacement code within a hour and a new phone within 7 days.... sure, i could have lived with everything and would have accepted a "Sorry we cant replace", but MOTO has always come through and given me the best customer service i could ask for!

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
For those who have had bad experiences with Motorola, how has your attitude been when you've spoken to the CSRs? I've worked in a customer-facing department, and generally the most self-righteous and indignant people were the one who complained the loudest, and made my life as miserable as possible when they called in.

The quality of service you receive depends on what you put in. If you call with an attitude, well, yeah. Garbage in, garbage out.

Motorola was able to very quickly fix my problem. Not every company gets everything right, but if you approach them the right way, they will typically fix it.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
For those who have had bad experiences with Motorola, how has your attitude been when you've spoken to the CSRs? I've worked in a customer-facing department, and generally the most self-righteous and indignant people were the one who complained the loudest, and made my life as miserable as possible when they called in.

The quality of service you receive depends on what you put in.
This doesn't even make sense. Someone orders a phone, it never arrives because it's never been built, the company lies repeatedly to customer that it's "on the way" but later comes to admit that's impossible because the order was never processed, then wastes SIX hours of customer's time sending them back/forth and then makes them reorder, again....and this is the customer's fault somehow?? Read the OP, JFC...

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

anaphora68

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
So then walk with your wallet if it's that big a deal to you.

I was expressing my opinion based on working as a CSR for a corporation that has as many department as Motorola does. You do realize that you are calling a call center, not the plant where the phones are manufactured.

I did read the OP. No need to get insulted over some expressing a different opinion.

This doesn't even make sense. Someone orders a phone, it never arrives because it's never been built, the company lies repeatedly to customer that it's "on the way" but later comes to admit that's impossible because the order was never processed, then wastes SIX hours of customer's time sending them back/forth and then makes them reorder, again....and this is the customer's fault somehow?? Read the OP, JFC...

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I've been in contact with Motorola CS since July 6 and very pleasant with them every time. However, I've been told several times now that I would receive a call in 72 hours, and each time I never get called.

LongLeggs

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Same thing with me. I've been trying to return a try then buy phone for the past month. Never got a return label, constant phone calls. 72 hour blah blah.

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
My wife dropped her Moto X and cracked the screen. I was sure it would cost us to replace it, but within a few hours we had a code to design a new one at no cost to us. The transfer was quick and painless. But that's just our experience.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm even now on the phone with Motorola because they said they'd call me back about about a tech issue and no calls. Been on hold with them a total of 4 hours over this entire phone replacement thing. Worst. Ever.

HollyDolly

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
So then walk with your wallet if it's that big a deal to you.

I was expressing my opinion based on working as a CSR for a corporation that has as many department as Motorola does. You do realize that you are calling a call center, not the plant where the phones are manufactured.

I did read the OP. No need to get insulted over some expressing a different opinion.
Except you assumed the customer is probably being rude to the CSR and that's why the phone wasn't built or the reason why the customer was given the run around. I have no problems with opinions, but not illogical excuses.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Man... I must just be lucky every time I chatted with customer service. I had a combo of 2 defective units one after the other. All I had to do was chat with them and attach a pic of the issue. Got a code to make a new one each time within 5 minutes and the phone showed up within 3 days of making. I just ordered a new one which said it would get to me Wednesday of next week, but they got it out so fast that FedEx shows Monday as delivery date.

Crazy that I can have such a good experience while others are having the worst ever.

Posted via Android Central App

pdaniel219

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Man... I must just be lucky every time I chatted with customer service. I had a combo of 2 defective units one after the other. All I had to do was chat with them and attach a pic of the issue. Got a code to make a new one each time within 5 minutes and the phone showed up within 3 days of making. I just ordered a new one which said it would get to me Wednesday of next week, but they got it out so fast that FedEx shows Monday as delivery date.

Crazy that I can have such a good experience while others are having the worst ever.

Same here. I am on my 3rd unit now. First 2 had the same FFC issue. The 2nd one happened in less than 2 months. I didn't even have to attach pictures, they just gave me codes to build new ones within 5 to 10 minutes. I couldn't be happier with their customer service. I have read that they have stopped doing this, but I can't say for sure myself. I used the online chat for both cases. It sucks to hear people are having bad experiences with them. They made a Moto fanboy out of me.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
We'll see if I ever get the 2nd order, but having the same poor experience with them several times in a span of 7 months tells me good experiences are the unique instances.

Actually, it tells me the opposite. I have seen many more reports of people satisfied with their phones and/or experiences with Motorola customer service. You're just unlucky.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I had an issue with my X that something was blocking the earpiece and phone calls were extremely faint. Everything else worked fine. I'm sure it's something I did but I have no idea what. I chatted with Moto Customer service on Monday and I should have my replacement customized phone tomorrow. I will say that they told me the phone shipped on Wednesday when it hadn't and that caused some pain and additional chats / phone calls because FedEx said they never got it.
I finally got someone in Chat who called the repair dept. directly and magically my phone was picked up on Friday and due to be delivered tomorrow. Other than the early Fedex alert getting my hopes up I have no complaints at all about Moto service. Of course, I haven't gotten my replacement phone yet. ;)

savini72

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had nothing but great experiences with Motos customer support team. When Asurion messed up my order, Moto did their work to fix it. If I had any problems with my phone, they'd send a new on with little to no questions asked.

farb12

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Love my Moto X 2013 but their customer service is terrible! Took almost a month to get a replacement device. Then they sent me two within a week on accident. I did the right thing and called them notifying them that they sent me two phones. They thanked me for my honesty, emailed me a return label and said they would compensate me with a gift for the return of the extra phone. I got nothing. Oh well I didn't really expect anything anyways. Hopefully things have improved and or I never have to deal with them again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance