Active Display - sleep time

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
My active Display continues to "breathe" during it's sleeping hours. Could this be a bug? Or did I overlook something in Settings maybe? Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks

Last edited:

alc2077

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
You know what, I thought I was the only person that noticed this but you are totally correct and I would like an explanation too.......

pgoelz

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Interesting. Mine used to "breathe" but ever since KitKat, it does not unless there is an active notification. Actually, I find this to be desirable behavior..... I never saw the point of the display breathing just to show the time since I rarely was looking at the right time and it just wasted a little battery. If there is an active notification, it does breathe, and more frequently than I remember it doing pre-Kit Kat.

Paul

Last edited:

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. Mine used to "breathe" but ever since KitKat, it does not unless there is an active notification. Actually, I find this to be desirable behavior..... I never saw to point of the display breathing just to show the time since I rarely was looking at the right time and it just wasted a little battery. If there is an active notification, it does breathe, and more frequently than I remember it doing pre-Kit Kat.

Paul

I'm on 4.4 KitKat as well, and mine is breathing constantly - notification or not. But it's not supposed to breathe at all during the times you set it to sleep. That's the problem.

Vaas

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine has always breathed during sleep. However is connected to the dock. It's in Daydream mode also during sleep time and since I use it as an alarm clock I like the function.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine has always breathed during sleep. However is connected to the dock. It's in Daydream mode also during sleep time and since I use it as an alarm clock I like the function.

Posted via Android Central App

Maybe I'm misunderstanding this. In Settings it says, "Notifications will sleep from xxx - xxx". It doesn't say that Active Display, as a whole, will sleep. Just notifications.

I think I misunderstood how this feature is supposed to work. During sleep mode, just the notifications stop - not the overall display. My fault!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol